MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2007, 11:06 AM   #1
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Traxxion Dynamics... what have you heard about them?

I asked this same question over on two-wheeled texans, so if you've responded there you don't have to repost it here.

I've also talked to both Andy at Metric Cycles and Patrick at Moto Unlimited. They both do RaceTech work. Andy is RaceTech certified so I can bet what his opinion his. Patrick is also a RaceTech fan and provided me quite an insight into the major differences between the two RaceTech's and Traxxion's technology approaches.

I just wanted to broaden my horizons on opinions about Traxxion from other riders as well. What have you heard about/from Traxxion Dynamics?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
MagnaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trac Dynamics ZX14 $2000.00 OFF! Patrick Motorcycles Unlimited 1 09-15-2011 10:21 AM
DYNAMICS OF TEAM STUNTGARBAGE VIDEO SONNY DEE Stunters Lounge 14 05-05-2011 08:54 AM
Have you heard? Pyrofallout Off Topic 41 09-21-2009 09:11 PM
'05-'06 636 Traxxion forks Gabe Taking it to the Track 1 06-12-2007 03:13 PM
Dynamics of the 'Highsider' HOUSTONSR6 Taking it to the Track 7 06-09-2007 12:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
castrolr1
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1 followed me home

the guy who started traxx worked with paul thede who started race tech.. then he broke off to start his own business.. like vfr said.. his stuff is a copy of the race tech stuff
castrolr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Max
rm -rf /

Bike(s):
Diamondback on twanks

Send a message via AIM to Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
Traxxion is OK, but spend your money on RaceTech at Andy's or Patrick.

Max at Traxxion is an OK guy, but their products are largely "copies" of the RaceTech bits.

Listen to Andy and Patrick- both of them can (and will) sell you the other major brands of suspension bits, but they prefer to stick with the RaceTech.
I've read a few write ups comparing the two, and the favor seems to always be RaceTech over Traxxion. I've ran RaceTech before with good luck.. I really prefer Ohlins though :icon_bigg
Old 03-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

i think patrick has gone to Racetech school, so he's not longer just a racetech fan but also "schooled" by them.

i'd recommend him or Andy (he did my ft end)
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #5
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

what does marcus mcbain do?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
BrutusTx

Member Garage

To tell you the truth, I can't tell much difference between my 999 (Ohlins) and my R1 (RaceTech/Ohlins) both were setup by Patrick and crew. I'm sure there is a HUGE difference in cost though.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:09 PM   #7
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

I've ridden both set-ups. I personally prefer Ohlins. Just a little added mental thing for me. Something about that Swedish bling...yummy
Look up and down any world chanpionship paddock...no RT or Traxxion, no Penske for that matter. Factory Showa, WP & Ohlins thats about it.
RaceTech gets my nod for most riders (including me) I really like the RT in the SV forks.
BTW Patrick has built all of my bikes. So that is what I have experience with.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:09 AM   #8
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
what does marcus mcbain do?
marcus does his own thing. and it works reaaly well. my sv is handling better than it ever has. my endurance bike last year was set up awesome as well. and i'll let ya know how the 06 750 is workin after world next month
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36
marcus does his own thing. and it works reaaly well.
That's an understatement. I got my RC51 forks re-worked by him and they are better than I could have hoped for. At the time it was the sport package, but he has condensed his rebuild to the "Supersport Valve Kit V2.0" and it is a fantastic value for that package.

http://www.roadracinghelp.com/Web2.0.htm
It includes:
Quote:
Racing Performance Services is proud to announce our first in-house top-tier valve kit. The Supersport Valve Kit v2.0 COMPLETELY addresses the 8 critical areas of damping for both Showa and Kayaba OEM forks to provide one of the smoothest working set of forks you will ever own. The RPS Supersport Valve Kit v2.0 includes the following:

RPS Performance Spring Kit

RPS Compression Valve Upgrade Kit

RPS Rebound Valve Upgrade Kit

RPS Full Service and Installation

All for only $399.00 !!!

RPS completes a full service on each and every Supersport Valve Kit v2.0. You will know when you receive your forks back from RPS that you have straight and properly performing forks on top of the upgraded performance of our racetrack designed spring and valving solutions.

On the first weekend of the product's launch, Ty Howard smashed the Oak Hill Raceway track record by almost a second on his Kawasaki ZX-636! This product provides the ultimate suspension upgrade solution to your OEM forks. RPS addresses 8 critical areas of damping control to provide outstanding feel and control with your OEM forks.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #10
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I've run them all, and seen the innerds of all of them, and here's my .02 cents worth:
#1 Ohlins
#2 Racetech
#3 Traxxion Dynamics (Lee is a nice/helpful guy - IMO Max is a jerk)
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #11
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

I hear a lot about Jim Cambora, what does he use?
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #12
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

I have a Traxxion fork spring compression tool. It worked fine when I installed my Racetech springs and valve kit.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
I hear a lot about Jim Cambora, what does he use?
Jimmy C uses Traxxion, racetech, Ohliins, and Penske. He'll do what ever you want. The Traxxion AK cartriges are what most of the top CMRA guys are running. Kienast and West are using a gas charged unit that most of the AMA guys are running this season. AK's will set you back about a grand, but they feel like BUTTER compared to anything else you've ever ridden. My experience.......

1.AK's
2.Traxxion
3. Race tech

I used Cammbora for my race tuning last year and in '05 and had my best seasons. I have used Patrick/Brandon at the trackdays and they do a FANTASTIC set up. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion.
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #14
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Thanks again to everyone for their feedback.

Buck, thanks for the feedback on the AK20 cartridge, that's the option I was considering... And I still might. Do you have it on one of your bikes right now?
Does anyone have it? I sure would like to ride one to see/feel the difference. Of course I'm sure that most anything is going to be better than the damping rod forks I have right now. :icon_smil
Old 04-02-2007, 11:34 AM   #15
MagnaMan
Peg Scraper

Bike(s):
99 Honda Magna

Tom,

Thanks for the feedback as well. My bike is a Magna. Yep the cruiser you see in the avatar (incidentally that pic is from LSTD). Now before anyone lectures me about putting Traxxion cartridges on a cruiser, I'll explain.

The bike has damping rod suspension and I want something better than just Progressive springs, because I've ridden that setup and was not impressed.

I was considering the RaceTech cartridge emulators, but I have been approached to do some freelance work for a suspension shop in exchange for the Traxxion AK-20 cartridges. Since my freelance rate would be twice my "day job" pay that basically makes the more expensive Traxxion option cost the same as the RaceTech option I'd be paying for out of my pocket. (Hope that makes sense.)

So I've been wondering which avenue to pursue, and that's why I posed the question. Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I still have a some time to decide.

Incidentally, Patrick at Moto Unlimited told me that Traxxion is not merely a copy of RaceTech. Traxxion's approach is based upon smaller fluid passages in the suspension components. This leads to a quicker breakdown of the fluid and therefore rebuilds more often. He said Penske uses the same "small passage" approach, which could explain why Tom has to rebuild his Penske shock more often.

Advertisement