MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
Frostbite01

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1991 Honda TransAlp (RIP)
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Member Garage

Thumbs down Beware DMVmoto.com

I just wanted to tell everyone to be careful if you want to buy any parts from http://www.dmvmoto.com/. I tried to place two separate web orders with Joe Patriarco at his website. His company is actually CJmoto in Austin Tx, and does automotive graphics, as well as selling parts. I live in Houston.. let me tell you what happened (this is long, but please read it!)...

First, I ordered a gas cap tank pad from him. Everything seemed to be ok except... The tank pad was suposedly back ordered... so I waited... almost a month. (I called him a few times for an update, as he would never contact me!!!) Finally, I got a "package sent" email with a tracking number from stamps.com. Two weeks later... still no tank pad, and the tracking info was never updated on stamps.com. Joe said he didn't know what happened and he would send me a new one after he filed a claim with the US postal service. I waited another couple of weeks, and then out of the blue I get a refund. I had to call him again, and he said the part was discontinued. I thought.. ok.. not his fault. It’s just the way it is. He offered me a 20% discount on a future purchase. (Side note: I can still get the part from the European distributor if I want to pay a crazy shipping amount, and the part is still on Joe's website)

I thought.. Cool.. I ordered $120 worth of items, as their stuff it pretty nice. Well... that was May 26th. After another month of not getting my stuff... I called him again. He said he had two of the items, but the 3rd was backordered. Keep in mind. MDVMOTO is actually a company from Europe and he is the ONLY US distributer.

So, I thought.. ok.. back orders can happen. I waited a few more weeks and called him.. No answer. Left a message. Waited a few days. Called again. No answer. Left a message. After several more attempts with no success or return call. I had figured he was screening my calls. So, I called him from my work and cell phones.. no answer. Then immediately, I used a friends phone (who has an out of state number).. Guess what!!! He answered. WTF!?!?! I asked about my ordered and he said he still didn’t have the last item. I said.. that’s ok. Ship what you have, and send the last item when you get it. He said, “Yeah, that would be the best thing to do”. Two weeks later…. No item.. no answer to any calls, at all. So I decided to go to his “shop in Austin, as I was there seeing my girl anyway. And see if I couln't get my stuff.

His “Shop” is an old storage facility that has units that have been sold to small (shady) businesses. No one was there during the posted “business” hours. I decided enough was enough. Fortunately, I paid for the order with paypal!!! So, I decided to file a paypal dispute. After a week he never replied to the dispute, so I escalated it to a claim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130720_124114.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	71623 Click image for larger version

Name:	20130720_124158.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	71624

A week after I escalated the claim, I get a shipping notification again from stamps.com for my order. I DID NOT CLOSE THE CLAIM!! Fortunately, I figured he sent the shipping notification hoping I would close the claim, but I did not. I know, once you close a claim.. thats it. You cannot reopen it..EVER! I decided to keep it open until I got the items in hand. Well… I never received the items, and it’s been two weeks. It doesn’t take that long for a priority package to get from Austin to Houston. The tracking on stamps.com still shows only the electronic info has been received, and paypal found in my favor for the claim and I got my money back. If I ever get the items form him.. I will pay... If he calls me.

I would stay away from that “business” in Austin. They have nice stuff and it sucks that Joe is shady, and can’t fulfill his orders. It also sucks it costs an arm and a leg to get the stuff from Italy.
Frostbite01 is offline   Reply With Quote