MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 AM   #21
dc3843

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 Repsol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Doesnt even make sense.
It doesn't make sense because this stupid is trying to make witty remarks about cops and then changin pg the word to something else. Tool.

The cops re there because they KNOW there's gonna be a load of people doing what they're waiting for, speeding in a school zone. If it was in the school zone hours, it gets a ticket, plain and simple. You know what woulda happened if they had slowed down for the zone? Not a thing.
dc3843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HPD moto LEO fall down go boom rhenriksen General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 08-21-2013 12:51 AM
Off-duty LEO Killed in moto accident Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 06-15-2011 04:00 AM
★Moto Insurance, Moto-Houston.com t-shirts are in.. TnTEntR1 Moto Insurance 2 05-22-2011 01:11 AM
LEO moto rodeo RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-28-2009 11:52 PM
Help from any LEO's 1fasthyundai Off Topic 39 08-31-2009 01:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #22
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classax View Post
I was commenting more on the fact that A: the Cops claim what they were doing was in the name of safety yet they did it in the most unsafe way possible. Did they really need 6 officers to write tickets all morning when they could have posted one in the school zone and driver would known it was in affect. No whines or whinnies just trying to understand their logic.
Cops don't make the rules. If it's a school zone, there's a school and it's the time posted, I just go ahead and slow down. forbid someone's 5 year old dodge out into the street, get hit by a car and make you late to work.

Laws are made for a reason. The flashing lights are there to better get your attention, NOT because they need to be. Lights or no lights, if you're speeding and they're checking, they have every right to pull you over.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #23
gtdrivr
Al Gore lied to me.

Bike(s):
CBR954 arrrr arrrr

They should have used spike strips.

Riding the back roads of heaven.

gtdrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #24
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I say proofread your
You are right, I should have proof read it. When I did re read it the time to edit it and correct my mistakes had expired. To be clear I did NOT get a ticket I was traveling westbound so I could see them in their hide. And the signs clearly state "On School Days when Children are Present" to the westbound and " when Flashing" facing to the eastbound. Why because the traffic engineers are aware the signs are either not visible or illegible from that direction at certain times. To Review, NO KIDS were observed, the signs weren't flashing, and no other school is in session in the area mid summer.

To a certain extent I agree with you Helios, the law is the law. Laws are there for a purpose. Get caught breaking it, you pay the penalty. My issue is cops get bent out of shape when some people take a negative attitude towards them, like I described is why. Most will likely beat it in court but they will still have to take the time to fight it. The non existent children would have better been protected and the public better served by the cops announcing the presences of an unexpected school zone, not by a revenue generation operation which exploits the public's ignorance of the facts in order get them for doing 10 over in a school zone that sits in the middle of a 30mph zone. To be fair its only my assumption as to why motorist were stopped. Officer friendly and crew were out there again this morning, same thing, no kids that I could see, same hidden location, no flashing lights, 7 officers, and a line of about 15 cars pulled over to get an invitation to the Municipal Ball to dance with a judge.

As for 826, dc3843 you have your opinion and I have mine. The key was no reasonable person traveling eastbound would expect the school zone to be in force and the Cops took advantage of that. The POINT was I know cops who don't like it when bikers say "F the police" and can't understand why anyone would. I offered a case for discussion as to why.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Name the school
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #26
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
You are right, I should have proof read it. When I did re read it the time to edit it and correct my mistakes had expired. To be clear I did NOT get a ticket I was traveling westbound so I could see them in their hide. And the signs clearly state "On School Days when Children are Present" to the westbound and " when Flashing" facing to the eastbound. Why because the traffic engineers are aware the signs are either not visible or illegible from that direction at certain times. To Review, NO KIDS were observed, the signs weren't flashing, and no other school is in session in the area mid summer.

To a certain extent I agree with you Helios, the law is the law. Laws are there for a purpose. Get caught breaking it, you pay the penalty. My issue is cops get bent out of shape when some people take a negative attitude towards them, like I described is why. Most will likely beat it in court but they will still have to take the time to fight it. The non existent children would have better been protected and the public better served by the cops announcing the presences of an unexpected school zone, not by a revenue generation operation which exploits the public's ignorance of the facts in order get them for doing 10 over in a school zone that sits in the middle of a 30mph zone. To be fair its only my assumption as to why motorist were stopped. Officer friendly and crew were out there again this morning, same thing, no kids that I could see, same hidden location, no flashing lights, 7 officers, and a line of about 15 cars pulled over to get an invitation to the Municipal Ball to dance with a judge.

As for 826, dc3843 you have your opinion and I have mine. The key was no reasonable person traveling eastbound would expect the school zone to be in force and the Cops took advantage of that. The POINT was I know cops who don't like it when bikers say "F the police" and can't understand why anyone would. I offered a case for discussion as to why.

The Judge or Jury will have theirs, and theirs is all that matters. Let us know what they decide, and how much you end up paying. I hope its a lot. I think you are confusing "bikers" with punks like I am confusing you for a poster when you are really a potato. PM me your court date and time I would like to show up to applaud when you are guilty and have to pay up.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #27
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 826 View Post
The Judge or Jury will have theirs, and theirs is all that matters. Let us know what they decide, and how much you end up paying. I hope its a lot. I think you are confusing "bikers" with punks like I am confusing you for a poster when you are really a potato. PM me your court date and time I would like to show up to applaud when you are guilty and have to pay up.
He did not get a ticket
Old 07-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #28
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
I did get a ticket
He said he did.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #29
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
To be clear I did NOT get a ticket
My mistake he is just a special kind of stupid.

Dumbass spent all that time to write his feeling over the matter, and couldn't even get that right. wow and thank you forum gods for inviting this guy here. I am left wondering how the he was able to turn the computer on and create an account at this point.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
He said he did.
Quote:
To be clear I did NOT get a ticket I was traveling westbound so I could see them in their hide.
^^^ This
Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #31
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:

Dumbass spent all that time to write his feeling over the matter, and couldn't even get that right. wow and thank you forum gods for inviting this guy here. I am left wondering how the he was able to turn the computer on and create an account at this point.
Texting while driving ain't easy
Old 07-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #32
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

826 I'm going to let all the insults slide because it’s obvious that among your many other flaws you have a reading comprehension deficit which you attempt to compensate for by attempting to belittle others in the hopes we won't notice that you're a knuckle dragging, for brains, paedomorphic little . Here’s a clue, it doesn’t work on adults. I realize we all make mistakes from time to time and I admit mine. I can see how it is beyond your limited and sub asinine abilities to comprehend how a person can see an injustice take place and be impassioned enough to write about it, or how someone capable of turning on a computer, a monumental achievement requiring divine intervention for you I gather, could possibly be capable of making a typographical error. That would require cognition far beyond that of your sub simian level of mental development. I will type as slowly as possible for you so that you can understand. Next time hold your head up more so that the hair from your uni-browed over pronounced Neolithic brow ridge doesn’t obscure so many of the words. Allow me to translate to your native tongue… uhg og ug ug uhg #@%$! It’s all cool though, it’s not your fault you’re a self righteous idiot full of keyboard courage, just take your medication, put on your head protection gear and leave the conversations to people who don’t drool ok…

Bevo I rode in all three days, but I'll stop and take some pic's this afternoon on the way from home work so you can see what I mean.

Last edited by Classax; 07-03-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Can you name the school?
Old 07-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #34
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Can you name the school?
I think it was named Shadow Oak middle school or something like that.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #35
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

To much to read

Do you ride a fz6r by any chance
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #36
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Quote:
826 I'm going to let all the insults slide because itís obvious that among your many other flaws you have a reading comprehension deficit which you attempt to compensate for by attempting to belittle others in the hopes we won't notice that you're a knuckle dragging, for brains, paedomorphic little . Hereís a clue, it doesnít work on adults. I realize we all make mistakes from time to time and I admit mine. I can see how it is beyond your limited and sub asinine abilities to comprehend how a person can see an injustice take place and be impassioned enough to write about it, or how someone capable of turning on a computer, a monumental achievement requiring divine intervention for you I gather, could possibly be capable of making a typographical error. That would require cognition far beyond that of your sub simian level of mental development. I will type as slowly as possible for you so that you can understand. Next time hold your head up more so that the hair from your uni-browed over pronounced Neolithic brow ridge doesnít obscure so many of the words. Allow me to translate to your native tongueÖ uhg og ug ug uhg #@%$! Itís all cool though, itís not your fault youíre a self righteous idiot full of keyboard courage, just take your medication, put on your head protection gear and leave the conversations to people who donít drool okÖ

Bevo I rode in all three days, but I'll stop and take some pic's this afternoon on the way from home work so you can see what I mean.

Internet isn't this serious bro.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #37
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Old 07-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #38
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Is it on Shadowdale off of Hammerly?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #39
Classax
Objective Observer

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

No its on westview and shawdowdale, its fairly new, and its and elementary not a middle school as I google it. Street view shows it from before it was built.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #40
Ninjeff

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2007 Honda CBR600rr
1995 Suzuki GS500e (sold)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650r (sold)
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (sold)

I am entertained.