MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
Squidward
SQUIDWARD

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
K9 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
Ninja 650 (Sold)
'07 CBR1000RR (Sold)
'05 Kawasaki 636

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
And that song isnt copyrighted?
Nope, looked up non-copyrighted music.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Workout partner Jlop Health and Fitness 61 08-08-2014 11:39 AM
Need A workout partner!!! chriscole Health and Fitness 13 01-02-2012 07:53 PM
Looking for a rockclimbing partner The BeastMaster Off Topic 10 07-10-2011 07:33 AM
need sparring partner OMEGA Off Topic 37 02-14-2008 04:41 PM
How To Get a Soccer Partner ArturoC Off Topic 5 10-09-2007 01:24 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
ArmyApe
In reality, Goliath wins

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 Kawasaki ZX10R
2011 Kawasaki ZX6R (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Skype™ to ArmyApe
I somewhat agree with dbuck, but mostly because of the title, "Live Live with no Limit" and you speed a little on freeways and slow down when cops roll by? I don't condone wheelies or excessive speeding in any way, but the title is misleading.

Maybe some twisties with a knee down? Different camera angles? Minimal vlogging? Your current bike build listed in the description? More aggressive editing to fit the music a little more than just riding down a few streets?

I really don't want to sound like a troll here, but GoPro vids of people riding around are a penny a dozen at this point. The ones who get the most views are the ones who go out of their way to make their videos different, entertaining, engaging. Rnickeymouse (not a vlogger, I know), ARidersLife, BaronVonGrumble, ChaseOnTwoWheels, those guys are pretty big because of how much variety they have. LaurieJennifer owns the female subscriber base.

Your video just didn't stand out in any way beyond being able to say, "Heh, I recognise that road" which is lost outside of Houston.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #23
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

, how did you get over 3k subscribers? I should market my youtube better. At my current rate, I won't see a dime for a year.

Here is a gopro vid + musical arrangement I made last night

My gopro slow motion testing + music arrangement I tossed together the night before:

Last edited by hotnanas; 07-01-2013 at 03:15 PM.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #24
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Stabilize the camera.... too much shaking. At least stabilize the video afterwards

Do something interesting... either while filming, or during editing.

I know my commute is boring... so I sped it up. If something interesting happens, slow it/freeze frame it. At least set the pace to a song (I didn't). I sped up 1hr of footage to 4min. That's pushing people's attention span.

Use multiple cameras, or move the camera around to get different views... change views with changes in song tempo. Try some interesting angles people don't normally see.... pole attached infront of the nose... pole sticking way off the side, etc.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #25
oo_dro_oo

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha R6

Less gay music, more engine.
oo_dro_oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #26
Stricken55
Zoom Zoom

Bike(s):
12' Stratoliner Deluxe
RC51 SP2
FZ6R (sold)
SV650 (sold)
KLX250SF (sold)

less music and more bike sounds... also mount the go pro on your chest so we can see the controls...

Ive been a partner since 2009
Stricken55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #27
oo_dro_oo

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stricken55 View Post
less music and more bike sounds... also mount the go pro on your chest so we can see the controls...

Ive been a partner since 2009
Yeah this ^^^, music isn't necessary to have a good video. Just riding and clean editing.

Are you planning to vlog or just riding videos?
oo_dro_oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #28
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Well thanks for sharing your video, truth is you have a lot of competition not just n mh but on youtube in general, the first minute of your video must catch the attention of your viewers, but on your case you failed to keep most people interested, i couldnt watch it past the 30 seconds into it.

Two things i would recommend, first being to improve your riding skills and show something worth watching other than going straight down the road passing cars...... secondly, change the scenary, find some roads with curves so people dont get bored. In other words, you gotta bring something worth watching that at least is on the same level compared to the rest of the videos out there!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #29
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Chevy got a new subscriber! Thanks for sharing!

howabout overlays and picture in picture? man, i need a streetbike again. it would be better than testing my cam stuff with my f250.

Boring video inside, just a warning. Like I said, I was just testing a setup to race with, but haven't made it back to a race :

Last edited by hotnanas; 07-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
hxm
Malik

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
GSXR 1300 (current)
Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (Sold)
Honda Shadow VLX 650 (Sold)
Suzuki Savage 650 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhn1203 View Post
And I get paid to make videos, I recently got a GoPro and decided to try bike vids, what do you guys think so far, and what would you like to see improvement on?

Live Life with No Limit - YouTube
What a pus, that corvette let u get away with that??
Old 07-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #31
hxm
Malik

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
GSXR 1300 (current)
Honda Shadow Spirit 750 (Sold)
Honda Shadow VLX 650 (Sold)
Suzuki Savage 650 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Well thanks for sharing your video, truth is you have a lot of competition not just n mh but on youtube in general, the first minute of your video must catch the attention of your viewers, but on your case you failed to keep most people interested, i couldnt watch it past the 30 seconds into it.

Two things i would recommend, first being to improve your riding skills and show something worth watching other than going straight down the road passing cars...... secondly, change the scenary, find some roads with curves so people dont get bored. In other words, you gotta bring something worth watching that at least is on the same level compared to the rest of the videos out there!

What he said^^
Old 07-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #32
brian1570
Incognito

Bike(s):
07 Dynasaur
09 GSXR600(sold)
06 CBR600RR(wrecked)
04 Buell lightning(sold)
08 nightster(sold)

buy a mic, tape inside your helmet, start a moto vlog and if the you say is funny enough or relevant enough you will profit.
brian1570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #33
cychotic
Banned

Feedback Rating: (1)

User is banned

cychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #34
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Oh yeah... sound of bike is better than music. Maybe some LIGHT music in the background... but anything interesting will probably have the engine reving up or down.

The sound from my GoPro SUCKS... and I haven't found a way to fix it yet. Debating second sound recording device... but not that serious yet.

PIP and overlays help it look MUCH more professional. Even if it's just your logo/name, location, map... something. Hotnanas is AWESOME though... very pro.

Use transitions, but not just randomly. Use titles/labels. Make a "theme" with it. Use similar ones, same colors to fade in/out, same fonts... make it look cohesive.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #35
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

i am far from pro. i appreciate the comment. it's just a super late night when the child is asleep hobby for me. so as I up your thread, I am only doing it to give you some free tips. No fees here!

one bit of GoPro advice that I have started to do (but haven't made it to many videos) is to play with the lens when recording. Wiping it will make it clean and can be used for a transition. I lately have been licking my camera and eating it when I am doing water activities.

For instance the transition I did at 7 seconds. I don't think I will ever get to finishing this video, but it was supposed to have a lot less of me and a lot more of my family on the lake when it is complete.

EDIT:
While I am whoring it up, here's one of my "pass of the race" vids

Last edited by hotnanas; 07-01-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Advertisement