MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #61
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Hmmmm....very skeptical american here!
Unless you are eating bitter melon and flax seed to fill your stomach before eating higher calorie foods, I am throwing the bullshit flag on those two items preventing weight gain...again, unless they are utilized as fillers prior to eating richer foods.
LOL!! U always have a way with words.
Bitter melon is really nutritious for u. In Việt we call it "hu hoa". I never learned to eat it. What a shame. Had I did, I could quite possibly be skinny already. My peeps stuff it with pork n into a broth, making it an entree. Or..sliced with pork.
I, dont touch it and steer clear. Acquired taste.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW Midweek BBQ Run / Wed. Aug. 14th sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 55 08-18-2013 06:00 PM
SW Midweek Taco Run #3 / Wed. Aug 7th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 27 08-09-2013 12:38 AM
SW Midweek Taco Run / Wed. July 24th. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 117 07-25-2013 07:48 PM
SW Midweek Meet & Greet / Wed. May 22nd. sunday_rider Events, Meets and Rides 44 05-23-2013 06:35 AM
HAK, Bubbas Burger Shack, ASI Wed. October 21st. peruvian Events, Meets and Rides 14 10-21-2009 10:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #62
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
Nopales..isnt that...cactus? NoooOooo. Ill have a cactus plant pet though.
bitter melon? Oh heck no. The bumpy light green cucumber shape right? I cant do bitter. Ill die.

I maintained my weight. I need to lose more n get my body back! Rooar!

Heyy, so..u posted that one pic on a cruiser from yonder years ago. Ur still the same weight!
hahaha no, i was like 18 in that pic..... in my late 20's and early 30's i was 185lbs, in the last few years due to my diabetes i started to loose weight gradually to keep myself healthy because obesity is one of the side effects of diabetes, so now i weight pretty much like when i was 18
Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #63
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Bitter melon is really nutritious for u. In Việt we call it "hu hoa". I never learned to eat it. What a shame. Had I did, I could quite possibly be skinny already. My peeps stuff it with pork n into a broth, making it an entree. Or..sliced with pork.
Well that is an interesting way to manage weight.
Package up a good meat into a horrible wrapper so you only eat what you can stand before throwing in the towel!
I am sure it works!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #64
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Hmmmm....very skeptical american here!
Unless you are eating bitter melon and flax seed to fill your stomach before eating higher calorie foods, I am throwing the bullshit flag on those two items preventing weight gain...again, unless they are utilized as fillers prior to eating richer foods.
Well, you just need to open your mind to new horizons my friend

do some research, lots of info available about the 2 items i have mentioned, the other one is an India tree, consumed by Ghandi himself called Noni, the locals call it the miracle tree for a reason and big pharmaceutical companies are buying the whole production to make lots of healthy products plus natural (chemical free) insecticides.

As far as cactus, lots of U.S. universities and people in the medical field have done research in the early 1940's about the health benefits of Mexican Cactus, too bad we have Washington lobbiest working for big pharmaceutical companies that want to keep all that info in the dark so they can keep selling their diabetes pills and then have people do dialysis in their later years... The high fiber content and Peptin found on Nopales are the key to absorb sugar and bad choresterol in your system! Prickly pear contains vitamins C and B, beta carotene, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, amino acids, antioxidants, and various other nutrients that reverse free radical damage in cells as well as cut inflammation.

Quote from the last 3 paragraphs:

"Two years ago, President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama welcomed Mexican President Felipe Calderón and his wife, Margarita Zavala, and 200 other guests to the White House for their second state dinner. You can bet nobody served cheese and bean burritos, tacos, white rice, or fajitas at the state dinner. The prickly pear cactus also appeared as a centerpiece on the tables.

The East Room's menu of gourmet Mexican food by guest chef Rick Bayless smacked of royal treatment of the highest high quality. After dinner, pop superstar Beyoncé entertained an additional 111 invited guests.

Guests included well known actresses, athletes, celebrities, and Mexican billionaire who happens also to be the world's richest man, Carlos Slim. So how does this relate to Sacramento? Exotic Mexican food, or rather high-quality Mexican food known for its health value is becoming popular in Sacramento, and one of the most emphasized foods is the prickly pear, the nopales, edible cactus."

http://www.examiner.com/article/holi...s-prickly-pear

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...0PEAR%20CACTUS

Benefits of bitter Melon can also be found on the internet, just too lazy to do the research for you.

Last edited by sunday_rider; 08-22-2013 at 11:21 AM.
sunday_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Well, you just need to open your mind to new horizons my friend

do some research, lots of info available about the 2 items i have mentioned, the other one is an India tree, consumed by Ghandi himself called Noni, the locals call it the miracle tree for a reason and big pharmaceutical companies are buying the whole production to make lots of healthy products plus natural (chemical free) insecticides.

As far as cactus, lots of U.S. universities and people in the medical field have done research in the early 1940's about the health benefits of Mexican Cactus, too bad we have Washington lobbiest working for big the pharmaceutical companies that want to keep all that info in the dark so they can keep selling their diabetes pills and then have people do dialysis in their later years... The high fiber content and Peptin found on Nopales are the key to absorb sugar and bad choresterol in your system! Prickly pear contains vitamins C and B, beta carotene, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, amino acids, antioxidants, and various other nutrients that reverse free radical damage in cells as well as cut inflammation.

Quote from the last 3 paragraphs:

"Two years ago, President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama welcomed Mexican President Felipe Calderón and his wife, Margarita Zavala, and 200 other guests to the White House for their second state dinner. You can bet nobody served cheese and bean burritos, tacos, white rice, or fajitas at the state dinner. The prickly pear cactus also appeared as a centerpiece on the tables.

The East Room's menu of gourmet Mexican food by guest chef Rick Bayless smacked of royal treatment of the highest high quality. After dinner, pop superstar Beyoncé entertained an additional 111 invited guests.

Guests included well known actresses, athletes, celebrities, and Mexican billionaire who happens also to be the world's richest man, Carlos Slim. So how does this relate to Sacramento? Exotic Mexican food, or rather high-quality Mexican food known for its health value is becoming popular in Sacramento, and one of the most emphasized foods is the prickly pear, the nopales, edible cactus."

http://www.examiner.com/article/holi...s-prickly-pear

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...0PEAR%20CACTUS

Benefits of bitter Melon can also be found on the internet, just too lazy to do the research for you.
Well,
my mind is wide open and so are my eyes.
So, if there were true measurable weight loss benefits to the bitter melon and flax seed supplements, it would be a multi billion dollar industry eclipsed only by the cure for the common cold. Fat people worldwide would be hoarding the supply!
No really, I think there may be some benefit to the supplements; however, there is no substitute for eating a reasonable amount of good calories and moving more.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #66
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Yeah it takes some time to get used to it but after a while, the bitterness goes away, in my case i have become immune to it. The cactus has no flavor at all just like tofu, you can add whatever flavor you want and eat it that way
Old 08-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #67
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Well,
my mind is wide open and so are my eyes.
So, if there were true measurable weight loss benefits to the bitter melon and flax seed supplements, it would be a multi billion dollar industry eclipsed only by the cure for the common cold. Fat people worldwide would be hoarding the supply!
No really, I think there may be some benefit to the supplements; however, there is no substitute for eating a reasonable amount of good calories and moving more.
No Jeff seriously, you are one of the most closed minded people i have met so far

but fat people are fat for eating the wrong things and the wrong quantity to start with, all they care is the flavor and are not concerned about the health benefits or nutritional value on whatever they put into their mouth. I am living proof that what it is found in nature works for me and a few million other people outside the USA. If i didnt eat the nopales, bitter melon, etc. i would be 300lbs by now........ take for example, what did you eat last night at Best Burger? I ate a triple cheeseburger, fried rice, pepper steak beef, fried egg roll and a bottle of Mexican coke which contains real sugar, i probably ate double what you ate last night but i didnt gain any weight at all...... been doing this for lots of years already

On a related note...... Tesla and Mr. Chase (JP Morgan) were partners in the evolution of electrifying the world with a wifi grid, where power will be provided to every end of the world, Mr. Chase stopped all funding as soon as he found out Tesla's dream was to provide free electricity to the world and not a single penny will be made for the financial institution!

Last edited by sunday_rider; 08-22-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #68
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
No Jeff seriously, you are one of the most closed minded people i have met so far

but fat people are fat for eating the wrong things and the wrong quantity to start with, all they care is the flavor and are not concerned about the health benefits or nutritional value on whatever they put into their mouth. I am living proof that what it is found in nature works for me and a few million other people outside the USA. If i didnt eat the nopales, bitter melon, etc. i would be 300lbs by now........ take for example, what did you eat last night at Best Burger? I ate a triple cheeseburger, fried rice, pepper steak beef, fried egg roll and a bottle of Mexican coke which contains real sugar, i probably ate double what you ate last night but i didnt gain any weight at all...... been doing this for lots of years already

On a related note...... Tesla and Mr. Chase (JP Morgan) were partners in the evolution of electrifying the world with a wifi grid, where power will be provided to every end of the world, Mr. Chase stopped all funding as soon as he found out Tesla's dream was to provide free electricity to the world and not a single penny will be made for the financial institution!
Cant tell me anything about Tesla..he's the man! Edison was a crook and Tesla will forever be forgotten in mainstream history.

As far as your triple burger....Im rolling with metabolic rate...not bitter melon!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #69
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Cant tell me anything about Tesla..he's the man! Edison was a crook and Tesla will forever be forgotten in mainstream history.

As far as your triple burger....Im rolling with metabolic rate...not bitter melon!
like i said before, one of the side effects of diabetes is obesity, look it up on the net..... no matter how fast or slow is your metabolism, the problem comes from eating all the calories which gets converted in sugars. For normal people sugar gets converted into energy and partially burned off that way, but for diabetic people, our system doesnt process the sugars correctly and it get stored as fat, thats the main reason for obesity for diabetics, metabolic rate has nothing to do with it, it is a kidney/pancreas deficiency/failure.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #70
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

The next miracle tree is called Moringa! Anyone that gets cramps due to dehydration from riding in the hot summer heat should look into it. One little Moringa leaf has more potassium/magnesium than 5 bananas! Another great natural product you wont see big pharmaceutical companies or FDA talk about it!

Last edited by sunday_rider; 08-22-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #71
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
like i said before, one of the side effects of diabetes is obesity, look it up on the net..... no matter how fast or slow is your metabolism, the problem comes from eating all the calories which gets converted in sugars. For normal people sugar gets converted into energy and partially burned off that way, but for diabetic people, our system doesnt process the sugars correctly and it get stored as fat, thats the main reason for obesity for diabetics, metabolic rate has nothing to do with it, it is a kidney/pancreas deficiency/failure.
Allright....get me some pills. Im in.
90 day trial will take place!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #72
Morphish
Fast for a Commuter

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki Katana B12
2005 Triumph Rocket ]I[
1983 Honda GL1100 (sold)

Great food, and fun to hang out with everyone. And to the guy that mistook my bike for a vintage hyabusa, thank you.
Morphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #73
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Allright....get me some pills. Im in.
90 day trial will take place!
Thats the spirit Jeff, you will feel the difference in less than 90 days! I will give you the details at our next meet!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #74
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphish View Post
Great food, and fun to hang out with everyone. And to the guy that mistook my bike for a vintage hyabusa, thank you.
Glad you decided to join us, it was good meeting you as well and hope to see you on our rides one of these days!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #75
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Good times! A few of us stayed till 11:15 and shared old moto stories...

On the way home down 59 I got lit up and stopped by FB County for some open throttle testing I was performing on a big open gap in traffic.... that is a story I will have to tell a few of you next time I see ya....

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #76
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post

On the way home down 59 I got lit up and stopped by FB County for some open throttle testing I was performing on a big open gap in traffic.... that is a story I will have to tell a few of you next time I see ya....
11:15? glad u had a good time! it's always fun to get together on a wed night and eat together as a group.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #77
Squid Spawn
Viva La SMRs!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Currently on a 07 Yamaha R1
2010 BMW S1000rr(sold)
02 R1, 04 R1, 07 R6, 07R1 & 09 R1 all sold
94 CBR 6f2, 93 CBR 900rr, 97 CBR600f3 & 07 CBR 600rr(all sold
Big Wheel, Redline BMX, Peugeot PGN-10(speed)

Gary, and you just finished telling us a story jut like that on the dinner table!! Man, don't cha ever learn?! Lol
Squid Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 AM   #78
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post

Ohh lordy

Advertisement