Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #21
Rael
Communist Plant

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Byrdman, that invitation to H2R is still open! Get your ape out there so I'm not the only one on a completely out of place bike!
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rockers Vs Mods, nope, it's bicyclists vs Mods grsa Off Topic 1 05-11-2014 06:05 PM
SV650 Track Mods? Conrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-19-2011 09:20 PM
Help me prioritize mods for track/street bike TxBeagle Taking it to the Track 5 10-23-2010 05:10 PM
Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic and Griso SE Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-24-2009 01:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #22
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael View Post
Byrdman, that invitation to H2R is still open! Get your ape out there so I'm not the only one on a completely out of place bike!
Not sure how to take that Ill be on the XR650R-SM and Ape

Sometime in september for sure!! Thanks man!

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #23
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Take it as a compliment! If you're not on sport bike you always look like a hero when you pass one.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #24
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Well, I pushed it too hard and crashed. The damage was pretty minimal; it is looking like a new shifter, replacement light, and replacement instruments. The engine runs and there was no damage beyond light scoring on the head cover.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #25
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-ray View Post
Just be prepared to see your street bike destroyed. Not saying it will happen, but it doesn't take a high speed crash to bend forks, subframe, instrument cluster, etc (talking from experience here). Just the right bounce leaving the pavement over a curbing at 40 mph can send it flipping over. If you do have insurance that will cover track riding, it doesn't take a whole lot to total a motorcycle so you could end up paying to fix it anyway.

So in summary, I'm not saying "don't do it", but basically after you've done a couple of track days, don't ride anything on the track that you don't want to lose. Because everybody says they'll take it easy at first, even those with race numbers on their motorcycles now.

i had to take a step back(to keep mine shiny) because the more TD you do ,the faster you want to go,it's human nature......if you want to keep it shiny then get a Track bike and keep that beauty for the street....
Old 09-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

After a bit of reconstructive surgery it will be a beauty again. I'm probably going to start shopping for a track bike though. I got off light this time, and even though I'm sanguine about it, there are easier ways to enjoy the track.

Advertisement