MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
Look in the mirror before you talk. You're uncomfortable because of your own self not me. You never rode directly behind me. I wouldn't put myself in front of you. I keep watch over my rear views and I let people go to get in an optimal position. You were always falling back until people asked where the you were.

I know what I need to learn and the MSF didn't teach me anything to improve myself. Yet if I'm talking with seasoned riders on a ride. They tell me things which are very beneficial. We all can benefit from more instruction. I never said I had anything figured out. I learned more sitting on my watching/reading Twist of the Wrist then paying $180 for an MSF course. You're just assuming. Don't assume because you're making an "" out of "u" and "me". You were never trying to figure out. You just jumped on me (like I asked you what you think ) and started telling me my whole thought process like you're the Rider Whisperer or something.
hey calm down rowdy is a very experienced rider. he's been riding for almost 2 months man
Motorcycle Technology Classes? Navajib General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 10-17-2008 03:00 PM
CCS Classes ??? Solracer Taking it to the Track 17 04-16-2008 09:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #42
Rowdy76

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
Ive spent around $4k on gear and i just started riding this year lol but like easily half of that is the dainese track suit and alpinestars suit*

anyway nah you dont need to wear gear. he's right lol you dont even have to wear a helmet in texas
But it you dont need gear why would you spend so much $$ on .. seems like a waste
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
hey calm down rowdy is a very experienced rider. he's been riding for almost 2 months man
You can kiss my non experienced
Old 07-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #44
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
But it you dont need gear why would you spend so much $$ on .. seems like a waste
Im not required to have gear or nobody said I needed gear to ride. I can ride fine without it, I wont get pulled over or anything. I LIKE having gear on because just in a event of a crash it will help me save some money on my medical bills

Quote:
You can kiss my non experienced
the dark knight will do that after you lick his . you need to take a basic troll class or something. gah

Last edited by r6racer; 07-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
Copperhead

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
I hope he doesn't see me back on my grandma's farm riding a dirt bike. He would faint when seeing my lack of gear.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #46
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
I hope he doesn't see me back on my grandma's farm riding a dirt bike. He would faint when seeing my lack of gear.
I wouldn't give 2 ... I grew up in the country riding trails on my 3 wheeler ... Never wore gear. Like I said do your thang man ... I'm not gonna sit and play with you and your boyfriend.

And Umayr I have bigger ambitions than a troll ... Your little games do not amuse me.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #47
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollartree99 View Post
I heard from a buddy attending at Awesome Cycles yesterday that the price of the basic course is going up in a few months because attendance is increasing and they can make more money. Where will it all end?
Your buddy needs to get his facts straight. The reason the State is allowing us to raise the price is for two reasons:
1) Our last raise was almost 4 years ago and it was for a whopping $5
2) The State will no longer be supplying us training bikes, so they are allowing us to recoup the cost of the additional motorcycles we have to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post
I guess I got it really good when I started riding..

My state funded the MSF courses to encourage safe riding. Only $25 for the entire course and we rode their bikes
You do realize that the "state" that funded those MSF courses got it's money from your taxes, right?
Old 07-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #48
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
I wouldn't give 2 ... I grew up in the country riding trails on my 3 wheeler ... Never wore gear. Like I said do your thang man ... I'm not gonna sit and play with you and your boyfriend.

And Umayr I have bigger ambitions than a troll ... Your little games do not amuse me.
Ay man please calm down i didnt mean to hurt your feelings i was just kidding? please dont make a thread about how fast you are and then ask everyone how to delete your account. just kidding okay?
Old 07-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #49
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challen View Post
Your buddy needs to get his facts straight. The reason the State is allowing us to raise the price is for two reasons:
2) The State will no longer be supplying us training bikes, so they are allowing us to recoup the cost of the additional motorcycles we have to buy.

You do realize that the "state" that funded those MSF courses got it's money from your taxes, right?
thats pretty sick. i enjoyed the msf course, it was no doubt the first i was even close to a motorcycle and most def the first time i ever sat on one.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #50
TheBeeDeeGee

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600 F4i
2001 RC51 *sold :(
2002 VFR 800 *sold
2002 919 *sold
2006 599 * wrecked

Back in NC the motorcycle licensing was ridiculous.

I took a written test to get a permit, which last 18 months and the only restriction is no passengers.

Then you go back and do some stupid in a parking lot in front of a DMV employee. Weave in and out some cones, prove you can slow down to like 3mph and speed back up again without putting your feet down. Do a U-turn (which trust me they were pretty lax with I saw plenty of HD's that could not do this during the test) and stall the bike and start it back up (seriously)

I think $200 is a little steep, but hey I love not having to pay state income tax anymore, and I'm already licensed in NC, so hopefully it will just transfer to Tx (anyone know about that for sure?)
TheBeeDeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #51
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeeDeeGee View Post

I took a written test to get a permit, which last 18 months and the only restriction is no passengers.

Then you go back and do some stupid in a parking lot in front of a DMV employee. Weave in and out some cones, prove you can slow down to like 3mph and speed back up again without putting your feet down. Do a U-turn (which trust me they were pretty lax with I saw plenty of HD's that could not do this during the test) and stall the bike and start it back up (seriously)

I think $200 is a little steep, but hey I love not having to pay state income tax anymore, and I'm already licensed in NC, so hopefully it will just transfer to Tx (anyone know about that for sure?)
man transferred from va .
Old 07-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #52
Squid Killer

Bike(s):
FZ1, Ducati Monster, R6, Gold Wing, Seca 2, TTR230, EX 250 and Metropolitan

Quote:
I heard from a buddy attending at Awesome Cycles yesterday that the price of the basic course is going up in a few months because attendance is increasing and they can make more money. Where will it all end?

You heard wrong.

The state controls the cost. They don't make money off of the class. The places that offer the class have not been allowed to raise rates to cover higher costs for many years. I have not had a raise in my paycheck as an instructor for all that time either. Recently the state approved a small rate hike in part so all the class locations don't go bust.

Squid Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #53
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
If you took nothing away from the class you did not try to learn then.
Some people are born experts, duh
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #54
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently your buddy is a fart face.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #55
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Quote:
Yep, taxes I would've had to pay whether I was a rider or not

Just saying that a state subsidized course would be nice. Schools still get paid, riders get quality instruction for cheap, and taxpayers benefit from better-trained riders on the road.
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #56
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
I think I paid $180 in 2008 ... price of gas has stayed up (they supply bikes and gas), insurance has gone up, cost of living has gone up ..etc. $20 more for instruction that can save your life and get you started .... priceless. If is was $300 still worth it.
This - it's called inflation. As you age you'll become accustomed to it.

Quote:
You don't need to wear gear. Good thing we don't force whatever you want on others. Bike ownership is cheaper than my car ownership. I save a lot of money on gas alone on it.
It seems as though Mirriam Webster disagree with your illogical logic. Need; noun
a : a lack of something requisite, desirable, or useful
b : a physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism

Gear, as it is useful, desirable and required for well-being, is a NEED. Okay, thanks for playing.

Something that the most intelligent people in the world know is that they can learn something from any and every body. Something that the least intelligent people know is that there are those who simply cannot teach them anything. It's a travesty that the most confident are also the most dense.

Quote:

Well, wouldn't it better for me if all those soccer moms who hate motorcycles and riders pay for my class? Everybody wants a hand out, but nobody wants to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Apparently your buddy is a fart face.
I like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post
Yep, taxes I would've had to pay whether I was a rider or not

Just saying that a state subsidized course would be nice. Schools still get paid, riders get quality instruction for cheap, and taxpayers benefit from better-trained riders on the road.
Again - wouldn't it better for me if all those soccer moms who hate motorcycles and riders pay for my class? Everybody wants a hand out, but nobody wants to pay for it.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #57
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Are you kidding me? Didn't learn a thing in that class?

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=257770

Kill yourself quickly.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #58
r6racer
track

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha WGP R6

Member Garage

ddaaaaaaaaaaaayyuuummm. its time for some tacos
Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #59
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
ddaaaaaaaaaaaayyuuummm. its time for some tacos
I like tacos.

Do you know when I was in high school Taco Bell tacos and bean burritos were $0.39!?! Stupid inflation.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #60
Truckin_Thumper

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeeDeeGee View Post

Same here, I took the test at DMV, no MSF for me...ever.
I was trails riding, I did not put a foot down until the nice DMV lady told me to stop showing off.

"just ride around the cones while I smoke my cig, you already passed."

She did not say a word until me and the XRL did a nice stoppie....
"no wheelies! Damnit!"

MSF is what it is and who it is for.
I can learn more chasing a two wheeled PoPo around town for a day
BUT, I also started riding when I was 8 years old.
Dirt taught me how to handle the bike on up terrain at slow speeds and what to do when the SHTF at higher speeds.

I just turned 44 on Sunday, so my skills must be developed.

now I just gotta fine tune them to just beyond the edge of stupidity
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement