MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #41
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
We run 2 seconds off the fastest race pace at most events. But I've seen KrazeKris podium (maybe win even?) F4 and ESS on our bike as described above. We had a handful of 5ths, a 3rd, and a 1st in CMRA endurance on it last year. Stock exhaust, stock motor, stock filter, stock shock, etc... Serious fun. We run about 2:00 mins at MSRH, 1:31 on the MSRC big track. This is mid pack level 2, 600, pace. It's all about corner speed and track / line reading.

On Trey's built Ninja 250 KrazeKris runs 2 - 3 seconds faster. This is John Brooms old beast, 2012 Endurance 1st place bike.

Jredford says it is junk compared to his fresh 1500 mile fully built race 250. I want to see how his super secret skunkworks team does on that bike in 2014. I'm guessing well to very well.

Mr.P
Thanks Peter, it's definitely not junk, as it is a proven fast race bike. A better description might be weary, crashed a lot and lacking a bit of TLC.

For me racing is all about confidence in ones equipment, I can run my 250 3-4 seconds quicker than the Broom bike. Better riders like you and Kris can ride anything fast.

A grateful thanks for John Rangel extending me the opportunity to ride his bike.

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CMRA Mini (Lightweight) Endurance Roll Call joeybaila Taking it to the Track 2 12-25-2013 02:45 AM
CMRA Mini Endurance Rider Available For 2011 gofast353 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 2 01-05-2011 11:49 AM
CMRA mini endurance mcd Taking it to the Track 11 11-23-2009 09:24 AM
CMRA Cresson mini Endurance Thanks BlackWidow Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 4 09-08-2009 01:57 PM
CMRA @ Oak Hill Mini Endurance houseofpaint Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 12 09-27-2007 04:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #42
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'

Last edited by Jredford; 09-05-2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Double post
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #43
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

You are welcome sir. Big thank you goes back to you for all your help and also Trey for how much he has also helped and allowing me to stay on the team even though i no longer own the bike.
I guess if you are starting your own team that is another team we have to beat with out unprepaired and messy team. We will party while you guys prep. Should be some good racing!
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #44
bluepine

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
Man good info! Thanks.

The only part I'm confused about is the fiberglass. Are you talking about adding a layer of glass on the inside of the lowers???
Or, you can do what the HalfFast team owner Joey did with our endurance bike.
Just buy the belly pan for 50 bucks, and cut up the street fairings. Pretty cheap. And we still manage to be in the top 10 for endurance championship, with only the last 3 races becoming somewhat competitive, but the level of fun can't be described. You see HalfFast, and the Brawps, and Brawp Brawp, and many others in the pits, and you'll be confused. We all look like we are in a theme park. Serious blast. And to add, no matter how competitive we are to each-other, the camaraderie among 250 racers is insane. We share info on improving skills and bikes even though while racing we are fierce to each other, and help those in need even when we need more help. Just an example, 250 King, Kraze Kris (eventually to be dethroned by Bluepine. ) sees someone having heat stroke and collapsing from a scooter, he is drained and almost to the point of collapsing after 2 long stints and almost 3 hours of riding in 100 degree heat. And he goes out of his way to help the dude, and in the process he collapses of the heat stroke. True warrior of honor (or dumb ). I learned to race on the 250 from watching Sheilla, Kris, and some other. And now, i race against my mentors. Some of them, i can beat, and some, i still have long way to go. But all of them are still helping and pushing me to get better. Now, try to find that in real life situation at work or school.

20130413 153253 zpsd9a12684

20130413 153241 zpsd35a8ef5
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #45
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Or, you can do what the HalfFast team owner Joey did with our endurance bike.
Just buy the belly pan for 50 bucks, and cut up the street fairings. Pretty cheap. And we still manage to be in the top 10 for endurance championship, with only the last 3 races becoming somewhat competitive, but the level of fun can't be described. You see HalfFast, and the Brawps, and Brawp Brawp, and many others in the pits, and you'll be confused. We all look like we are in a theme park. Serious blast. And to add, no matter how competitive we are to each-other, the camaraderie among 250 racers is insane. We share info on improving skills and bikes even though while racing we are fierce to each other, and help those in need even when we need more help. Just an example, 250 King, Kraze Kris (eventually to be dethroned by Bluepine. ) sees someone having heat stroke and collapsing from a scooter, he is drained and almost to the point of collapsing after 2 long stints and almost 3 hours of riding in 100 degree heat. And he goes out of his way to help the dude, and in the process he collapses of the heat stroke. True warrior of honor (or dumb ). I learned to race on the 250 from watching Sheilla, Kris, and some other. And now, i race against my mentors. Some of them, i can beat, and some, i still have long way to go. But all of them are still helping and pushing me to get better. Now, try to find that in real life situation at work or school.

20130413 153253 zpsd9a12684

20130413 153241 zpsd35a8ef5

Picture one HalfFast posing as BRAWP....

Picture 2... Photobombed by ugliest leathers in the CMRA!

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement