MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
jsprunner

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
When I look at a video like that, I try to learn what NOT to do. At the end of the day, getting your car door bashed in may not lands you in the hospital like the rider, but you day too is ruined for sure.

Just like the idiots that show up on Judge Wapner and Judge Judy, they always point fingers at each other, but invariably both parties got in the mess because they BOTH exercised bad judgment...

Regardless of which side the gavel came down on.
Just to be clear, I never said that cagers are never at fault. We just have to be better and more alert than they ever will be or have to be. Unfortunately, most of the accidents I read about on this site were avoidable at some level - including my own recent lay-down. Not all of them, but easily the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Well I am lucky to walk and not be in a wheel chair for life by the actions of another person. Yeah I collected a settlement and so forth. It was a work accident not a bike accident.

You have not met me yet but those who have and that met me on rides know I am constantly asking questions. Most of the time it is something small and I am just letting my head get in the way but I did not jump on the bike assuming I was gonna ride it like a pro.
I didn't know about your work accident and I'm glad you survived it. Even though it was caused by someone else's negligence, however, I have no idea what it has to do with this motorcycle accident (or any other one for that matter). You can threaten to punch careless cagers all you want, but it won't change the dynamic that will always exist out there. Plus, in Texas, most cagers will have no idea why you're approaching them, but there's a good bet they'll be more than prepared for you. Just sayin'.....
jsprunner is offline   Reply With Quote