MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
younggindamix

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha R6

Took the BRC and got my Gremlin Bell!

Took the 2 day BRC over this past weekend (8/24-8/25) with awesome cycles. My instructors were Sam and David, and they made my time spent learning enjoyable! I gained a lot of knowledge on everything motorcycle related. We started off by properly starting the bike to learning about the friction zone which is commonly known as the "sweet spot" of the clutch. Our evaluation was based on riding through a curve, emergency braking, swerving to avoid an immediate object and doing a left and right tight u turn in a rectangle box. I must say that the u turn was the most difficult thing for me but I pulled through! The best advice I had for anyone is to take the course on a day where it is not hot because I applied sunscreen to the back of my neck repeatedly throughout the day but it still got burned. Drink plenty of water and make sure you get adequate rest the night prior to class time. I was one of four students who received the gremlin bell due to getting a 100 on the written test and one person received it from getting a perfect score on the riding test. Thanks Awesome Cycles, Ill be back in a few months to complete the Experienced Rider course!
younggindamix is offline   Reply With Quote