MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Dap3rry
Member
 
Dap3rry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2







Member Garage





Just moved here

I just moved to sugar land from Cali. I have a '98 VTR 1000 super hawk. It is a V-twin. My electrode from my spark plug broke off in my front chamber and snapped off one of valves. I'm not sure if it is intake or exhaust. I used a small boroscope and videoed it through the spark plug hole. It nicked it up inside pretty good and I need to find a reputable shop that will let me know the extent and the total it will cost. I haven't ridden it all summer and its killing me. She also has a custom paint job and I need some touch ups. If anyone has some advice it would be appreciated.

Dap3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just moved in... flip326 Off Topic 20 01-16-2015 11:18 PM
just moved here Colbyck18 Stunters Lounge 22 06-16-2011 10:27 PM
i moved psykohaulic Off Topic 15 11-13-2007 10:17 PM
moved to killeen whosthis Off Topic 49 05-08-2007 03:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Dap3rry View Post
I just moved to sugar land from Cali. I have a '98 VTR 1000 super hawk. It is a V-twin. My electrode from my spark plug broke off in my front chamber and snapped off one of valves. I'm not sure if it is intake or exhaust. I used a small boroscope and videoed it through the spark plug hole. It nicked it up inside pretty good and I need to find a reputable shop that will let me know the extent and the total it will cost. I haven't ridden it all summer and its killing me. She also has a custom paint job and I need some touch ups. If anyone has some advice it would be appreciated.

http://youtu.be/0_qNYt2qV4w
Welcome to MH! Have you checked the Sponsor section? There are some good shops there. I hope they can get you fixed up.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






What part of Cali are you from? I grew up there.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
monstermanus
Senior Member
 
monstermanus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: richmond
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 558

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
ducati monster (sold )
Ducati streetfighter








Send a message via AIM to monstermanus Send a message via Yahoo to monstermanus
Patrick from motorcycles unlimited and house of paint
Welcome tomoto houston
monstermanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
tamucc2004
Senior Member
 
tamucc2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 615

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 636, 06 DRZ400SM, 03 YZ 450 Motard, 07 Kawi Mean Streak, 08 Honda 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermanus View Post
Patrick from motorcycles unlimited and house of paint
Welcome tomoto houston
Bingo!
__________________
aggracinglogo

CMRA Novice #484
tamucc2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
Dap3rry
Member
 
Dap3rry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2







Member Garage





Thanks

I'm from all over, I was military brat, and just got out of the Navy. When I was younger I lived in Sacramento, but I just left El Centro after being stationed there for 3 years, it's near San Diego.

Ill check out those groups and try to get my bike fixed soon. Hoping to see some of you guys riding around.

The one major complaint I have for Texas is no lane splitting, I'm gonna miss it.
Dap3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Dap3rry View Post
I'm from all over, I was military brat, and just got out of the Navy. When I was younger I lived in Sacramento, but I just left El Centro after being stationed there for 3 years, it's near San Diego.

Ill check out those groups and try to get my bike fixed soon. Hoping to see some of you guys riding around.

The one major complaint I have for Texas is no lane splitting, I'm gonna miss it.
Welcome to Texas! I grew up in Palos Verdes. Spent time in Carlsbad, Berkeley, and miss splitting lanes.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
Squid Spawn
Viva La SMRs!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: "MO" City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 335

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Currently on a 07 Yamaha R1
2010 BMW S1000rr(sold)
02 R1, 04 R1, 07 R6, 07R1 & 09 R1 all sold
94 CBR 6f2, 93 CBR 900rr, 97 CBR600f3 & 07 CBR 600rr(all sold
Big Wheel, Redline BMX, Peugeot PGN-10(speed)






Welcome!
Squid Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy