MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

BRAWP Racing: Taking the Texas World by Storm

This weekend BRAWP Racing ventured out into the wide wide world of College Station with a little CMRA racing on their mind. The team arrived around 5:00 P.M. on Friday due to work and technical difficulties and got to work getting ready for the following day. BRAWP repaired the front controls on the Ninja 250 48 bike from the crash at MRSC and BRAWP BRAWP worked to get the number 69 Ninja 250 safety wired for the race. Peter Shaddock ( Mr. P) , Kraze Kris, John Rangel ( Gabriel) , and Myself woke up early Saturday to turn in registration, get teched, and get the team ready for Mini Sprints. Kris, David Hicks and John Redford participated in Mini Sprints with Kris taking 2nd in E-SuperStock chalking up a podium for the BRAWP Crew. Then time came for the Mini Endurance featuring both the BRAWP 48 bike piloted by Mr. P, Armando Mejia( Switch) and Kraze Kris, And the BRAWP BRAWP 69 bike piloted by John Rangel (Gabriel), John Redford ( JRed), David Hicks( Magnus) and myself. The race got off to a good start but then the BRAWP bike started to have fuel delivery issues. Mr. P had to come in several times and even park behind the wall to troubleshoot the problem only to find out all too late there was an inline fuel filter that was plugged. This dropped the #48 bike low in the standings and they struggled to regain ground throughout the rest of the race. The #69 bike ran flawlessly throughout the beginning of the race with Rangel piloting it to 9th place before switching with David Hicks after an hour. The #69 ran out of fuel before the end of David Hicks stint right at the pit and he coasted in. We got lucky, fueled up and Hicks was away again turning laps holding our 9th place standing. Then Redford was up for his stint and was turning good times as we fought for 9th place, however towards the end of his stint the #69 bike had an issue. The bike was down on power and beginning to experience throttle lag while leaned over. I took the bike out in an effort to keep the teams places alive. After about 15 minutes of struggling to ride the bike I decided to come in and let Rangel give it a try. Rangel rode the remainder of the race down on power running times several seconds slower than his original pace on a cooked rear to finish the BRAWP BRAWP Crew in 13th place behind HalfFast. Meanwhile after a rocky start the BRAWP #48 bike was able to climb up from last place to 21st in the remaining time of the race helping to guide the BRAWP BRAWP guys. In the spirit of the team they helped push the BRAWP BRAWP riders by providing someone to chase, someone to follow, someone to learn from.

Special Thanks to all of our Sponsors: P1 Racing, South Central Race Center, Westside Mosquito, Coastal Mosquito Control, High Performance Crew, GP Motoring.

Also Special Thanks to the friends of BRAWP: HalfFast and Leather & Lace. It is a pleasure to race with and against you guys. Thank you all for the support and motivation you provide. Also congratulations to both you guys for your accomplishments at TWS (Texas World Speedway) rising above 2 crashes a piece to get 11th and 12th.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote