MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Concealed Handgun Licenses?
I don't have a CHL and don't feel the need for one. 13 24.07%
I don't have a CHL, but feel the need for one. 14 25.93%
I have a CHL, but have never had to draw my pistol. 21 38.89%
I have a CHL, and have had to draw my pistol. 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

CHL Poll

I'm coming up on my 21st birthday and was pondering getting a CHL, but then I thought 'why?'.
How many of you who have CHLs have ever used your weapon to defend yourself?
I can't imagine walking around with a gun all the time; it seems silly and over 'macho' to me.
Do you people with CHL carry your pistols often?
What inspired you to get a CHL?
How many pitbulls do you have, and how big are your rims? j/k
*edit*-If you have pulled your weapon and/or shot someone, what was the situation?

Last edited by AliceInChains02; 03-28-2007 at 07:38 PM.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAKE THE POLL Badzx14r The Circus 10 09-15-2010 11:27 AM
another poll... blends Off Topic 10 04-11-2009 11:47 AM
poll Duck84 How To's and Q & A's 4 01-10-2008 07:08 PM
take this poll please... upononer6 Off Topic 19 03-05-2007 11:06 AM
I have a poll B.S. Motorsports Off Topic 44 04-08-2006 10:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Dont have a CHL but there have been times like leaving a late movie or dinner that I woulda felt a lil easier. Dont think I would carrry all the time or even very often but nice to know you can.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I haven't mailed in my forms yet, (slacker) but will do ASAP.

A gun is just a tool.

I like tools.

They are handy.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #4
Javi
Siempre positivo..

makes more drama then they save!!!
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi
+1 carried for a long time and decided it was more trouble then it was worth.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
I'm coming up on my 21st birthday and was pondering getting a CHL, but then I thought 'why?'. because the world is full of gangsta rap juvenile mtv video thug wannabes, and they hold zero value for the sanctity of human life. Hopefully the day never comes when someone wants to make you a victim, but sadly, it does happen and all to often now a days, and our societies mindset and morals value grow darker daily.
How many of you who have CHLs have ever used your weapon to defend yourself? I have a chl, and am ready to use it to protect my family and myself if need be.
I can't imagine walking around with a gun all the time; it seems silly and over 'macho' to me. nothing macho about teaching thugs your not gonna take the fear today, self preservation should be high on your list of things to do and care about, refuse to be a victim in todays world, protect yourself.
Do you people with CHL carry your pistols often? daily, everytime you see me, just know I'm totin on my person
What inspired you to get a CHL? sure signs of societies rampant degradation right before my eyes
my responses in bold above, and btw, good thread

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
yeah, I can see where the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms would allow for more drama, especially if the drama is plugging a few holes in the chest of a would be car jacker / wife raper / murderer.....yup, I'm all for the extra drama here.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #8
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
+1 carried for a long time and decided it was more trouble then it was worth.
I hope that mindset works for you and yours when you need it to. I hope I NEVER have to use it, and I've carried so long, I feel nekkid w/o it, its no hassle, its just there

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #9
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Rifleman
Albuquerque Journal, Albuquerque, NM, 08/27/05
State: nm
American Rifleman Issue: 11/1/2005
A Wal-Mart customer with a concealed-carry permit came to a female employee's rescue when violence erupted in a crowded store early one evening. Police say an employee was working in the deli when her ex-husband leapt across the counter and began stabbing her multiple times. That's when 72-year-old Due Moore intervened, shooting and killing the ex-husband. The woman was taken to the hospital where she was expected to recover from her wounds.
Quote:
The Daily Oakland Press, Pontiac, MI, 03/20/04
State: MI
American Rifleman Issue: 6/1/2004
At 6:30 in the morning, a woman was walking from her car to her office when she noticed a car on the lot with two people inside. A man got out of the car and started toward her, his hands in his pockets. The woman realized she would not be able to reach the office door before the man reached her. Believing she was in imminent danger, the married mother of two opened her purse and drew her gun. The man reacted immediately, turning and walking back to the car, which had pulled up alongside him. The man got into the car and it sped off. Thinking quickly, the woman called police on her cell phone and provided a detailed description of the car and the couple, who were picked up within minutes of the attempted robbery. A 9mm handgun was found in the couple's car and they were charged with attempted armed robbery. Farmington Hills, Michigan, Police Chief William Dwyer, who had not been a proponent of the state's recently enacted concealed carry law, said the situation had changed his view. "She took the appropriate action," Dwyer said, "and probably saved her life."
Quote:
The Star-Telegram, Fort Worth, TX, 4/19/01
State: TX
American Rifleman Issue: 7/1/2001
A Fort Worth, Texas, resident shot a man he reported had tried to rob him outside his home. The man told police three men in a Jeep pulled up to his house about 8:30 p.m. as he stood in his driveway. One man got out of the Jeep, drew a gun and demanded money. The resident drew a gun, for which he has a concealed carry permit, and fired two shots. The alleged gunman, shot in the head and chest, was taken to the hospital in critical condition. The other men in the Jeep were taken into custody.

