MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #21
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

what level were you riding? I have video of someone that looks like your bike, leathers in advanced
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So, let's critique this video Rttoys General Discussion (Moto Related) 120 07-10-2015 05:16 PM
Critique my cornering Salty General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-18-2014 10:18 AM
Body Position Critique FKNA Taking it to the Track 33 11-09-2011 08:24 AM
Please critique my work Mr F. Off Topic 45 08-19-2011 01:58 AM
Critique this bike please NisAznMonk General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 08-27-2006 03:21 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #22
SGT USMC 0311

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
what level were you riding? I have video of someone that looks like your bike, leathers in advanced
Bosslady, I rode Level 2, your video was without a doubt not me....unless you where riding with level 2 for a session, I heard they let some folks from Level 3 on the track before they should have.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
SGT USMC 0311

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
I'll start at the 7:45 mark.

On the front straight, you should be closer to the wall at the top. This allows you to straighten up T1.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like you're hitting the transition (from oval to road course) in the middle of the road course track. That's the worse place to be, as it's the most abrupt transition from the oval to the road course. Going out wider or going in shallower is better, as it's smoother. If you pause at the 7:50 mark, you'll see the painted line to the left goes from white to yellow. I'm usually about 6' to the right from where it changes colors.

You can straighten up that turn a lot and it will allow you to carry more speed. It looks like you hit the black patch leading into T2 pretty well.

You should be the closest to the curbing in T2 where the curbing starts and get on the gas to let it drift you out. Then come back left to set up for T3.

T3 looked good, just way too far away from the curbing. You should be OVER the curbing.

Same with T4. You were closer, but probably still had a good 4' you could go. Get on the gas sooner and it should drift you all the way to the outside of the track on exit.

Way too far right for setting up T5. You should be about mid track, maybe slightly to the right.

Drift out wider to set up for T6. You should be very close to the outside of the track.

T6 is very important to get right. It's very bumpy the further out you get, and more importantly, it sets you up for the 2nd longest straight on the track. Getting this turn right is very important. If you don't go wider to set up for it, it'll screw you up. You're probably 8' from where you should be at the apex.

T7 was decent. This is one turn you do not want to be on the curbing. about 3' out is perfect. In fact, I'm so used to being further out, for some reason on one of my laps I was over the curbing and didn't lift my knee up like I normally do (because I'm never over the curbing there) and it ripped the velcro on my suit...oops.

Closer to the dirt in T8. Exit looked to be good to set up for T9.

T9 - again, get closer to the apex of the corner. There's no curbing here, just a lot of black sealer.

T10-11 is another important turn. 11 is important because of the short straight coming out of it. 10 is important because if you mess it up, it screws up 11 and has caused many people to high side.

It's very, very important to be close to the curbing in T10, at least by the half way mark, and hold it longer than you think. Then a quick left and back over to the curbing in T11. Going wide like you did in T10 causes T11 to be very sharp. Get on the gas hard and if you're lucky, the back tire just slides on you. If you're not lucky, it hooks back up and sends you over the top.

T12 - closer to the curbing.

T13 - PERFECT!

Then you pit in.

Looking at 7:15, T13 still looks good. T14 is okay as well, but you're going to have to be faster on the bike to get it tipped back over for T15. That's the most important part of the track because it gets you on to the longest straight, so having a good drive out is very important.

As you can see - you have a common problem. My best advice to you is to SLOW DOWN. It's only going to get you in trouble as you get more comfortable / faster if you don't have the proper line.

Take the round robin laps seriously. If you can't put your tires within a few inches of the curbing at half speed, you'll never be able to do it at full speed. Amp up slowly and work on hitting your marks. Increase your speed until you feel like you're missing a couple of your marks and work on those turns specifically.
-Cody
Thanks for the insight, I'll PM you.

Advertisement