MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Soldaten

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

Watch out on 362-1488 area. Ghost Cop!

Saw a Harley on 362 this morning. He had been pulled over by a cop in a Burgundy SUV. Not sure if it's his personal vehicle, but that didn't stop him from pulling this guy over.

You can't tell it's a cop until your right on top of it. Looked like a Waller County Cop. It has the hidden lights and all, but you don't see them until they turn on.

Just one more thing to look out for!
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NW-362/149/1488 area Vegas Kid Events, Meets and Rides 8 12-29-2011 03:35 PM
FGE Ride:1488,362,390,3090,224 Saturday 3.20.10 CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 19 03-19-2010 11:25 PM
caution riders at night, 362/290 area GAU-8 Off Topic 5 12-22-2009 10:45 AM
362 north of 1488--gravel! Monkeylawyer General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-10-2007 07:31 AM
ghost rider wana be , watch it tell the end when he crashes that thing ash General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-06-2007 01:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
AYEELE
Yeah i can get it up

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 1000rr
silver 04 r6(stunt)
Black 03 600rr(sold)
White and pink 06 r6

I wouldnt pull over for a unmarked car.. Just saying for my safety. Lol
Old 08-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

I don't want my girl pulling over for these unmarked cars ! I told her to keep driving until you hit a store or populated area hopefully with camera's ! And then hand them your chl
Old 08-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

A police vehicle is required to be marked with identifiable police markings in order for there to be any charge of evading. The ghost cars Houston uses are about the bare minimum, where the markings are in reflective tape that is visible from the side.

As an LEO, I would advise anyone who has a question about who is pulling them over, if the vehicle isn't identifiable as a police vehicle, e.g. has woowoo lights and stuff and not a traditional vehicle, don't pull over in a secluded area. Take them off to a habited convenience store or something like that. Legitimate LEO's understand this precaution and approve of it.

FWIW, I have been pulled over by a volunteer fireman. Oddly, I knew the guy, not a friend, just someone I'd seen on fire scenes. I was an LEO at the time, and when I was finished with him, he needed a new set of drawers AND he was no longer part of the VFD. I didn't charge him... He was kinda stupid, and I figure he was just playing po-po without any intent beyond a thrill.

7ef578b4e668724485ba633629c5f960
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

It's only evading if you see them in your mirrors .. Lol
Old 08-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #6
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Is there any thing that says you cant drive to a safer spot than pulling over on side of road. I think it should be encouraged by cops for safety, makes more sense than pull over laws. I wonder how far you could go before they try to say your evading? I d prefer to pull in some where even for marked cars for safety reasons.

Semi related in Detroit there were reports of fake cops pulling over people and robbing them, we'll turned out to be false reporting... they were real cops.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=44556
Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #7
maR1k
Yamaha

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 Stratoliner (Harley Killer)
2009 R1 (sold)
2011 Yz450f (sold)
2007 Yz450f (sold)
2006 Kx250f (sold)

Member Garage

a friend of mine pulled over for a black tahoe near baybrook mall with cop light in windshield. He rolled down his window ready for to give license etc, and it wasnt a cop and the dude knocked him out and took his wallet. it highly unlikely it will ever happen to me but just one reason not to pull over for un marked cars.
maR1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
skelator
Just US Racing

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GT Performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCLF Brain View Post
A police vehicle is required to be marked with identifiable police markings in order for there to be any charge of evading. The ghost cars Houston uses are about the bare minimum, where the markings are in reflective tape that is visible from the side.

As an LEO, I would advise anyone who has a question about who is pulling them over, if the vehicle isn't identifiable as a police vehicle, e.g. has woowoo lights and stuff and not a traditional vehicle, don't pull over in a secluded area. Take them off to a habited convenience store or something like that. Legitimate LEO's understand this precaution and approve of it.

FWIW, I have been pulled over by a volunteer fireman. Oddly, I knew the guy, not a friend, just someone I'd seen on fire scenes. I was an LEO at the time, and when I was finished with him, he needed a new set of drawers AND he was no longer part of the VFD. I didn't charge him... He was kinda stupid, and I figure he was just playing po-po without any intent beyond a thrill.
Good info here, Thx for sharing. You can not see the side of a police car in your rear view mirror ! No light bar and ghost lettering... I hope those cops understand the representative they are being and our understanding to that.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

I've seen LEOs recommend to call 911 and they will confirm the unmarked vehicle for you. Same deal if they come knocking on your house door. You can call 911 and talk to the officer before ever opening the door.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
Blanco
BORC O.G.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 ZX10R & 09 ZX-14
'09 R1 (homeboy shopping network donation)
'07 ZX14 (sold)
'01 FZ1 (sold)
ZRX1100 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
It's only evading if you see them in your mirrors .. Lol
ahh yeah.
Dont believe that .
Old 08-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #11
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
I've seen LEOs recommend to call 911 and they will confirm the unmarked vehicle for you. Same deal if they come knocking on your house door. You can call 911 and talk to the officer before ever opening the door.
on a bike? call? not all of us have that luxury sir.
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #12
K. Oliveira
Cypress' OG Fo Sho!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 R6 Raven Edition

Member Garage

Even the fact the car Is burgundy means u shouldn't pull over. The state just spent a lot of money getting all police agencies navy blue uniforms and all cars are either solid black or black and white. If a burgundy vehicle tried to pull me over I'd try to ride until I saw another officer since you can't call. I bet it was a firefighter or someone playing wanna be

Advertisement