MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #21
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
a garage wont stop anything...if they want it they will get it..dont forget it.
word... if you dont want it stolen park it next your your bed with motion sensors...

but im with brian on this.. get theft insurance and stop worry'n!
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 AM   #22
viprgtsr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1000

If you want my bike, you gotta take my car too.

They are chained together.
viprgtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #23
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by viprgtsr
If you want my bike, you gotta take my car too.

They are chained together.
2 for 1.. sounds like a deal. haha
Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 AM   #24
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

Cruiser, too heavy/bulky to pick up
Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #25
Red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
a garage wont stop anything...if they want it they will get it..dont forget it.
That's very true, but just because it's in a garage still put a disc. lock or something. I have a flush mounted floor anchor in the middle of my garage that a 1" cable goes through, the bike stays on both front and rear stands, with a disc lock, and steering lock. I live in the woods and have a long private drive to my house, They still "tried" to still my . fortunately when they saw how well it was secured they changed there mind and was greeted by my wife at the door with a shot gun. I did think it was a little funny though that they left my buddies brand new Harley sitting there as if they had no interest, and it didn't even have the steering locked . I think they knew what they wanted just didn't have time to get through all teh locks toget it.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #26
Red

Member Garage

oh and the garaged door they kicked in will be a huge surprize if they try that again. it is the same solid wood door with a steel frame and 2 dead bolts top and bottom. Someones breaking a leg when they kick it this time:laughing6 :laughing6 And I get to watch since I have a camera also.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 AM   #27
AWD
Cruise'n

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Send a message via AIM to AWD Send a message via Yahoo to AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx
so many people on here are living in the now rather than living with priorities in mind.

If priorities is the argument, then we wouldnt have bikes to begin with. In reality, a bike is not a necessity or a priority in anyones life. Its a hobby/luxury item. But yes, people need to put there toys away properly.
AWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #28
R6_htown
Need4speed

Bike(s):
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turkey
Maybe we should put a sticky on reviews on different alarm systems, info on Lojack, where to get them locally installed, good online deals, etc.
Sounds good
Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #29
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

"If priorities is the argument, then we wouldnt have bikes to begin with. In reality, a bike is not a necessity or a priority in anyones life. Its a hobby/luxury item."

Maybe for you casual riders but my motorcycle is my daily transportation to/from work and has been for the last 20 years. I'm doing my part to help George Dubya achieve the 20 percent reduction in gas usage.

A good number of people who drive a big- SUV to work in Houston could ride a bigger scooter to work and get three or four times the gas mileage. Think how much different the freeways would look at rush hour with even 20 percent of the traffic being motorcycles/scooters?
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
If priorities is the argument, then we wouldnt have bikes to begin with. In reality, a bike is not a necessity or a priority in anyones life. Its a hobby/luxury item. But yes, people need to put there toys away properly.
I think he was addressing that to many people can not truely afford this hobby if they can not afford the additional costs other then acquiring a bike.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #31
therky42

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm
"If priorities is the argument, then we wouldnt have bikes to begin with. In reality, a bike is not a necessity or a priority in anyones life. Its a hobby/luxury item."

Maybe for you casual riders but my motorcycle is my daily transportation to/from work and has been for the last 20 years. I'm doing my part to help George Dubya achieve the 20 percent reduction in gas usage.

A good number of people who drive a big- SUV to work in Houston could ride a bigger scooter to work and get three or four times the gas mileage. Think how much different the freeways would look at rush hour with even 20 percent of the traffic being motorcycles/scooters?

Ahh yes I can see the rise in traffic jams now because of all the accidents! More motorcycles = more people riding the shoulder or lane splitting, and More "kids" wrecking due to show boating or just plain going to fast. Maybe thats just my view.
therky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:51 AM   #32
TILLA THE KILLA

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)

Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
My bike stays in my garage. But even with full coverage and gap I still have sympathy for those who get their bikes stolen. Many of us don't finance our bikes and it brings an added attachment when you save up and pay for it cash. They stopped making TL's in 03 so if they get mine its hard to replace it with a bike in the same condition and all of the mods i've put into it. And on top of that there is a horrible feeling associated with getting something stolen from you. You paid for it, it did not belong to the thieves. So yes I have sympathy for them. If you have full coverage with gap or you don't.

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
TILLA THE KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 AM   #33
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by therky42
Ahh yes I can see the rise in traffic jams now because of all the accidents! More motorcycles = more people riding the shoulder or lane splitting, and More "kids" wrecking due to show boating or just plain going to fast. Maybe thats just my view.
mine too...
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:20 PM   #34
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I think he was addressing that to many people can not truely afford this hobby if they can not afford the additional costs other then acquiring a bike.
Exactly...
Old 04-03-2007, 04:23 PM   #35
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm

Is that your only means of transportation? There are a handful of vehicles out there that could compete with a bike when it comes to milege.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #36
AWD
Cruise'n

Bike(s):
'06 600rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody

I hear ya
Old 04-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #37
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TILLA THE KILLA
... But even with full coverage and gap I still have sympathy for those who get their bikes stolen. Many of us don't finance our bikes and it brings an added attachment when you save up and pay for it cash.
I'm with you Tilla--beyond the financial investment, we often name these things. If someone breaks into my garage, they aren't stealing a 600rr, they're stealing Mogee. And theft is one of those gicky things that leaves a person--keep the testosterone on a leash fellas -- feeling violated and/or vulnerable in a certain sense of the word. I get what you're saying bdmpastx, but it doesn't seem lame to give sympathy to those who have something special stolen from them.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 PM   #38
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

I live in a condo and park mine with the front wheel touching the door, my alarm, with ear peircing sirens, on at all times. I guess that, along with the big blue led flashing, and the fact that my next door neighbor is a cop, helps me sleep better at night. And i have full coverage as well. Thanks to Pete for the awesome rate!
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:10 PM   #39
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

But nothing would be better than having a garage to park my bike in. Did i mention im a light sleeper?
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:11 PM   #40
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
I agree...way to get your point across. Now nobody has a real reason to go crying to motohouston, when all these security possibilities have bee given!!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement