MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #21
perkybewbs

Feedback Rating: (0)

Originally that's what I thought, but there isn't any coolant anywhere. It's abrasion caused by something rotating. Pay close attention make sure volume is up.
perkybewbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job woes Jaemeriiaa Off Topic 24 01-09-2012 03:11 PM
Car Trouble Woes kalanie Off Topic 40 03-22-2010 07:31 PM
reformat woes... GAU-8 Off Topic 19 01-07-2010 09:59 PM
Generator woes blends Off Topic 9 09-22-2008 09:54 AM
room mate woes blends Off Topic 97 04-22-2008 10:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #22
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Sounds to me like its blown up and you should sell it to me for a dollar........
What do you "want" to hear so we can tell you.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #23
perkybewbs

I really don't need that. If you have something to contribute then let's hear it. If not keep it to yourself. I am not going to touch this motorcycle because I don't want any possibility of the blame shifting in my direction. I'm just trying to get some feedback from someone who might know what's up with this because I've never heard that in my life on any bike.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #24
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Lighten up a little. What he said is very commonly said and it bumps your thread for you. Keeps it up top.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Who did the work? What was done to it? Sounds like your worried about contact on the cam or in the head that shouldnt be happening.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Who did the work? What was done to it? Sounds like your worried about contact on the cam or in the head that shouldnt be happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by perkybewbs View Post
. I recently had the valves checked on it. I have not ridden the bike since it has been in the shop.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xFIHdKvSZP8&feature=plcp
Do the cams get pulled on the RMZ for a valve check? Anyone know?
lisiecki1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
TheMagicMan
SBN Mechanic

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'97-DR650 '01-RC51 '03-XR250R '83-XR80R '93-XR80R '03-XR50

Checking and adjusting are two different things. To check them no. To adjust them yes.

He needs to quit being stubborn and pull off the valve cover so he can see if the cam is rubbing on something like he thinks it is. We are going around in circles with this dude and its getting old.

Pulling off the valve cover is exactly that. A cover. It doesn't effect anything, but he could get an idea of what going on.

This is as bad as someone coming to me and saying, "Hey man, my bike won't start. What do you think it could be?"
Could be a million things. Won't know until you start looking at it.
He's expecting this miracle answer and he's not getting it.
Can't help people that won't help themselves.

Could be several things coming loose under that cover if that is where the noise is coming from. All of which can cause more and more damage if he keeps kicking it over to listen to it.

Last edited by TheMagicMan; 07-29-2013 at 01:20 PM.
TheMagicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #28
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Could be a loose dingaling
TomballD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #29
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

Since it was just worked on, I'd assume its an issue directly related to that, but...

I bought a brand-new 2012 RMZ250 and heard horrible grinding noises after ~4hours... turns out, during assembly of the trans, a snap ring was improperly placed, thus allowing gears to move side to side, never making full contact with each other. Gears eventually ground themselves to death.

Even after Stubb's sent pics to Suzuki proving it was clearly a mfg. defect, Suzuki would not help AT ALL with repairs, parts, nothing. Their position was the mx bikes have no warranty; my position was I thought I bought a quality product and didn't need a warranty!

My point is... check the trans (and don't buy anymore Suzuki products, and make them go bankrupt!)

Last edited by Pre-K; 07-29-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #30
perkybewbs

Thumbs up

Well thanks for bumping. I'm going to say it again ***I am not pulling the valve cover because if I mess with something he could say that it was something that I did*** is it that difficult to understand? Other than that I would've done it long ago. I'm taking it in tomorrow because almost no mc shops are open Wednesday. Yes I am concerned that something is rubbing that should not be rubbing. Did you hear what I'm talking about in the video? I know all about suzukis shadyness and will definitely not buy another one, that's for sure. He looked at my clutch and said that the clutch was installed incorrectly from the factory and seemed to think that I or someone else messed with it. I believe it is the cam making that noise. Does the clutch rotate as well during decompression cycle? I'm sorry to hear about your transmission. That was a factory defect and should have been covered by them as it would not be your fault if Stubbs determined that. I've ridden this thing for 20 hours and had run just fine up until this point. As a matter of fact the motor runs smoothly as you can see but after it shuts down you can hear something winding down. That's never happened before and if it did I am absolutely 1,000% positive that I would have noticed it. I did not ride it at all when I got it back. What I did was go and start it before I loaded it up to go to the track. Obviously this happened so I did not go. I'm pretty upset about it. Riding is detrimental to my well being for various reasons. If I can't ride I don't know what I would do. Besides that, I payed 7,000 dollars for a motorcycle that's screwed after 20ish hours. Thank you guys for talking this out with me.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #31
perkybewbs

Thumbs up

Well thanks for bumping. I'm going to say it again ***I am not pulling the valve cover because if I mess with something he could say that it was something that I did*** is it that difficult to understand? Other than that I would've done it long ago. I'm taking it in tomorrow because almost no mc shops are open Wednesday. Yes I am concerned that something is rubbing that should not be rubbing. Did you hear what I'm talking about in the video? I know all about suzukis shadyness and will definitely not buy another one, that's for sure. He looked at my clutch and said that the clutch was installed incorrectly from the factory and seemed to think that I or someone else messed with it. I believe it is the cam making that noise. Does the clutch rotate as well during decompression cycle? I'm sorry to hear about your transmission. That was a factory defect and should have been covered by them as it would not be your fault if Stubbs determined that. I've ridden this thing for 20 hours and had run just fine up until this point. As a matter of fact the motor runs smoothly as you can see but after it shuts down you can hear something winding down. That's never happened before and if it did I am absolutely 1,000% positive that I would have noticed it. I did not ride it at all when I got it back. What I did was go and start it before I loaded it up to go to the track. Obviously this happened so I did not go. I'm pretty upset about it. Riding is detrimental to my well being for various reasons. If I can't ride I don't know what I would do. Besides that, I payed 7,000 dollars for a motorcycle that's screwed after 20ish hours. Thank you guys for talking this out with me. I trust the shop I took it to, so if anything happened it was accidental.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #32
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Finally........lol just messing with you man. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #33
perkybewbs

Thank you sir. I want to keep the shop name private. I would assume it's directly related. Everyone makes mistakes, I hope it wasnt one that might have done serious damage to my motor. Thanks guys. Yall are cool people. I will keep you updated.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #34
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

No need to keep it quiet, shops make mistakes. Its what they do after they make one that shows their character.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #35
perkybewbs

There is a reed valve in the motor that relieves pressure from the crank case. Apparently it's normal although I've never heard it before. It's all good I guess I'm just gonna ride the thing and see what happens. Nothing moves in the motor after it is shut down. Decompression occurs at idle. Thanks.

Advertisement