Quote:
The Times, St. Petersburg, Fla., 5/24/00
State: FL
American Rifleman Issue: 10/1/2000
Sandra Suter knew that a shopping trip to her local Wal-Mart store in Spring Hill, Fla., would end with a wait in the checkout line. What she didn't count on was the near life-ending drama that was about to play out in front of her. The5-ft., 3-inch grandmother, on advice from her son, had taken to carrying a .40-cal. handgun in her purse for self-protection. Now she looked on in disbelief as several employees began wrestling with a man and one worker yelled out, "Drop the knife! Drop the knife!" The man, whom authorities later reported was attempting to steal a VCR, lunged at the employees, inflicting cuts with a small blade. That's when Suter rushed into the melee and announced, "I have a concealed weapons permit" and demanded, "Either drop the knife, or I'll shoot you!" After Suter repeated the threat, the knife-wielding man finally surrendered to store security. Later, Suter said she strongly supports Americans' right to bear arms and added that target practice and gun-safety instruction had "brought our family closer together." She said of the confrontation, "I just did what I thought was right."
They go on and on.....

Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
I hope that mindset works for you and yours when you need it to. I hope I NEVER have to use it, and I've carried so long, I feel nekkid w/o it, its no hassle, its just there
A different time and a different place, I discovered that it's a lot of responsibility..........most don't realize it until after the fact.
It's a great thing to protect your family/property etc.etc.........and many many people TALK about what they will do, sitting on the sofa watching TV.
But then your in the wrong place at the wrong time..........:eh:
Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 PM   #11
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
yeah, I can see where the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms would allow for more drama, especially if the drama is plugging a few holes in the chest of a would be car jacker / wife raper / murderer.....yup, I'm all for the extra drama here.
ahhh Scooter what can i say... ur up for the extra drama? once ur known for having a gun on u, who ever comes for u is not gana give u the time to use it best to be known for not and do...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cccbb3dd4a might be u?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #12
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
ahhh Scooter what can i say... ur up for the extra drama? once ur known for having a gun on u, who ever comes for u is not gana give u the time to use it best to be known for not and do...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cccbb3dd4a might be u?
please, how many do I know that wish to rob me? If you hang around a crowd like that, might need to choose new friends.
Its called protection, its your right to do so. I sure hope crime never crosses your path or your families.
Simple facts are that the odds are against ya.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #13
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I always thought that I'd be ready to pull a pistol (or rifle, which is what I typically carry in the truck) any time to defend myself -- and luckily I've never had to do it. But the one time I did have to retrieve my pistol and brandish it (not point it at anyone) I was shaking so bad I had to make fun of myself later -- I mean I was scared.

At that moment, when I knew that shooting this person to keep them from doing harm to me might be an imminent reality, I really knew what it meant to be frightened. Killing that person was a possibility whose affect on me I'm not even able to fathom.

But then again, I've never been in the position where someone else was about to cut me down when I was unarmed. I imagine that that would be a far worse feeling.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
please, how many do I know that wish to rob me? If you hang around a crowd like that, might need to choose new friends.
Its called protection, its your right to do so. I sure hope crime never crosses your path or your families.
Simple facts are that the odds are against ya.
dude i dont live in fear.... calm down nam is over :notworthy :notworthy
Old 03-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #15
Javi
Siempre positivo..

its that fear of the unknown that fuels what ever may come...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #16
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

one time I've been faced with another weapon close enough to take me down. I got through it w/o drawing mine, but the whole time, I'm sizing him up, watching his moves and I'm ready to do my best if need be to make sure its not going to be me.
It wasnt a robbery situation, it was an anger thing towards someone else, I just happened to be right across the street from the guy and he saw me and started directing the threats towards me then.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #17
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
dude i dont live in fear.... calm down nam is over :notworthy :notworthy
no fear and no nam either, its the world we live in, some are ready, some are not, personal choices, we make em everyday

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 03-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #18
Javi
Siempre positivo..

i remmember the latino crazy kid and u did good.. im just pointing out that u have angles around at all times and we are all gana be ok gun or not but if wants u to go dirty harry than its ok... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
Old 03-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #19
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

Quote:
I'm coming up on my 21st birthday and was pondering getting a CHL, but then I thought 'why?'.
because the world is full of gangsta rap juvenile mtv video thug wannabes, and they hold zero value for the sanctity of human life. Hopefully the day never comes when someone wants to make you a victim, but sadly, it does happen and all to often now a days, and our societies mindset and morals value grow darker daily.

How many of you who have CHLs have ever used your weapon to defend yourself?
I have a chl, and am ready to use it to protect my family and myself if need be.

I can't imagine walking around with a gun all the time; it seems silly and over 'macho' to me.
nothing macho about teaching thugs your not gonna take the fear today, self preservation should be high on your list of things to do and care about, refuse to be a victim in todays world, protect yourself.

Do you people with CHL carry your pistols often?
daily, everytime you see me, just know I'm totin on my person

What inspired you to get a CHL?
sure signs of societies rampant degradation right before my eyes

very well put. thats how i'd answer it.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #20
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
no fear and no nam either, its the world we live in, some are ready, some are not, personal choices, we make em everyday
and i understand ur point of view and respect it... :icon_smil man u pimp ur powder coating is the topic of a few talks round here ....

Advertisement