MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Arrow Anybody know a Travel Agent? Motohouston Roadtrip??

A few of us were contemplating the idea of going to Vegas here in a couple of months. We wanted to try to get a group deal on tickets and hotels. So does anybody know a travel agent that might be able to help us out or does anyone know of any places to look for great deals on prices? Would anybody be interested in going? I only imagine staying for a few days max. Just want to do a little gambling, some drinking and a lot of partying.
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a Travel Agent Tojo92 Off Topic 25 05-12-2011 10:40 PM
Are you a travel agent? DvlRacer Off Topic 0 08-04-2010 02:47 PM
travel agent gsxr_firerider Off Topic 3 07-22-2010 09:10 PM
Travel agent? train460 Off Topic 5 04-18-2010 03:50 PM
Travel Agent!!!! BigComfy Off Topic 5 12-17-2008 02:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









din and dubwear have the hookups i heard. you can buy the plane tix cheap online too.

lets go to lake charles and pull a all nighter as a practice night, lol
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite
 
DanteLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 3rd planet from the sun
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,001

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it







Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
din and dubwear have the hookups i heard. you can buy the plane tix cheap online too.

lets go to lake charles and pull a all nighter as a practice night, lol
im down let me know when its in stone..........
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
din and dubwear have the hookups i heard. you can buy the plane tix cheap online too.

lets go to lake charles and pull a all nighter as a practice night, lol
well we were thinking of doing that too and staying a couple of days... If we dont do the Vegas trip we can do a Lake Charles trip as well. It will be cheaper and we can have a lot more to spend. Im down for this as well within the next month or so. We just need to set a date and a headcount.
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












how road a road trip to deals gap? Vegas is nice, but organizing large groups can be a hassle. Especially when its time to collect money from broke 's. not that anyone here is broke.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









Something to keep in mind...In pheonix they rent sportbikes, it is about 300 miles from vegas and northern arizona has some kick but roads. Climate gets nice as you get a bit north from pheonix.
you could flly in to pheonix, do some gonzo riding in northen az and make your way to vegas

Check out this section of road, can you say twisty?


http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...t=h&iwloc=addr
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
well we were thinking of doing that too and staying a couple of days... If we dont do the Vegas trip we can do a Lake Charles trip as well. It will be cheaper and we can have a lot more to spend. Im down for this as well within the next month or so. We just need to set a date and a headcount.
the time i went i stayed up the whole night and just drove back to houston at 7am. drank the whole night and only spent $70 for gas, tips, food, and gambling.
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
Los
Gang Member
 
Los's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Katy\NW
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 17,174

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6








Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
the time i went i stayed up the whole night and just drove back to houston at 7am. drank the whole night and only spent $70 for gas, tips, food, and gambling.
We could do that but im sure if we got enough people, we could get a few connecting rooms and throw a party after we gamble and drink. I dont want to drive plastered for a couple hours coming back to Houston.
__________________
4v82zk8
Koskesh....RIP Brotha.... 4/22/07
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 PM   #9
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict
 
buddha429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,884

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard









tony just bought tickets to vegas for memorial weekend. 180 roundtrip continental nonstop
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #10
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster
 
Sassy Chassis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: All up in there where them planes is
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,124

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821









Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya
Check out this section of road, can you say twisty?


http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...t=h&iwloc=addr
It is, but that is the part of Oak Creek Canyon that goes into switch back up the mountain...very SLOW if you get stuck behind all the snowbirds in their RVs (and you will!).

A better road is 89-A from Prescott Valley, up over Mingus Mtn. to Jerome and down into Cottonwood. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...m=1&iwloc=addr The road is much better than it seems on the map. You can zoom in to see more of it.
__________________
indecision may or may not be my problem

Last edited by Sassy Chassis; 03-26-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:20 PM   #11
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!
 
YankeeR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 290 & 1960
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,001


Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.









Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
Well as of right now I will be going to Vegas on April 11-14. My work is having a contest and as of right now my team is leading.

SO DO THE TRIP THEN....Get packin boys and girls. LOL
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/yankee68

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Chassis
It is, but that is the part of Oak Creek Canyon that goes into switch back up the mountain...very SLOW if you get stuck behind all the snowbirds in their RVs (and you will!


A better road is 89-A from Prescott Valley, up over Mingus Mtn. to Jerome and down into Cottonwood. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...m=1&iwloc=addr The road is much better than it seems on the map. You can zoom in to see more of it.

I was out there last summer, and traffic was not bad during the week. 89 all the way down to pheonix is great as are the roads around payson and pine.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #13
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster
 
Sassy Chassis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: All up in there where them planes is
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,124

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821









Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya
I was out there last summer, and traffic was not bad during the week. 89 all the way down to pheonix is great as are the roads around payson and pine.
I lived in Prescott from 94-00 and EVERY time I went through OCC it was a 25mph zone
__________________
indecision may or may not be my problem
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #14
A303
Senior Member
 
A303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Stafford, Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,197

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr









Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya
Something to keep in mind...In pheonix they rent sportbikes, it is about 300 miles from vegas and northern arizona has some kick but roads. Climate gets nice as you get a bit north from pheonix.
you could flly in to pheonix, do some gonzo riding in northen az and make your way to vegas

Check out this section of road, can you say twisty?


http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...t=h&iwloc=addr

I just got back from Vegas, there was a sportbike rental place there too.
__________________
686069c4c860b9a550e843a7a3c102b279336
R.I.P.
Roger "Koskesh"
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #15
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
We could do that but im sure if we got enough people, we could get a few connecting rooms and throw a party after we gamble and drink. I dont want to drive plastered for a couple hours coming back to Houston.
gambling and drinking is the party! :laughing6

look into isle of capri since they seem to be affordable. sign up for a members deal and you earn points as you gamble buy food and rent rooms. Laberge du Luc is pretty nice but expensive and more like a resort. im taking my girl there in may.
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy