Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #21
Truckin_Thumper

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
He will keep his CDL unless he has had other incidents .. but with the new laws that went in place a couple years ago the company takes a hit from the DOT when a crash happens so they drop the drivers. Even if it is not their fauly. Wife works for a trucking company .... they had a 3 incident rule prior to the law change .. now it is crash (fault or no fault) and you are out.
Dont know about that, got a link from the FMCSA?

Maybe you have misunderstood.

Drivers now get "DOT Points", kind of like points on a DL.
so many points and they get a suspension of CDL....no word if it effects the non CDL part.

Used to be a DOT number could not be revoked or suspended unless the Ins. was out, now they can pull it with too many infractions.

Most Ins. do NOT tell who can be insured, just how expensive it will be.
FMCSA, INS. companys, , I dont think there is a difference anymore.

The .gov has damned near total power over this industry, 23 years and I am almost over it......even as a Op. Manager I am over it.
I should just get into drug dealing, same risks
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
green 250 down on 290 south bound. little6 Safety Corner Main 0 04-07-2015 02:48 PM
Highway 290 westbound shut Yillbs General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 06-29-2013 03:42 PM
6+ HPD officers with Radar guns feeder of I-10 West Bound Between Eldridge & HWY 6 NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 100 10-28-2011 04:07 PM
HWY 6 @ clay rd. shut down GAU-8 General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-29-2011 01:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #22
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Dont know about that, got a link from the FMCSA?

Maybe you have misunderstood.

Drivers now get "DOT Points", kind of like points on a DL.
so many points and they get a suspension of CDL....no word if it effects the non CDL part.

Used to be a DOT number could not be revoked or suspended unless the Ins. was out, now they can pull it with too many infractions.

Most Ins. do NOT tell who can be insured, just how expensive it will be.
FMCSA, INS. companys, , I dont think there is a difference anymore.

The .gov has damned near total power over this industry, 23 years and I am almost over it......even as a Op. Manager I am over it.
I should just get into drug dealing, same risks
From what I understood when it stopped being ICC and FMCSA started regulating everything ... before a driver could have an accident, get a ticket (overweight, oog, over hours etc) and it would only affect the driver and his license. Now when a driver receives a citation it goes against the companies record with the DOT also. Too many bad drivers ... MCC license suspension or even total revoke if it is not cleaned up. Seen alot of trucking companies shut down because of this since the changes took place. So Companies are now quick to shitcan a driver (especially owner operators) for something they may have given multiple chances before.

This is just what I have came across .. no FMCSA expert here. I have worked in Intl Transport (export ocean) and now a clerk at the Port of Houston going on 20 yrs this August.

My wife works for BTT (owner operator based Container Carrier) and when I showed her the picture she was like he would be gone .. his fault or not.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
Truckin_Thumper

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
From what I understood when it stopped being ICC and FMCSA started regulating everything ... before a driver could have an accident, get a ticket (overweight, oog, over hours etc) and it would only affect the driver and his license. Now when a driver receives a citation it goes against the companies record with the DOT also. Too many bad drivers ... MCC license suspension or even total revoke if it is not cleaned up. Seen alot of trucking companies shut down because of this since the changes took place. So Companies are now quick to shitcan a driver (especially owner operators) for something they may have given multiple chances before.

This is just what I have came across .. no FMCSA expert here. I have worked in Intl Transport (export ocean) and now a clerk at the Port of Houston going on 20 yrs this August.

My wife works for BTT (owner operator based Container Carrier) and when I showed her the picture she was like he would be gone .. his fault or not.
Bridge Terminal Transport....
http://safersys.org/query.asp?search...RANSPORT%20INC

This is the rating she is talking about

Too many safety violations and they can pull the plug, both driver (you wont see that DB) and Company.

Now here is the funny part.
Look at the Inspections table, see that 21.7% Out of Service (OOS) rate, its all bullshit! BTT pulls a majority of container chassis, those things are POS!
I'd bet that 1/2 of those shut downs are due to that.

Safersys.org is a tool, but not the endall.

They (DOT) base everything off of percentages,

Lets say a company has 2 trucks, gets 3 inspections and one truck gets shut down for a blown tire that the driver did not know about. Lets say it happend 2 miles before the inspection.

They would have an OOS of 33.3%. Their safety rating just put them on the hit list. Its all bullshit for the most part.

Now the other part, they passed 2-3 years ago was mostly for the drivers.
It is ALL based on safety inspections. Light out, a point, one brake slightly out of whack, but still within the limits, a point, driver forgot to put the date on a log, more points. Its all bullshit too. I am betting that the larger companies made a deal with the FMCSA to limit some of their liability.

Its all about money and very little about safety.

There are new HOS (Hours of Service) due out soon too....its more retarded than I care to admit to.

Either way, that driver had a helluva ride and no telling what caused it.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #24
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
Bridge Terminal Transport....
http://safersys.org/query.asp?search...RANSPORT%20INC

This is the rating she is talking about

Too many safety violations and they can pull the plug, both driver (you wont see that DB) and Company.

Now here is the funny part.
Look at the Inspections table, see that 21.7% Out of Service (OOS) rate, its all bullshit! BTT pulls a majority of container chassis, those things are POS!
I'd bet that 1/2 of those shut downs are due to that.

Safersys.org is a tool, but not the endall.

They (DOT) base everything off of percentages,

Lets say a company has 2 trucks, gets 3 inspections and one truck gets shut down for a blown tire that the driver did not know about. Lets say it happend 2 miles before the inspection.

They would have an OOS of 33.3%. Their safety rating just put them on the hit list. Its all bullshit for the most part.

Now the other part, they passed 2-3 years ago was mostly for the drivers.
It is ALL based on safety inspections. Light out, a point, one brake slightly out of whack, but still within the limits, a point, driver forgot to put the date on a log, more points. Its all bullshit too. I am betting that the larger companies made a deal with the FMCSA to limit some of their liability.

Its all about money and very little about safety.

There are new HOS (Hours of Service) due out soon too....its more retarded than I care to admit to.

Either way, that driver had a helluva ride and no telling what caused it.
yeah I have been to that site before. I did a short stay with a large Fowarding company who was self insured. So before we could bring in a truck vendor we had to check their rating and insurance coverage.

Yeah the chassis .. .. they are . I have worked the inspection lane at the port and at a private container yard. The port inspection let just say its bullshit. the private yard .. lot more intensive. Should have both been intensive since we as workers drive around these chassis on the freeway so you would think "lets keep them repaired". Well not so much. The drivers hate trying to find a good chassis so if they have one that is decent they want to keep it...they hate when we place repairs on them cause they are afraid they will get charged for it. So they will rip the OOS stickers off and if someone did not input it right or the computer glitches out it goes again for another round. Not to mention I am far from being a chassis mechanic so I can only really tell if lights are out and from my judgement if the tires are road worthy. I have put a chassis down only to have it place back in service because the company that owned the chassis said the damage I mentioned were within spec for it being road worthy .. when I thought it needed to be fixed. Drivers fault .. no way .. but he still stayed hooked to it so he took the chance.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #25
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

actual picture is totally different compare to your drawing....

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
Truckin_Thumper

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
actual picture is totally different compare to your drawing....
That driver made the stuntas look like rookies.

He JUMPED the wall, backed it in, and kept it upright.....

Imagine seeing 18 wheels 4-6 feet in the air, coming at you.
No way he had a load on.

Either way, I bet he is seeing a proctologist removing the seat covers out of his

Advertisement