MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I used it everyday for months.

It's not a good backpack. It needs to be a good backpack to be a good motorcycle backpack. Materials, craftsmanship...

Let me explain.

Those arm reflectors lol, just throw those away...

Even without those, go ahead and try and take the thing off and on at the gas station (with a helmet and jacket on). Good luck it's pretty much impossible (mostly because the stupid chest harness system). What do they think, I'm doing a track day with it?

That special chest harness system blows . It is huge and integral to the backpack, with no perforations. It is hot. Feels like a book is strapped to your chest. The plastic clips that hold it together, they are not symmetrical. So, if one of them is backwards and you try to fasten it you break the clip. If you try to ride with the thing unfastened it flaps like crazy in the wind. ***All the other backpack makers get this done with a very small strap and that works fine.
The stitching on mine split in two different areas. Two zippers broke. It's heavy as ****.

The laptop area only fits a 15 inch laptop (it is however good for carrying documents and keeping them flat)

Why is some of the reflective material not reflective? Cause they wanted it to look like camo. Yea guys, non reflective reflective camo. Best idea ever (NOT).

Lets mention the compression flaps on each side. If you fill the backpack up ALL THE WAY the compression straps are always too loose to compress the main compartment. This is backpack 101 and Icon does not get it.

Look at this

http://www.aerostich.com/bags/should...urier-bag.html

THis is what I use now. I can get in it when I'm riding. It's light and simple. easy on off....waterproof...and made in america.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backpack Thread Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 08-20-2014 12:57 PM
Backpack Probs Cupial General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-20-2014 09:02 PM
Who says you need a backpack or saddlebags? Longdraw The Circus 5 12-27-2012 03:50 PM
A* backpack? King Of Dirk General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 01-05-2012 02:50 PM
Backpack ? dc5-r General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-23-2009 09:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #22
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=3488160
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #23
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Ogio makes the best ones. I've had the same one for 6 years and it looks new still. I also have Ogio gear bags and suitcases. All nice stuff. Don't get the hard plastic one. On a bike may be cool but you will look like a gay ninja turtle walking around with that thing on.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
Yep that's the one. I like the video review of the chubby guy talking about how he enjoys how aerodynamic his backpack is. Oh the irony.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

I have a Ogio Mach 3. Enjoy it a lot. I've carried laptop and 2-3 books no problems. It stays in place when you're spirited riding. The helmet I've set on the back before but never ridden with it on. The backing is very soft and I've also had books and a spare change of shoes in it for work. I could probably fit a visor in it if I really wanted to even tho there's no "designated" spot. If you really want the 5 I can check tomorrow for it and shoot u a PM if we can get it.

Kriega is the other one I want to try out. Very great reviews.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 AM   #26
Brancart675

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 675
Suzuki SV1000S

Send a message via Skype™ to Brancart675
Might wanna look at the Cortech Super 2.0 backpack as well.
Brancart675 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement