MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

HAYABUSA SUSPENTION SETTINGS

I am looking for a starting point on setting up the prload and such on my new busa. dose anyone ride a hayabusa? i am about 5'11" and about 210lbs, can any one give a setting point to start so that i can fine tune from that point! not a road racer more of a cruser, i just like sport bikes.
Tune YouR Suspention Osiris102406 Taking it to the Track 10 08-26-2010 10:14 PM
question on suspension settings 1slocbr How To's and Q & A's 11 11-29-2008 08:27 PM
Custom Ring Settings? amber|alexis Off Topic 19 01-15-2008 03:50 PM
r1 map settings ikp460. How To's and Q & A's 4 11-20-2006 11:21 PM
suggested suspension settings CarbonJames Performance and Modifications 2 05-09-2005 07:17 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
just go to motorcycles unlimited and let them set it up. best 25 bux i spent
Old 04-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010
just go to motorcycles unlimited and let them set it up. best 25 bux i spent
Ditto,

Patrick and crew set me up and the bike was completely different than stock, rode like a much smallewr bike. I asked him to set it up closer to firm / track than for street. If you want to do it yourself, PM Train460 who owns my old Busa. He can tell you what it is set at. I was 200 lbs when Patrick set it up.

P
Old 04-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa

Feedback Rating: (15)

As mentioned Patrick's shop would be money well spent. A "one size fits all setting" on our superbikes isn't something that I would recommend to anyone.

-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
tedbiele

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 Anniv Busa

Send a message via ICQ to tedbiele Send a message via AIM to tedbiele Send a message via Yahoo to tedbiele
Patrick re-did my entire suspension. It handles like its on rails now. Of course mine had to be rebuilt completely... as I have a bit more "ballast" than you do!

If you are a true do-it-yourselfer you can go to www.hayabusa.org and go to the forums, then enter suspension set-up in the search and look for Jinkster's write-up on setting up your suspension. He describes how you can do your own and walks you through it pretty thoroughly.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedbiele
Patrick re-did my entire suspension. It handles like its on rails now. Of course mine had to be rebuilt completely... as I have a bit more "ballast" than you do!

If you are a true do-it-yourselfer you can go to www.hayabusa.org and go to the forums, then enter suspension set-up in the search and look for Jinkster's write-up on setting up your suspension. He describes how you can do your own and walks you through it pretty thoroughly.

yes i did that yesterday just have not gottin time to try it out. thanks
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

You are going to need help. With you sitting on the bike you will need atleast one other person to take measurements but 2 would be even better. Although my time and money would go to Motorcycles Unlimited because it is not worth wasting my time on the black art when $25 gets me setup with any additional adjustments to get it dialed in. Can't beat that deal!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #8
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

well i set up my suspention yesterday and it is so much better! i way a bout 210 and it felt realy soft, like running hwy speeds 70 + the wind would make it like bounce or something! not sure how to discribe, but i set it up as sugested on the hayabusa owners forum and it is so awsome. feels more controlable and not like it gets pushed around with the wind! love it. i got out a little today and it made so much of a diff. any way thanks for the input and see you out and about!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX
well i set up my suspention yesterday and it is so much better! i way a bout 210 and it felt realy soft, like running hwy speeds 70 + the wind would make it like bounce or something! not sure how to discribe, but i set it up as sugested on the hayabusa owners forum and it is so awsome. feels more controlable and not like it gets pushed around with the wind! love it. i got out a little today and it made so much of a diff. any way thanks for the input and see you out and about!

I still recommend you taking it somewhere. i did a lot of reading, a lot of research, set it up. i felt that i did a good Job, went to the track and took it to Patrick, well i can tell you i was way offffffffffffffff in the preload. My sag and compresion were somewhat good but not there still.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM   #10
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

i am not realy into trackdays and or hard corners, it feals realy good to me so i am not realy to worryed about it but if i have any problems i am going to take it! thanks alot though!

Advertisement