MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

HalfFast TWS (Texas World Speedway) round 6!

So I decided to go help my HalfFast bros this weekend at TWS (Texas World Speedway). As someone has told me before doing work haha! So I get there Friday night to get to know the game plan down and have a few beers with Ryan's brother (also named Chris). Saturday morning comes around and we get some news from Ivan(newrider) that he will not be making it to race his stint. So Joey, Ryan and Mark will have to run longer stints. Fortunately the weather was on our side with heavy overcast all day. So the first sprint race comes up and Joey and Mark are pumped and ready to go. They get set up and Joeys bike shuts off and he couldn't do the race. You can see it in his face that he is , I get the bike from him before he gets the urge to kick it over. Mark finishes his race and he gets 8th place and our Brawp brother Krazy Kris gets 2nd. While Joey is racing his mini Honda Ryan and I are trying to get his 250 running. He gets back pumped because he was first in his class and had a good time battling Mr.337 as usual (joeys best was 1.44 and Kyles best was 1.45) oh snap! We all thought his 250 was done with, Ryan and I say it just take it out and it starts right up! So he gets 14th out of 28 and Mark gets 6th (fast Asian).

So the time has come for the 4 hour endurance race and Joeys bike is back and running strong again. We get her prepped for Mark to do the first stint. Mark takes off and he comes around the first lap and is already in fourth place. Then he comes back and he is in 3rd place, he is battling it out keeping his pace. But then he comes to turn 12 trying to regain 3rd place again and goes down. Ryan and I notice he hasn't come around so I tell Ryan to suit up just in case he has to go out on the B bike. Mark comes in fine but the frame broke on then rear set. So we move and get the numbers and transponder switched and get Mark out there to play catch up. He is running a consistent 1:26 during his stint, but then we realize that we did not fill up the B bike (yes I know noobs). So he only runs a 40 min stint due to the low gas. He pits in and Team Chris pit crew fill up the bike and get Ryan on the bike.Ryan is hitting a steady 1:31 and around lap 8 he goes down on the turn 10 bump going to wide. He gets back up and on the bike and still runs a 1:55. So he keeps going and I hear on the radio that the laps he has done after his spill are not counting. So Joey runs out and tries to get him to come in. After 7 laps he comes in an re-techs the bike and takes off. This crazy white boy goes a full hour and thirty seven minutes of riding. On his last lap he ran out of gas and luckily he was at the pit entrance. He catches us by surprise so I run and get Joey out of the trailer. We get it fueled (thanks to the misfits for sharing some gas!)and Joey takes off! Joey is hitting a consistent 1:33 (he is not used to riding another persons bikes). After about 30 minutes he is signaling that he is coming. Mark moves and gets his gear on before Joey comes in. Joey was exhausted from running around taking care of the team all day. So Mark hits it strong again hitting his consistent 1:26. He gets it done and comes in exhausted. Even after the two crashes and losing 7 laps we come in 12th out of 24!! We are still HalfFast baby!!!

Want to give big thanks to the man up above for watching over everyone at the races this weekend. Also thanks to Track Junkie Racing, GnS racing Transport, HalfFast group, Brawp racing, K Pop, Ridesmart, P1 Racing, South Austin Motorcycles and Bridgestone Tires.

[video=youtube;bwG7hzg-D4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwG7hzg-D4U[/video]