MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
mike79

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 r1

Ride to the house suck clutch went out couldn't go past 55 mph
mike79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SOUTHEAST RIDE 5-18 all welcome noob, 2up, and cruisers j_e_hurst Events, Meets and Rides 76 05-21-2013 07:59 AM
Sunday--11/25/12 {Moderate-2UP ride} jimrad Events, Meets and Rides 176 11-28-2012 09:52 AM
Wanted!!! NOOBS and Cruisers RIDE July 4th OldSchool Events, Meets and Rides 0 07-03-2012 11:41 AM
good sunday morning 2up ride? triumphant675r Events, Meets and Rides 18 09-16-2010 02:06 PM
8/23/09 Sunday 2up F'ville ride zimmer Events, Meets and Rides 38 08-25-2009 06:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #62
shfireman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
1994 Honda VFR750f sold
2002 yzf600r sold
02 r1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pachuco View Post
i was there but didn't recognize you without your scooter. was that you on the street fighter that burned of when the rain started?
Tmax was not with us this morning.
shfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #63
cyon

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 ZX6R
2008 TTR125

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike79 View Post
Ride to the house suck clutch went out couldn't go past 55 mph
That sucks. On the way home I'm cruising along and hear some crunching around the chain area and some piece of metal comes flying out and starts bouncing down the road in front of me.
CMRA Racer #736
www.RideSmart.info
cyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
mike79

Bike(s):
2009 r1

Guess it wasn't a good day for the bikes
Old 08-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #65
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

And dmazuera's bike wouldn't start after we stopped at a gas station. The odds weren't in our favor today.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #66
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Stayed out too late last night. It was raining anyway.
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #67
El Pachuco

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZRX 1200R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shfireman View Post
Tmax was not with us this morning.
thank !! i thought i was getting senile.
El Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #68
ATCNastyNate

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha R6 Raven
2013 Aprilia Tuono

lol. A bad day indeed for our bikes.
I want to thank everyone who helped me today after I "newbed?" it up today. Josh, thank you SO much for giving Marshall a call and making sure I was taken care of. I would have had no idea what to do, who to call, or how to go about getting me and my injured bike home. Marshall, you are the MAN! I cannot express how thankful and appreciative I am to you for driving out there, WITH your 3 kiddos, and getting me home. I really think you guys are awesome for doing what you did. Everyone else that was there... OFF! haha JK!! You all helped me a lot. People I had never met before were making sure I was physically OK, and got my bike propped up, pieces rounded up, and bike checked over. Everyone, thank you so much. I owe each and every one of you for today.
Man, there were a few things I did wrong thinking back on it. First of all, I was trying to play catch up to the front few guys that were a decent way ahead of me and had already taken the turn, giving me no reference to how fast they had taken it. Secondly, as I was turning I glanced over at the car with the dog sticking out, which obviously can't be good for trying to turn. When I looked up I was headed straight off the road, and instead of pushing the handle bar and leaning hard, I freaked out and became point fixated, and sure enough, I went right were I was looking. Too many things I did wrong to really name. It was my fault and my fault alone. Josh and Vernon were very clear on not riding outside of your limit. Also, it didn't help that these were literally the first big curves I've ever done. HA! Gah I feel retarded.
Anyways, got the bike home, confronted the wife, took a verbal lashing, had wife take me to hospital, some x-rays, only a bad sprain, crutches and an air brace, BOOM!
As soon as I got home, I hobbled into the garage and started taking her apart. So funny, most of my side fairings were being held on by a single bolt, and would fall off as soon as the bolt was taken out. After looking at it, I definitely need ALMOST all new plastics. I may be able to get away with painting the lower front and middle fairings, MAYBE! Some of the tabs were broken off. Also, there are some weird plastic pieces that hold things together in the front that I need. One of them is on the left front and looks like it is holding a circuit board or something. I couldn't get the bolt out of my broken clip on, or whatever its called. The bolt on the end of my throttle that holds the bar end. Once, I got it all stripped down, I tried to start it but it was throwing me some error codes so I researched and plugged a few things in, and EUREKA!, it started right up to my delight. Sounds just like it did. Thankfully I wont have to mess with the engine stuff. So plastics, fix or replace tank, headlights, new lever and clip-on, new peg, right mirror, new sub frame, few other random parts, remove the billion pieces of grass that now inhabit every nook and cranny of the bike, gain more skillz, and I should be back in action.
Thanks again to everyone today. I feel bad for shortening the ride. Most everyone did get a wicked farmers tan though, so your'e all welcome for that. See you all soon hopefully!

Last edited by ATCNastyNate; 08-11-2013 at 06:38 PM.
ATCNastyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #69
mike79

Bike(s):
2009 r1

Good to hear your still with us after your thrashing from the wifey if you have any ? Or need help on getting her back together pm me I'll help you out as much ad I can of get you to the right person
Old 08-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #70
mx6er

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

Noob ride was not so noob after all?
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #71
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6er View Post
Noob ride was not so noob after all?
It was still VERY noob. He was trying to close a gap.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #72
El Pachuco

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZRX 1200R

Nate, i'm glad to hear you weren't in too deep of doo doo with the wife and that you are getting right back in the game. it sounds like you learned a load from your off roading experience.
there is a ton of knowledge and experience here on this bike forum. take full advantage of it and don't be afraid to ask (stupid?) questions. with a little time and several $$$, you'll be back up and riding.

here's your first tip; the screw that holds the bar-end on, probably has red loctite on it. that means you'll have to heat it to get it off.
good luck with your parts search. if you post up here, looking for the parts you need, you may get lucky and save some serious $$$.
El Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #73
ATCNastyNate

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha R6 Raven
2013 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pachuco View Post
Nate, i'm glad to hear you weren't in too deep of doo doo with the wife and that you are getting right back in the game. it sounds like you learned a load from your off roading experience.
there is a ton of knowledge and experience here on this bike forum. take full advantage of it and don't be afraid to ask (stupid?) questions. with a little time and several $$$, you'll be back up and riding.

here's your first tip; the screw that holds the bar-end on, probably has red loctite on it. that means you'll have to heat it to get it off.
good luck with your parts search. if you post up here, looking for the parts you need, you may get lucky and save some serious $$$.

Thanks man, and I appreciate the help. If anyone runs across 08-13 R6 parts lemme know!!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #74
TigerGenetics

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Honda CBR600RR

Nate, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up fast and get your bike back up and running soon. Let me know if you need anything.
TigerGenetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:06 PM   #75
ATCNastyNate

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha R6 Raven
2013 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerGenetics View Post
Nate, sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal up fast and get your bike back up and running soon. Let me know if you need anything.
I need parts, lots of em...lol
Old 08-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #76
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCNastyNate View Post
I need parts, lots of em...lol
You don't need that much, unless you want it back to showroom condition.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #77
ATCNastyNate

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha R6 Raven
2013 Aprilia Tuono

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
You don't need that much, unless you want it back to showroom condition.
What did you think I needed? I'm just not as knowledgeable when it comes to bike parts and how to fix them enough to use em.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #78
Jonbones
MSRH Groundskeeper

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 L1 (stolen)
Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sold)

to use, and be rideable, you need a right foot peg, right clip on/handle bar, and a headlight...go street fighter style
Old 08-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #79
j_e_hurst
Josh

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Right clip on, front brake lever, right foot peg, right mirror, fairing stay, left headlight(that may be reusable, I didn't get a close look), nose plastics. That's it. The rest are cosmetics. Zip ties are your friend for broken tabs. The rest you can do over time.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #80
ATCNastyNate

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha R6 Raven
2013 Aprilia Tuono

You wouldn't replace the subframe? When I took off the fairings, I found that the crack goes all the way down the side of it. Probably a 4 inch crack and twist.

Advertisement