Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
itsmebanky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Huffy

MotovationUSA

Disclaimer: When shopping, I advocate looking at MH sponsors first but every situation is unique and sometimes local options are not possible (like in my case). I wanted to share my experience with a place I've never done business with before.

On July 18, I ordered some parts for the first time from MotovationUSA. There are a million parts dealers online and a couple of factors led me to Motovation:

1) I planned on using PayPal so local stores would not work
2) Their website, product page, and commerce system had part numbers, fitment guides and all of it combined inspired confidence and ease of use.
3) Their engagement with their fans on Facebook helped keep their brand in mind and showed a more personable side.

hsg1OkY

So as I was shopping around, I happened to have a couple questions and decided to message them on Facebook instead of email. To my surprise, someone replied within a few minutes and answered all my questions. We were going back and forth all morning/day and this open line of communication was the deciding factor in them getting my business. The guy identified himself as Nate and he was real helpful and quick to reply to my concerns (super important to me). I asked them to confirm fitment, he said it all checked out and shipped same day.

The next day, July 19, I receive my products (Texas to Texas group shipping is typically next day). I ghetto rigged all my stuff in my bag and head over to HSBK to get it all on. Everything worked out well except my brake levers didnt fit. It was clear that it wasnt meant for my bike. According to Rizoma, it should've fit, so the fault is not with me when I picked it, or Nate when he confirmed it, but the fault is Rizoma for showing that part number for my bike. I let Nate know whats going on and by this time I already know what I'm going to exchange for so he sends me an RMA number and asks me how much I paid for shipping so he can reiumburse me. I exchanged for Pazzo levers. Nate advises he didnt have any instock so he orders from Pazzo and has them ship to me directly (no middle man). Please keep in mind all of this communication is via Facebook messaging with really no downtime. Did I mention I received my refund for the price difference plus my shipping cost same day? Cuz I did.

iYyYDaU

I think the best quote from Nate is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate with MotovationUSA via Facebook
"No worries man, we are riders too, not just some stiffs counting money. We know what it means to want something for your bike and then have issues."
In the end with all my stuff installed, what I appreciate the most is the open, real time communication and smoothness of my order, shipping, then return and exchange. It just never usually goes that smooth for me, especially when theres a return/exchange plus a refund. I usualy have to hunt down someone's email or wait a couple days for a reply and then another week for the refund. Their whole operation took literally a day.

ENPF8bZ

I would not hesitate to use MotovationUSA again in the future and highly recommend them.

tldr; MotovationUSA is awesome. Communication is key, message them on Facebook. A++++++++++
itsmebanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmebanky View Post
Disclaimer: When shopping, I advocate looking at MH sponsors first but every situation is unique and sometimes local options are not possible (like in my case). I wanted to share my experience with a place I've never done business with before.

On July 18, I ordered some parts for the first time from MotovationUSA. There are a million parts dealers online and a couple of factors led me to Motovation:

1) I planned on using PayPal so local stores would not work
2) Their website, product page, and commerce system had part numbers, fitment guides and all of it combined inspired confidence and ease of use.
3) Their engagement with their fans on Facebook helped keep their brand in mind and showed a more personable side.

hsg1OkY

So as I was shopping around, I happened to have a couple questions and decided to message them on Facebook instead of email. To my surprise, someone replied within a few minutes and answered all my questions. We were going back and forth all morning/day and this open line of communication was the deciding factor in them getting my business. The guy identified himself as Nate and he was real helpful and quick to reply to my concerns (super important to me). I asked them to confirm fitment, he said it all checked out and shipped same day.

The next day, July 19, I receive my products (Texas to Texas group shipping is typically next day). I ghetto rigged all my stuff in my bag and head over to HSBK to get it all on. Everything worked out well except my brake levers didnt fit. It was clear that it wasnt meant for my bike. According to Rizoma, it should've fit, so the fault is not with me when I picked it, or Nate when he confirmed it, but the fault is Rizoma for showing that part number for my bike. I let Nate know whats going on and by this time I already know what I'm going to exchange for so he sends me an RMA number and asks me how much I paid for shipping so he can reiumburse me. I exchanged for Pazzo levers. Nate advises he didnt have any instock so he orders from Pazzo and has them ship to me directly (no middle man). Please keep in mind all of this communication is via Facebook messaging with really no downtime. Did I mention I received my refund for the price difference plus my shipping cost same day? Cuz I did.

iYyYDaU

I think the best quote from Nate is

In the end with all my stuff installed, what I appreciate the most is the open, real time communication and smoothness of my order, shipping, then return and exchange. It just never usually goes that smooth for me, especially when theres a return/exchange plus a refund. I usualy have to hunt down someone's email or wait a couple days for a reply and then another week for the refund. Their whole operation took literally a day.

ENPF8bZ

I would not hesitate to use MotovationUSA again in the future and highly recommend them.

tldr; MotovationUSA is awesome. Communication is key, message them on Facebook. A++++++++++

Yeah I use them all the time.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Looking good Banky, i like your tasteful mods!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
greaselightnin

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 gsxr 600(stolen)
honda xr 100 (sold)
07 cbr 1000

Member Garage

What's their website? I typed in motovation.com and it went to a mx school

...nvm I was typing it wrong

Last edited by greaselightnin; 07-25-2013 at 04:49 PM.
greaselightnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
Razo848
Squid Pro Quo

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
12' Ducati 848 evo
13' Yamaha R6
98' Kawasaki ZX-7R (sold)
93' Honda CBR 600F2 (sold)
93' Kawasaki ZX-7 (RIP)

bike looks nice Banky! and good choice on the mods...
Razo848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Good to know...

I just ordered Bar Ends from them today..

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #7
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Whatever you are using for a camera is giving your pics a heavy bluish tint. Or are you dinking with the white balance on purpose to give it an "aged" photograph look?
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #8
itsmebanky

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Whatever you are using for a camera is giving your pics a heavy bluish tint. Or are you dinking with the white balance on purpose to give it an "aged" photograph look?
Instagram =p

Thanks for the compliments guys!
itsmebanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
Distracted Guy
Booya!!!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Benelli TnT Sport Evo

Send a message via Yahoo to Distracted Guy
Thumbs up ...

I can also attest to there customer service. I have purchased many things from them in the past and had nothing but positive results.

"I go to Church's & Popeye's Chicken for my tires. I love them chicken strips"
Distracted Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
brandontx

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

You should also try AF1 Racing in new braunfels. They have every part and accessory known to man for your bike and its usually in stock.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement