MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Concealed Handgun Licenses?
I don't have a CHL and don't feel the need for one. 13 24.07%
I don't have a CHL, but feel the need for one. 14 25.93%
I have a CHL, but have never had to draw my pistol. 21 38.89%
I have a CHL, and have had to draw my pistol. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #21
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

a question

hey tim now that u carry one i have some questions..

lets say if is summer where u or any other person would carry it?]

is suposed not to be visible?

i mean summer and no jacket. need to be hidden?

i dont carry a weapon ( yet) thats why i have this question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAKE THE POLL Badzx14r The Circus 10 09-15-2010 11:27 AM
another poll... blends Off Topic 10 04-11-2009 11:47 AM
poll Duck84 How To's and Q & A's 4 01-10-2008 07:08 PM
take this poll please... upononer6 Off Topic 19 03-05-2007 11:06 AM
I have a poll B.S. Motorsports Off Topic 44 04-08-2006 10:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #22
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester

Pistol must be concealed at all times. That's the deal.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #23
((Vibe))

Bike(s):
1 them thar ninjabikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester

Yeah needs to be concealed unless it's private property and you have permission to have in on your waist (in plain sight)

But yeah, like cashtown said, generally it needs to be concealed. During the summer months you can get away with concealing something as long as you've got the right set up and a gun that is small/slim.
"That by which a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved." 2 Peter 2:19
((Vibe)) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #24
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

We took our classes up in OK, but never had the chance to finish the paperwork before we moved down here. It's definitely on our list of "things to do" and I already have a really nice conceal-carry purse
Old 03-27-2007, 07:20 AM   #25
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
my responses in bold above, and btw, good thread
very well put indeed. Got mine the day I turned 21, been carrying ever since. The class teaches you alot more than you would expect, high emphasis on being aware of your surroundings at all times
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #26
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi
makes more drama then they save!!!
that's the way i feel kinda too. i guess i'll let the poll speak for itself. i'd be interested in hearing the stories from the people who did have to draw down and how it worked out.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #27
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Scootertrash is on point with his posts!!

I have my CHL and I carry everyday. I have never pulled it out nor do I ever want the need to do so, but If I ever do have to pull it out, I will to protect myself and family. I got my CHL because of my job and having different people in my car all day.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #28
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A303
very well put indeed. Got mine the day I turned 21, been carrying ever since. The class teaches you alot more than you would expect, high emphasis on being aware of your surroundings at all times

+1

sig600x150
Old 03-27-2007, 10:43 AM   #29
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
because the world is full of gangsta rap juvenile mtv video thug wannabes, and they hold zero value for the sanctity of human life. Hopefully the day never comes when someone wants to make you a victim, but sadly, it does happen and all to often now a days, and our societies mindset and morals value grow darker daily.'

nothing macho about teaching thugs your not gonna take the fear today, self preservation should be high on your list of things to do and care about, refuse to be a victim in todays world, protect yourself.
i know there are dangerous people out there, and i guess if you have to deal with them often then it's a good idea to have a gun for protection, but to me it seems like running around with a fireax or a defribbilator because there are fires and heart attacks out there, but i guess that would be more socially conscious than the primary concern of self preservation that comes with carrying a gun.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #30
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

I quarantee you, there will come a time that you wish you had it. Taking the course makes you aware of when and where you can use CH. The course will help prevent a mistake and will educate you on the what you thought you could get away with. Brings a lot of situations into perspective.
I say get it.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #31
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
i know there are dangerous people out there, and i guess if you have to deal with them often then it's a good idea to have a gun for protection, but to me it seems like running around with a fireax or a defribbilator because there are fires and heart attacks out there, but i guess that would be more socially conscious than the primary concern of self preservation that comes with carrying a gun.

You NEVER know when/where someone is going to try to jack you. Look at all those people that were getting robbed and kidnapped walking into their own houses in Sugarland.

sig600x150
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #32
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeR6
You NEVER know when/where someone is going to try to jack you. Look at all those people that were getting robbed and kidnapped walking into their own houses in Sugarland.
you never know when a fire will break out..
or when someone will have a heart attack..
both are probably just as common, and surely as deadly as being robbed.:dontknow:
Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 AM   #33
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

ive had mine for over 5 years.....i never had to use it or pull it on anyone,yet
i practice shoot regularly and feel if i needed to use it im ready to defend myself and my family....i carry it most of the time but not always....depends where im going....im active nra member an own several firearms.....if a situation arises and you dont have it...your dead.......................
Old 03-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #34
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
my thoughts on the CHL are....

for women, it's a good idea I think....allows them to level the playing field when they are out alone

for men, it's just a macho thing....there is no situation that a gun is really going to help with out in public, just turn and run or give them what they want then turn and run.

(having a gun at home is a whole different thing)

Belive me, I have first hand experience with the gun and macho thing...

I've had a gun pulled on me twice for no good reason by two CHL holders. Both times were over road rage type deals where they got cause I honked my horn or passed them and then they pulled a gun and showed it to me as if to say "look what I have don't mess with me". Both times I called 911 and turned them in to the police. The first time, I was instructed to follow at a safe distance until the police could catch up with the guy which they did. This guy had 3 loaded handguns in his truck. That was about 5 years ago. This guy lost his 3 handguns as well as his CHL, was given probation and will not be allowed to get his CHL again. He also had to write me and my family (my wife and son) a formal apology letter which was mailed to us by the DA.

The most recent time was a few months ago and it was a guy who lives in my neighborhood. I was unable to keep up with him in traffic and the police drove past him not realizing it was him on their way to the "area" where it happened. They said that since they didn't catch him right then that there wasn't much they could do but take a report.

Last edited by issanni; 03-27-2007 at 11:04 AM.
issanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #35
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

oh yea....last part.....no pitbulls...but i do have 3 nut punching children

and yea bling on all my rides
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #36
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
my thoughts on the CHL are....

for women, it's a good idea I think....allows them to level the playing field when they are out alone

for men, it's just a macho thing....there is no situation that a gun is really going to help with, just turn and run or give them what they want then turn and run.

Belive me, I have first hand experience with the gun and macho thing...

I've had a gun pulled on me twice for no good reason by two CHL holders. Both times were over road rage type deals where they got cause I honked my horn or passed them and then they pulled a gun and showed it to me as if to say "look what I have don't mess with me". Both times I called 911 and turned them in to the police. The first time, I was instructed to follow at a safe distance until the police could catch up with the guy which they did. This guy had 3 loaded handguns in his truck. That was about 5 years ago. This guy lost his 3 handguns as well as his CHL, was given probation and will not be allowed to get his CHL again. He also had to write me and my family (my wife and son) a formal apology letter which was mailed to us by the DA.

The most recent time was a few months ago and it was a guy who lives in my neighborhood. I was unable to keep up with him in traffic and the police drove past him not realizing it was him on their way to the "area" where it happened. They said that since they didn't catch him right then that there wasn't much they could do but take a report.
guns dont kill people...people kill people
Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #37
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
you never know when a fire will break out..
or when someone will have a heart attack..
both are probably just as common, and surely as deadly as being robbed.:dontknow:

That is true, you never know whats going to happen (breaking a leg, getting a flat tire.etc.etc. etc.) But we are talking about if you should get a CHL or not, as F'ed up as this world is now a days, I would say get it and protect yourself.

And if you want to keep a fire extingushier(SP) around you incase of a fire, then I applaud you for that too

sig600x150
Old 03-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #38
therky42

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 VTX 1300C, YZ 250

Ok i selected the worng one on the poll:BangHead:, I have never had to use/show my weapon.

In today's spciety like mentioned above the chances that you will need it are decenlty high and the odds are stacked against you even if you have one.

Problem is that most of the CHL licensee's can not use their weapon effectively anyway. The weapon must be concealed at all times and 9 times out of 10 if you need by the time you realize you need it you can not get it fast enough becasue you a scared and are not efficent at drawing your weapon. for the ones that can get it out to "use" even less of them can accuratley shoot a target. :eh:

I dont live in a world of fear but I have seen the worst in people and know that it doesnt take much to push someone over the edge causing them to do something they might regret.

My CHL is for my protection and the protection of my Family for no one else. So if you want the added security then I say get one.
therky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #39
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersidedown
guns dont kill people...people kill people
not quite sure what you're trying to say in response to my comments.....
Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #40
issanni
assfault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C
It isn't to macho.. it's all about protection.. hopefully I never have to use mine but if a time does come I'm prepared. I do admit at first I was like "I'm so cool I gotta gun in my pocket".. I wouldn't say that but I felt that way.. now I don't even think about it.. grab my gun, phone, keys and wallet.. you get to the point where you feel naked with out it.

I say get it. if you don't want to carry it don't and the times you think it might be best you can carry legally =)

I carried illegally for years.....before getting caught. UCW is a misdemeanor but it's no fun serving a year of probation. Back then I think I mostly did it because I thought it was cool and I was always telling myself "it's for my protection".....more than likely it's not going to help you in any situation where you might need it, by the time you need it some a-hole is already going to have a gun drawn on you or something and then what you're going to very sneakily reach into the back of your pants or wherever and pull yours on him.....yeah right.

Carrying is plain and simply a macho thing unless you live in a hood where you're getting mugged 3 times a week. For women, like I said before, it levels the playing field.

Maybe I'm just getting old.....LOL. I'll have guns at the house to protect my home, family, property........and if my wife wants to get her CHL, I'm okay with that......

I just think its foolish for 1/2 the people that get their CHL....its like they are just doing it because they can or because they think its trendy.

Last edited by issanni; 03-27-2007 at 11:14 AM.
issanni is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement