Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Angry How come cagers never use their side view mirrors?

Some cockwad on his phone with no turn signal or so much as a look to his mirror comes right into the lane I am already occupying (not the first time for any of us of course). I didn't break his mirror cause I'm just not THAT much of a , but what is the purpose of mirrors if they never use them? Share your experiences with this situation and how did you handle it?
Squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A view from the other side bayou General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 06-02-2012 07:19 PM
Rear view mirrors !! Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-13-2009 10:47 AM
texas law on rear view mirrors nvydis General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-09-2008 03:05 PM
Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
The Yellow Helmet Guy

Experience: 2 years

2013 Ninja 300 SE ABS

I rode to Mancuso SW for some work done on my ninja... US290 never fails to disappoint... Especially when I am riding in the diamond lane, and some guys decides to merge over, crossing double white lines and nearly cutting me off, lol...

On a side note, noticed single occupancy drivers/caters just zipping in the diamond lane with no concern to look for other vehicles, just because traffic is slowing ahead
*** ATGATT Crew ***
*** Rides the HOV When Not Busy Crew ***
*** Total N00b Crew***
Korry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

I just get out of the situation and go my own way. I may give them a "wtf?" look but I've got better things to do than get off at idiots in traffic. My job raises my blood pressure enough.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
aka Joe

Experience: 2 years

07' CBR600RR

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Rael View Post
I just get out of the situation and go my own way. I may give them a "wtf?" look but I've got better things to do than get off at idiots in traffic. My job raises my blood pressure enough.

although very dangerous, i've had to tap on a window from someone merging, getting too close and me having no way to avoid them. Other times it has been me just getting run completely off into the shoulder of the freeway. A buddy on here actually saw me get merged on by a car on the way to a central meet.The lady and passenger looked at me and swerved more to push me into the shoulder, a few cagers around us even noticed and were like wtf. So i have began to learn to anticipate the bad drivers.

Last edited by cbrmonkey; 08-31-2013 at 11:53 AM.
cbrmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #5

Experience: 5 years

2008 ZX-10R

Member Garage

It's an unfortunate truth about riding, you have to learn to ride defensively to avoid oblivious drivers. I've only been riding for 5 years and my riding/driving habits have drastically changed since I started. I don't stay directly next to any cars if I have to.
Obliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #6

98 cbr 600

I've only been riding for a couple years, but I learned very fast to watch to make sure I'm not in some ones blind spot. It actually happens when I'm in my cafe too. ( small car. I miss my truck)

Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?!
SeenTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote