MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Super Motards
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #21
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 622

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Doooo iiiittt!
Workin on it man. Waiting on UniFiddys guy to hit me up on his WR.
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chickenstrips on a Tard pinball Super Motards 19 03-24-2014 05:22 PM
Got me a tard GrayJ Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 28 07-09-2011 06:36 AM
To 'Tard or Not... NitroHonda Taking it to the Track 34 05-23-2011 09:54 PM
New Tard? GABRIEL Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 37 11-13-2009 09:59 PM
OK.... who is this tard Gimpin2Fold Off Topic 23 10-15-2006 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #22
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I think that bike should be more in the 1500 price range. A set of tard wheels, tires, etc on the cheap will run you 1,000. If you ahve 2500 in it, that's about what it's worth.

My XR400 conversion was all in right around $850, but I lucked out with some used wheels with a rotor and caliper relocator.

That said, the WR is a great platform. If you can get it all in for 2500 with a full conversion, I think you are doing well.

Good luck.
I agree with this price range. Only thing is it's hard to find people selling these WR's for what they are actually worth. The seller almost always list their sale price as higher. Probably because they know someone will buy it at that price, too. I paid more for my WR than I would have liked to, but it was the best deal and price on a WR in Houston and around Houston at the time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,316

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Buy this one

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/3875422482.html
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #24
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 622

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post

Thats nice, but its a little outside of the budget. Still waiting to hear from UniFiddy's guy on his street WR...
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #25
IndyRC
Mutant
 
IndyRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Colorado
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 3,416

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None









Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
I think that bike should be more in the 1500 price range. A set of tard wheels, tires, etc on the cheap will run you 1,000. If you ahve 2500 in it, that's about what it's worth.

My XR400 conversion was all in right around $850, but I lucked out with some used wheels with a rotor and caliper relocator.

That said, the WR is a great platform. If you can get it all in for 2500 with a full conversion, I think you are doing well.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
I agree with this price range. Only thing is it's hard to find people selling these WR's for what they are actually worth. The seller almost always list their sale price as higher. Probably because they know someone will buy it at that price, too. I paid more for my WR than I would have liked to, but it was the best deal and price on a WR in Houston and around Houston at the time.
I agree with this pricing as well. $2K seems high. If I sell my street tard WR426, my plan is to ask $2500 and I don't think I'll take much, if any, less. It has plenty of mods and extras. It's a blast but I don't ride it as much as I thought I would. My rides and commute to work are farther than I want to ride it.
__________________
There is no charge for awesomeness!
IndyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #26
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 622

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
I agree with this pricing as well. $2K seems high. If I sell my street tard WR426, my plan is to ask $2500 and I don't think I'll take much, if any, less. It has plenty of mods and extras. It's a blast but I don't ride it as much as I thought I would. My rides and commute to work are farther than I want to ride it.
PM me some details if you are interested in selling!
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #27
UniFiddy
You member
 
UniFiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,114

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2005 CRF 450x Motard
2006 CRF 250r Dirt
Monster CRF50/88 4 speed (Street Legal) Texas' Fastest fiddy!
Brodyman XR50 (Street Legal)



Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave392 View Post
Workin on it man. Waiting on UniFiddys guy to hit me up on his WR.
He said he called you yesterday. No answer.

You could PM him here...
screenname is Griff
UniFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #28
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





Overall, $2,500 for a solid running street legal tard is a good price, IMO.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 622

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Quote:
Originally Posted by UniFiddy View Post
He said he called you yesterday. No answer.

You could PM him here...
screenname is Griff
Chit! I'm on the phone most of the day at work. Must have missed it somehow. Ill send him a PM. Thanks!
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #30
scoutguy
pack leeder
 
scoutguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: west houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,391

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Rocket III
95 Triumph Thunderbird
96 Triumph Daytona 1200-now Tojo92's toy
95 Triumph Speed Triple
KTM 990 ADV






Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Too red for me, just don't know about them rims-ask another member here how he knows
scoutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:04 PM   #31
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,316

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/3999319330.html
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #32
Pre-K
Senior Member
 
Pre-K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 3,413

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized








Some wheels that will probably fit...

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=187991
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #33
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,634

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






Quote:
Originally Posted by UniFiddy View Post
He said he called you yesterday. No answer.

You could PM him here...
screenname is Griff
Tell me he isnt selling the wr from the dude in Florida! I want that bike.
__________________
Danny
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
UniFiddy
You member
 
UniFiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,114

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2005 CRF 450x Motard
2006 CRF 250r Dirt
Monster CRF50/88 4 speed (Street Legal) Texas' Fastest fiddy!
Brodyman XR50 (Street Legal)



Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Tell me he isnt selling the wr from the dude in Florida! I want that bike.
Here is your chance to get it for a GOOD price!

Of course you will ride it less than he did. lol once!
UniFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #35
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 622

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Im still interested. I PM'd him with my email asking for pics and details, nothing yet..
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
TomballD
Senior Member
 
TomballD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,634

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80






Quote:
Originally Posted by UniFiddy View Post
Here is your chance to get it for a GOOD price!

Of course you will ride it less than he did. lol once!
Hey I actually ride 3-4 times a week, just stay close to the house and hit up my trails and parking lots. I wanted that bike bad, its set up pretty well.
__________________
Danny
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #37
kdog22
Wheelie it son..
 
kdog22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: spring
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,535

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage





, every bolt and part on that bike was gone through. Well setup bike for sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
fkn kdogg just started staring at me like i'm bout to jump off this bike and murder some dave c. i was thinkin ok lets see what i did to this man to make him hate me and how fast can i run
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #38
UniFiddy
You member
 
UniFiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,114

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2005 CRF 450x Motard
2006 CRF 250r Dirt
Monster CRF50/88 4 speed (Street Legal) Texas' Fastest fiddy!
Brodyman XR50 (Street Legal)



Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave392 View Post
Im still interested. I PM'd him with my email asking for pics and details, nothing yet..
I'll talk to him tonight and find out the hold up!

But you have to come out and ride with us if I get you hooked up! I hate seeing such an awesome bike collect dust!
UniFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #39
SuperDave392
If ur not 1st, ur last..
 
SuperDave392's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 622

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
450X Grom WR450









Quote:
Originally Posted by UniFiddy View Post
I'll talk to him tonight and find out the hold up!

But you have to come out and ride with us if I get you hooked up! I hate seeing such an awesome bike collect dust!
No doubt.. Sign me up!!
SuperDave392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!
 
Bounce305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,310

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr






if i wasnt in the middle of trying to buy a house i would be allll over this.
__________________
Girls think they are smart and clever because they fake an to save a relationship... we guys got them beat we fake a whole relationship just to have an .
Bounce305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy