MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01ls1ws6 View Post
Yup. Didn't yield the right of way. It's a law bro, look it up. He knew that he caused the accident that's why he hauled .
Learn to Ride 'Bro'.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
questions about repair holycost General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-09-2015 11:55 AM
Credit Repair....Questions PYROBUG51 Off Topic 7 01-12-2013 01:07 PM
OTR Friday Night May 15 (AKA Cigar Night) JustNick Events, Meets and Rides 34 05-16-2009 01:23 PM
Friday Night...Movie Night! 11-21-08 jenniesweet Events, Meets and Rides 174 11-22-2008 03:54 PM
04 r6 repair questions OMEGA How To's and Q & A's 26 01-26-2008 02:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #22
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

You stated yourself, you were 'going to fast'... these reduces your chance to 'react' to the driver and reduces their chance to see/react to you. It's already difficuly for most to assess approach speed of any vehicle, a bike is more difficult to spot/assess...and most are going to presume the approaching vehicles are proceeding at the posted speed.

A vehicle is doing to 'lose' speed faster, with functioning brakes and tires than plastic and metal scraping along asphalt/concrete... same for your backside. That neither you nor the bike impacted the vehicle implies sufficient clearance presuming both did not slide past/behind the 'car'... which then gives the the possibility that the 'car' in question, could have safely entered/crossed w/o issue if you had been observing the actual posted speed.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #23
01ls1ws6

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Black and gold baby!
YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
You stated yourself, you were 'going to fast'... these reduces your chance to 'react' to the driver and reduces their chance to see/react to you. It's already difficuly for most to assess approach speed of any vehicle, a bike is more difficult to spot/assess...and most are going to presume the approaching vehicles are proceeding at the posted speed.

A vehicle is doing to 'lose' speed faster, with functioning brakes and tires than plastic and metal scraping along asphalt/concrete... same for your backside. That neither you nor the bike impacted the vehicle implies sufficient clearance presuming both did not slide past/behind the 'car'... which then gives the the possibility that the 'car' in question, could have safely entered/crossed w/o issue if you had been observing the actual posted speed.
I didn't post the details of the crash because of trolls like you. But since you're an internet troll who probably spends more time on the internet then actually riding, I'll humor you. I referred to "going to fast" to be able to stop. That doesn't mean I was breaking the speed limit. That's how you interpreted it. When he pulled out he saw me at the last minute and pulled into the oncoming lane of traffic. obviously by that time I'm in a panic stop and sliding. If he wouldn't have pulled in the next lane I would have hit him. I'm also lucky their wasn't anyone in the other lane that allowed him to get over. So Since you like to defend driver's who cause wreaks and flea from the scene, hopefully this happens to you. Since I can't ride. You're an idiot "bro"
01ls1ws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #24
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

I wonder why people always assume the worst in people.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #25
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I didn't post the details of the crash because of trolls like you. But since you're an internet troll who probably spends more time on the internet then actually riding, I'll humor you. I referred to "going to fast" to be able to stop. That doesn't mean I was breaking the speed limit. That's how you interpreted it. When he pulled out he saw me at the last minute and pulled into the oncoming lane of traffic. obviously by that time I'm in a panic stop and sliding. If he wouldn't have pulled in the next lane I would have hit him. I'm also lucky their wasn't anyone in the other lane that allowed him to get over. So Since you like to defend driver's who cause wreaks and flea from the scene, hopefully this happens to you. Since I can't ride. You're an idiot "bro"
More/accurate info is going to get you less 'flames' than the content of the first...

The proper statement would be 'to fast to stop in time' or more accurately 'did not have time to stop' and hence you panic'd, locked up your brake and wiped.

You keep making assumptions of the others actions, why shouldn't the same be allowed toward yours then, particularly considering your apparent riding ability (btw it's WRECK/WRECKS, and FLEES).
Old 07-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #26
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
More/accurate info is going to get you less 'flames' than the content of the first...

The proper statement would be 'to fast to stop in time' or more accurately 'did not have time to stop' and hence you panic'd, locked up your brake and wiped.

You keep making assumptions of the others actions, why shouldn't the same be allowed toward yours then, particularly considering your apparent riding ability (btw it's WRECK/WRECKS, and FLEES).
That's because I was looking for info/advice on repairing my bike. Not sympathy or someone to analyze what went wrong. Notice how everyone except you has been helpful in the thread?? So you posting ignorant comments because you don't have all the info is my fault?? trollololo. Oh and thanks for the corrections grammar ..
Old 07-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
That's because I was looking for info/advice on repairing my bike. Not sympathy or someone to analyze what went wrong. Notice how everyone except you has been helpful in the thread?? So you posting ignorant comments because you don't have all the info is my fault?? trollololo. Oh and thanks for the corrections grammar ..
No problems dipshit, if you left out the idiot/ cager , I'd probably ignored it... but seeing the number of scrubs and squids (like yourself) that have problems seeing how their own actions/failures play into these incidents I'll partake in my ability to post/reply, scrub.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #28
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
YZ250

I'm a squid? but yet I had full gear on and didn't cause the crash? Nor did I ask for your advice on what I did wrong. off old man. I'll crush your dipshit. I'm from spring myself, hopefully I'll see you around. That is if you get off the internet anytime..
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
I'm a squid? but yet I had full gear on and didn't cause the crash? Nor did I ask for your advice on what I did wrong. off old man. I'll crush your dipshit. I'm from spring myself, hopefully I'll see you around. That is if you get off the internet anytime..
I was shooting for Scrub rather than Squid, but you can pick which shoe fits best... as for the rest I log a minimum of 60 miles a day, 5 days a week.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #30
650ninja
speed is lovely

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 650r sold :(
02 daytona 955i is fat sold
06' Triumph Daytona 675 sold D:
2003 sv650 distroyer of fingers sold
2004 gsxr 600

How badly where u hurt?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #31
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650ninja View Post
How badly where u hurt?
I don't have a mark on me. Thanks for asking. I had my leather bilt jacket, gloves, boots. Just really sore
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #32
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Well it happened, some idiot pulled out in front of me friday night. Needless to say I was going to fast and locked up the back brake, the rest is history. It was late and no one was around so the didn't even stop. I'm fine, so chalk one up to wearing gear. I just feel like I went a couple rounds with Mike Tyson or something.

As for the bike, the frame slider did it's job amazingly. However I took my rear pegs off for a cleaner look. Well the tail section on one side is pretty jacked. So my question is where do you guys get new plastics from? I'm going to stop by K's after work. Also stupid question, but do they come painted? I assume they don't, so does anyone know a good shop to paint them? Also do bikes have a paint code like cars/trucks etc?? I can't seem to find it.
http://www.colorrite.com/

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
xxjarrodxx

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2009 Kawasaki ZX6R
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600(RIP)
2009 Ninja 250(Sold)

Quote:
I don't have a mark on me. Thanks for asking. I had my leather bilt jacket, gloves, boots. Just really sore
Glad your alright man, hope you get the bike fixed soon. Stay safe
xxjarrodxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #34
650ninja
speed is lovely

Bike(s):
06 650r sold :(
02 daytona 955i is fat sold
06' Triumph Daytona 675 sold D:
2003 sv650 distroyer of fingers sold
2004 gsxr 600

ah ha another voucher for bilt gear. lots of ppl say its crapy gear just cuz its cheap but that's just not true I would know I had all bilt gear on when the jackass in his pick up tried to murder me
Old 07-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #35
01ls1ws6

Bike(s):
YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650ninja View Post
ah ha another voucher for bilt gear. lots of ppl say its crapy gear just cuz its cheap but that's just not true I would know I had all bilt gear on when the jackass in his pick up tried to murder me
Yea all my gear including both jackets are bilt. Maybe cheap, but definitely decent quality.

Advertisement