MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 02:25 AM   #1
j3oomerang

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to j3oomerang
where to ride?

Ive been trying to do some research on places to ride in houston. i came across a couple spots like, forest run, chapel hill, racer road, crabb river.

where exactly is racer road and chapel hill?

forest run? is that 149 going through montgomery? where exactly is the run?

im in sugar land so ive been to crabb river a few times, is crab river the best rd out there? are there better rds off of crab? or some where close?

thanks alot, im just tired of riding straight up and down on 59 and 610 to work everyday.
j3oomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southeast meet to ride to 2/22/2014 noob ride in the cpuntry zx6r-25580 Events, Meets and Rides 17 02-23-2014 02:16 AM
Too Broke to Ride MSRH w/ Ride Smart this weekend? I'll cover half. cyon Taking it to the Track 57 07-12-2013 09:00 PM
CENTERAL meet ride to: Nooooooooob!!!!!!!! SW Sunday Ride. 7/22 little6 Events, Meets and Rides 11 07-21-2012 07:46 PM
BENEFIT Ride - April 16th (Lindsay Foundation - ride for the bear) KSims1868 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-11-2011 08:10 AM
RIDE RIDE RIDE. Southeast Side. bane_shecker Stunters Lounge 5 12-03-2010 07:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2005, 10:26 AM   #2

Member Garage

Re: where to ride?

There are some guys on this board that go over to that Racer Rd. but I personally don't. I'm sure someone will post soon about it.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:48 PM   #3
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

are you cop :dontknow:

when we post a ride just show up and we'll take you out there. we dont another ASI incident at racer road, AGAIN

btw, racer road is past katy. im sure well have something set up for sunday right::
Old 05-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #4
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
are you cop :dontknow:

when we post a ride just show up and we'll take you out there. we dont another ASI incident at racer road, AGAIN

btw, racer road is past katy. im sure well have something set up for sunday right::
I was ready to give out the information but Arturo is right.....sorry... Are you a Cop or in any other way related to any Law Enforcement Agency...???? Go tonight to Poser's Point and you can be debriefed.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
MeetJoeAsian

I once saw a cat....who ran and found a bat....and chased each other in a hat....and now I'm bored at work

http://facebook.com/meetjoeasian
MeetJoeAsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 05:35 PM   #6

Member Garage

WTF??
Old 05-07-2005, 07:08 PM   #7
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

never give out personal information thru the internet...lol where we ride is personal until you come and show us a license to chill and not a license to kill...?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:01 AM   #8
j3oomerang

no, im not a cop. arturo, i actually pmed you on kawiforums about where to buy a new 05' and i did end up buying it at kawasaki pasadena. well im new to riding and im sure i wouldnt be able to keep up with you guys. but if i got to meet yall up for the top secret information then i guess thats what ill have to do. ofcourse if yall dont mind a newbie.

anymore info would be appreciated, but thanks anyways, late
Old 05-08-2005, 11:11 AM   #9
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

well if your on www.kawiforums.com then you must be cool* right:
Old 05-10-2005, 07:33 AM   #10
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3oomerang
Ive been trying to do some research on places to ride in houston. i came across a couple spots like, forest run, chapel hill, racer road, crabb river.

where exactly is racer road and chapel hill?

forest run? is that 149 going through montgomery? where exactly is the run?

im in sugar land so ive been to crabb river a few times, is crab river the best rd out there? are there better rds off of crab? or some where close?

thanks alot, im just tired of riding straight up and down on 59 and 610 to work everyday.
RIDE AT THE TRACK
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #11

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1

RIDE AT THE TRACK
Do you only ride at the track also?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:42 AM   #12
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by st3ph3n
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1

RIDE AT THE TRACK
Do you only ride at the track also?
yeah mostly nowa days..

but i still ride on the street from time to time.. when i can.. just not very many good close safe places to go
Old 05-10-2005, 11:04 AM   #13
j3oomerang

cmon guys dont hate, if anyone wants to secretly give me info my email is j3oomerang@aol.com. id love to ride at the track but like i said im new and id like to ride on some nice rides to get better. i have tons to learn before id even feel comfortable going to the track. i dont want to push my limits on the street or anything.

any info is appreciated it, thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #14
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
cmon guys dont hate, if anyone wants to secretly give me info my email is j3oomerang@aol.com. id love to ride at the track but like i said im new and id like to ride on some nice rides to get better. i have tons to learn before id even feel comfortable going to the track. i dont want to push my limits on the street or anything.

but if you get to the track FIRST, then you'll be less likely to hammer it on the streets and risk losing something you want to keep,, nobodys hatin, you'll learn alot at the track with the class thats available. take the MSF and take a trackday school, and then you'll feel good about your ridin ability..
Old 05-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #15

Member Garage

Quote:

What do you ride?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #16
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:

lets go out to crabb and racer this week. when is a good day?

racer road is really tricky if you havent been out there so i would say lets do crabb and then finish the day at racer. im sure well have other "pro" riders out there for you to meet
Old 05-10-2005, 01:53 PM   #17
j3oomerang

i ride a ninja 250 of course. actually i couldnt help but get a 600, im riding an 05' 636. i can go pretty much any day after about 7pm. on sundays im open all day.

ive logged about 1700mi on my bike, and before that id take out my uncles honda shadow (583cc i think) on the weekends every once in ahwile. thats basically all my experience. im scheduled to take the MSF course weekend of the 20th.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #18
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

we always ride on sundays and after 7pm too. i ride with j14 alot and he has a 05 636, too.

we ride within our abilities so no worries about the pace.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #19

Member Garage

Quote:
i ride a ninja 250 of course. actually i couldnt help but get a 600, im riding an 05' 636. i can go pretty much any day after about 7pm. on sundays im open all day.

ive logged about 1700mi on my bike, and before that id take out my uncles honda shadow (583cc i think) on the weekends every once in ahwile. thats basically all my experience. im scheduled to take the MSF course weekend of the 20th.

So do you ride the 250 or 600?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:21 PM   #20
j3oomerang

i ride the 636 pearl magma red, went to crabb river tonight and found a pretty sweet road. smithies river or something, takes you to george ranch. sun was going down on the way into town and i got attacked by mesquitos and i almost ran over a rattle snake and young alligator. scared the out of me. from there i went up to sams boat saw a beat up silver cbr with a 12 oclock bar another red honda and a blue r6. i think i got that right. do any of those bikes belong to you guys. i just got motohouston.com to work at home, due to some DNS problems with road runner, the instructions on the page worked perfectly.

Advertisement