Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #41
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

2004 SV650S

Don't count the Tech field as a gold rush. I've been in this field for 10 years. I started making and had to work my way up to making decent money. My career could have advanced faster by spending some of my spare time studying and getting some certifications, but I made the choice that I wanted more spare time.

However even if you fast track it, there are a metric ton of other people in the IT industry looking for jobs, so to start, you will make for money while getting treated like for the first few years. Eventually after you have put in your time, and learned a bit of the stuff they can't teach in books, you can shoot for some opportunities to work at a good place.
DeadMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcycle careers ? AYEELE General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 05-13-2010 10:27 AM
JOBS C.Hern5972 Off Topic 27 05-01-2010 09:59 AM
BCS jobs less_than_coop Off Topic 24 04-27-2010 02:18 PM
boy jobs and girl jobs bioGuru Off Topic 18 04-20-2009 10:03 PM
Old 07-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #42
speed is lovely

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

06 650r sold :(
02 daytona 955i is fat sold
06' Triumph Daytona 675 sold D:
2003 sv650 distroyer of fingers sold
2004 gsxr 600

I think i may go back to the idea of being a ordinary seaman (deck hand) on board a ship hopfully a tug then work my way up to officer .Work months staight but also get months off
Drei zylinder ist nummer ein!!!
650ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #43

Experience: 10+ years

Member Garage

Originally Posted by 650ninja View Post
I think i may go back to the idea of being a ordinary seaman (deck hand) on board a ship hopfully a tug then work my way up to officer .Work months staight but also get months off
Great, that sounds like a promising career better than the motorcycle world. .
I for one rather make money and ride the bike. Pay someone else to fix it
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

I speak for a bunch of us when I say I've asked myself the same question. My .02 is to look into something related, but sideline - for example, aftermarket companies.

Personally I'm pretty fond of the cosmetic end of things. Back when I was busting my for 90+ hrs/week I got real close to having enough extra to invest in all-things carbon fiber. I woulda bought a big- roll of cloth, resin, hardener, plaster, mold-release gel etc and practiced making some solo cowls or even fairings. Probably would have thrown the first half dozen in the garbage too. Still, get good with something like that and you can make some dough under the table.

I dunno, maybe just a pipe dream, and even in the best case scenario it would be just a hobby with minimal profit/returns - and would cost a grand or two before any money could be made, not to mention a long time.

I also like lights... no, I LOVE lights. I've noticed that if you shop online for light items all you get is one picture, and a crapshoot as to which made-in-china POS is more likely to actually work. This is headlights, taillights, turn signals, accent lighting, "driving" lamps (foglights) etc.

I haven't a clue as to what it would take to build a website that does top-notch reviews for all these things, nor how many millions of bucks it would take to build/buy a distribution warehouse complete with a "testing" area, professional installation mechanics, and whatnot. So, again, pipe dream - but a darn good one.

Anyway, would you be willing to take a mediocre job with a company in a related field? I'd love to get my hands on a job where I could learn the type of fabrication techniques related to carbon fiber or fiberglass, or any kind of lighting (esp. LED) so I could learn about the amps, volts, ohms, installation and all that (yes, that would be the huge-normous field of electrical engineering, I realize that).
The meaning of life is that life is meant to be lived
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #45

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Originally Posted by 650ninja View Post
Geez thanks for being a . Not long. I know u will find this funny cuz ur a but i just wrecked it cuz of a wonderful pick truck driver. It not to bad luckly.
Don't be an English teacher, its seems, it is not your forte.
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote