MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 AM   #21
Tut
E-Jip-Shun

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 cbr600

if you have the house adress and he owns it then, look it up on hcad.org it shows owners name
Tut is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apartment seeking advice kbexperience Off Topic 13 07-17-2014 12:35 PM
Seeking advice on what 1000 to buy Jkite General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-07-2011 09:55 PM
Oil Pan Threads stripped/Cracked - Seeking Help/Advice hotnanas General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 03-28-2011 10:06 AM
seeking advice. sv650 dead front cyl. not flooded loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 09-25-2009 08:28 AM
Seeking New Cruiser - Need Advice chadeaux General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-01-2009 10:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

haha

about 6 years ago i filed a lien on a guy for something or another, i forget the details. Anyways, about 6 months ago I got a call saying I can pick up my check. Apparently the guy wanted to sell the car, and couldn't because he had a lien. they are slow working.. but pay off in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigshankhank View Post
Yeah, but if you have a judgement against him, at least you can file a lien against him and keep him getting any loans. him in the long run.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

you will likely also be sending him a piece of registered mail (save the green stub) to his house that he has 10 days to respond to, to dispute the claim. after 10 or 15 days the mail is returned to you undisturbed and add this to your collection of "evidence"

if you go ahead and get that letter mailed out you can file the police report as mentioned above with your letter ("notice") in hand to get that included in the report.

So if he does not respond = acquiescence of guilt or, verdict in your favor. These letters need to be notarized affadavits along with your witness testimony notarized. This is likley how a lawyer would tell you to go about it.

I know you are looking for tips from fellow riders but honestly since no-one was hurt this falls into the category of civil suit just as any matter between friends/neighbors/acquaintances would.

Last edited by SideVinder650; 07-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #24
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tut View Post
if you have the house adress and he owns it then, look it up on hcad.org it shows owners name
Yup this

Or if you have license plate number i can do a search for you.

I would go over to his house and keep knocking on the door
Old 07-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
DLite
David

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tut View Post
Haha. Yea, right. No insurance, avoiding responsibility. I'm sure he really owns a house.
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
WildCard355

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Streetfighter 1098

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLite View Post
Haha. Yea, right. No insurance, avoiding responsibility. I'm sure he really owns a house.
Haha, right on the money with this one. The rider does have insurance though, but does not ride with a license plate as many people I've seen around. That should have been a red flag right there...

I'm all about safety, if not for me I do it for my family and the people I take care of, including other riders in my group. Some appreciate it more than others.
Be careful of your surroundings and who you invite to your rides, if it does not feel right, you can always ride another day.
WildCard355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #27
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Any cars in the front of the house with a license plate i can still get his info
Old 07-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #28
WildCard355

Bike(s):
Streetfighter 1098

Member Garage

Thanks everybody for the support. One tends to loose a little faith in situations such as this, but the motorcycle community (motohouston particularly) has proven very helpful.

I talked to the rider today, in person, trying to exchange information, but as you may have guessed it it did not turn too well. No license plate on the bike, but I did manage to get the Vin Number. Looks like I will pursue this the legal way.

I'm preparing the police report as we speak. But besides that, what can I use the Vin number on?
Old 07-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...did the leo give the guy any...awards when he showed up to the scene?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #30
ZX-Dominance

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2008 FZ1 (wifey)
2007 ZX-6R (track)
2008 Speed Triple White Knight (sold)
2008 CBR1000RR "Red Rocket"
2005 SV1000S (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard355 View Post
Thanks everybody for the support. One tends to loose a little faith in situations such as this, but the motorcycle community (motohouston particularly) has proven very helpful.

I talked to the rider today, in person, trying to exchange information, but as you may have guessed it it did not turn too well. No license plate on the bike, but I did manage to get the Vin Number. Looks like I will pursue this the legal way.

I'm preparing the police report as we speak. But besides that, what can I use the Vin number on?
I'm really sorry to hear about your accident... But I've got to say- I dont ride with anyone who doesn't have a license plate and only has a nickname. I mean, wtf is this? Biker boyz?
ZX-Dominance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 PM   #31
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:

In person?? Did you end up going to his house?? Did you look at his bike to confirm no lic plate??
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #32
WildCard355

Bike(s):
Streetfighter 1098

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
In person?? Did you end up going to his house?? Did you look at his bike to confirm no lic plate??
Yes and Yes and Yes.

Their bike is fully fixed so trying to play the tight money card is out the window.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #33
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:
Yes and Yes and Yes.

Their bike is fully fixed so trying to play the tight money card is out the window.
Geez sorry dude. What a fcker. Flag his if you know his forum name. Don't need that kind of here.
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
Slovy
BRAWP Racing

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2003 Honda CBR 600rr

Quote:
Kind of an inconvenient situation. My friends and I ride as a group - safety in the numbers, or so I thought.

During one of our rides and a bad judgement call, a new group rider following me close behind failed to slowdown hitting my bike during the ride. Both of us live, were are OK, but our bikes...its a different story. The police showed up, but no report was filed. Feeling sympathy, I decided to let him calm down and rest at least until the next day to talk insurance, and that was probably a bad decision.

This person stopped taking my calls and refuses to share insurance information.

My motorcycle is insured to liability only. So obviously my insurance won't cover damages. It sucks, but I'm seeking advice from the experienced. Any would be greatly appreciated.

Moms a cop and I asked her. So you are in luck

A cop HAS to file a police report on anything they encounter or respond to. Go to the pd and get your report, slam that guy with medical bills, and get a few new surgerys out of his
Old 07-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #35
dc3843

Bike(s):
2009 Repsol

And you didn't beat the out of him why? Want some help? People like this really upset me. up and won't take responsibility? Here, let me show you what an whooping feels like
dc3843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:15 AM   #36
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Thanks, Ulric. Small claims court is for <$5,000 in damages. My only problem would be, as with many riders, this person goes by a nick name. I have a first name at best, and would need a full name to file a case.

Any chance someone knows how to reverse search a cellphone number?
Is he on MOtoHOuston? Someone might know him and the pressure might raise, don't let it go,give all the infos for mean time at the insurance....
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #37
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovy View Post
Moms a cop and I asked her. So you are in luck

A cop HAS to file a police report on anything they encounter or respond to. Go to the pd and get your report, slam that guy with medical bills, and get a few new surgerys out of his
Exactly right,you can always file a police report after,just got to go there now in person....
Old 07-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #38
brandontx

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:

Listen to me it. You previously mentioned you thought he had insurance. Just take the VIN to a police station and tell them the rider hit you and didn't give you his insurance information. They will pull up his insurance information. You just call his insurance and tell them what happened. This works. I've done it.

Last edited by brandontx; 07-03-2013 at 09:47 AM.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Lucar

Member Garage

Follow advice here, after you get your fixed, whoop his

Uh.. son, full cover on your . You ride a street bike, not an ice cream kart
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #40
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
So we tried this approach. This person has insurance, but stopped taking my friend's calls as well...

after the wreck we drove him home and made sure he was alright. I do have his address, but seeing as hes avoiding this I don't think he'll answer the door either.
Go at 3pm and throw the power off at the breaker.

But do start with the demand letter once you figure out what to demand.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement