Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Custom Exhaust Project

I won a Leo Vince Slip on exhaust a while back from . The slip ons are universal but the supporting pipe is bike particular. Leo Vince however never made one for the 07-08 zx6r so I opted for a exhaust for the 650r. My plan was to remove the muffler and place on the slip-on minus the support pipe and just have a custom piece made to fill the gap. The issue is that the side going into the slip on is 1.9" and the side going into the exhaust is a standard 1.75". I want only high grade mandrel bent stainless. After visiting a couple handfuls of shops it seems like no one can do it.

here are my options:
1. Push on with rear exhaust using the slip on. Still have no clue where I'll mount the license plate and brake light.

2. Chop off the cat, place the resonator from the leo vince support pipe in its place and then weld a dump tube out the bottom. (I've heard there are some FI issues with this). But the brake light/license plate will fit neatly on the tail.

Thoughts? Concerns?
Jake00Si is offline   Reply With Quote