MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #21
derekvercher

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1998 honda cbr 600 f3
2003 honda cr250r
yamaha pw50

You know after this thread I will only waive at fat people on mopads.
derekvercher is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Harley Riders Only (those that can read) blueenforcer General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-26-2010 11:49 PM
darn Harley riders!!! exlaverda General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 01-12-2008 02:59 AM
harley riders crack me up sometimes. Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 130 08-18-2007 05:17 AM
Harley riders train460 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-06-2007 06:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZxGreenMachine View Post
I hate to be off topic and all, but you win the funniest avatar in my book. lol hilarious sir, hilarious
Thank you my good sir. I was having fun at six flags lol
Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #23
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

ive ridden shtty bikes an awesome bikes over 500 miles + a day with no issues. If your in shape it sok.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #24
Copperhead

Feedback Rating: (1)

I don't wave at anyone even if I'm waved to first. I may never even notice you and secondly I just don't see the point. I'm not the most social guy ever so that's probably why.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
WABFZ1
Old Age Crazy

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha FZ1
2006 Yamaha FZ1 (sold)
2009 Yamaha FZ1 (deformed)
1982 Kawasaki KZ750

Perhaps I ride too fast or too hard, but I focus on what is happening directly ahead of me; plus vehicles entering the roadway from the side; those to my sides; oncoming vehicles that might turn in front of me; and anyone behind me. I am also keenly tuned in to my speed relative to the curves I am riding, etc. I find that constantly watching the oncoming lane for motorcycles to wave at - would be distracting and take attention away from riding to my fullest for safety and performance.

I suppose that most Harley riders are going so slow that boredom sets in, and the waving is entertainiing to them.

I thoroughly enjoy talking to people about the sport of motorcycling when stopped. And I find it very satisfying to be able to help others.

And finally, there is a tremendous amount of Harley "brainwashing" that goes on with that crowd. Some do not fully subscribe to it, but many do. I think there must be a handbook of key phrases that must be memorized. They honestly think that if you are not riding a Harley, that you are a nobody and a looser, and a menace to even be on the road. This explains the odd looks that occur.
1982 Kawasaki KZ750
WABFZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #26
obed
TMGP Pimp

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

I forget exactly how many bikes I own at the moment (11?), two of my bikes are harleys, I don't notice any substantial attitude change in myself when I ride them.
I do notice a difference in the reaction of non-riders when I stop on the road, I get many more comments and looks when I am on the harleys than when i am on any of the others.
I don't much care what others think or say though, when I am riding, I am riding the bike I want to be on for the type of riding I am doing... as long as I am having fun, others can think what they want.
The wave thing has changed over the years, 50 years ago, every rider on the road waved at any rider they saw, there were just not that many of us out there...now, waves are sort of hit and miss...
also back then if a rider was broke down on the side of the road, any other rider would stop to help if they were riding or in a cage, it made no difference, but now...
with so many bikes on the road, riders have become a microcosim of society and the group identification is just not as strong... not the same sense of community.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #27
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

Experience: 7 years

Funny how butthurt people get over not being waived at. Do you also get butthurt when someone blows the horn at you?

― Steve Sailer
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #28
xxjarrodxx

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600(RIP)
2009 Ninja 250(Sold)

Old and young, sport and cruisers all wave back at me. The only people who don't wave back are guys in there 20's or 30's that are on choppers or fully customized cruisers that are too cool to wave. I will wave anyways because maybe I can break their habit.
xxjarrodxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #29
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'17 CBR1000S1 Red
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

I don't wave at Harley riders when I'm on my HD
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #30
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

there is no need not to wave.. the motorcycle community as a whole is already small enough without us having to break it up into groups... " i only wave at sport bikes. or cruisers, or scoots" why not wave at anyone and everyone that is on 2 wheels.. by stander might see it and like the fact that we are all friendly and want to try it out.. lol
Old 08-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #31
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
I forget exactly how many bikes I own at the moment (11?), two of my bikes are harleys, I don't notice any substantial attitude change in myself when I ride them.
I do notice a difference in the reaction of non-riders when I stop on the road, I get many more comments and looks when I am on the harleys than when i am on any of the others.
I don't much care what others think or say though, when I am riding, I am riding the bike I want to be on for the type of riding I am doing... as long as I am having fun, others can think what they want.
The wave thing has changed over the years, 50 years ago, every rider on the road waved at any rider they saw, there were just not that many of us out there...now, waves are sort of hit and miss...
also back then if a rider was broke down on the side of the road, any other rider would stop to help if they were riding or in a cage, it made no difference, but now...
with so many bikes on the road, riders have become a microcosim of society and the group identification is just not as strong... not the same sense of community.
Agreed
Old 08-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #32
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
89 GB500
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
2015 Xbox One
2017 Blackstone 28" Griddle

I usually just throw up the helmet nod, this way other riders know I'm a serious rider, but I still like to party....
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #33
01 r1 jason
I GOTTA PEG LEG LOL

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2003 harley street glide
fzr600 (endurance bike)
06 gsxr 1000 (race bike)
07 X6 pocket bike
05 YAMAHA R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABFZ1 View Post
Perhaps I ride too fast or too hard, but I focus on what is happening directly ahead of me; plus vehicles entering the roadway from the side; those to my sides; oncoming vehicles that might turn in front of me; and anyone behind me. I am also keenly tuned in to my speed relative to the curves I am riding, etc. I find that constantly watching the oncoming lane for motorcycles to wave at - would be distracting and take attention away from riding to my fullest for safety and performance.
^^This I agree with, I have already lost one leg from a mc accident(do to a lady texting), but I don't wanna lose another because I was worried about wavIng at oncoming motorcycles. Just don't wanna risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABFZ1 View Post
I suppose that most Harley riders are going so slow that boredom sets in, and the waving is entertainiing to them.

And finally, there is a tremendous amount of Harley "brainwashing" that goes on with that crowd. Some do not fully subscribe to it, but many do. I think there must be a handbook of key phrases that must be memorized. They honestly think that if you are not riding a Harley, that you are a nobody and a looser, and a menace to even be on the road. This explains the odd looks that occur.
^^This I don't agree with, I ride a harley and I have no problem with sport bikes. Most of the Harley riders I hanging with also rode sport bikes at one time. And they don't get boring cause we have radios in them
Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #34
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

ive owned two harleys...FAT