MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #21
myla296

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
with whoever has used rattle cans and got good/decent results what did you use?
This is only good enough for track fairings, for street, this won't shine as much since we skipped clear coat, we had trouble with the clear coat on the tank getting ruined by gas. So, we wound up taking those to Dave/1FC:

-Sand in increasing grade amounts (rough first, smooth later)
-sprayed with Rustoleum Automotive Enamel, Rod was able to tape base coat and layer on yellow as the patterned touches

Here is an image (the Motohouston.com sticker is on the underside of the tail, shows nicely in turns but not visible here, sorry!)
bikes2013May5both zpsc5b97c05
myla296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wet sanding 04RSVR How To's and Q & A's 19 10-24-2007 10:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
r6racer
track

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by myla296 View Post
This is only good enough for track fairings, for street, this won't shine as much since we skipped clear coat, we had trouble with the clear coat on the tank getting ruined by gas. So, we wound up taking those to Dave/1FC:

-Sand in increasing grade amounts (rough first, smooth later)
-sprayed with Rustoleum Automotive Enamel, Rod was able to tape base coat and layer on yellow as the patterned touches

Here is an image (the Motohouston.com sticker is on the underside of the tail, shows nicely in turns but not visible here, sorry!)
perfect. this is for my track bike, i want to paint white/red. I used rustoleum before on some street fairings and i was happy with it, of course not a professional job but people couldnt tell the difference. I didnt use clear coat.. but i think it would be a good idea if i did use clear coat this time since I'll be working with white on the fairings? And I suppose for the tank I will have to take it to someone?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
I have been painting since I was 15! My parents own a painting company. The powdercoat/paint bikes, cars, all sorts of stuff. I can help Most people hate sanding... I personally enjoy it. Need some help Im down.
Where in Hellville do you live? I've never seen you around. I'm up past Clark Park in Piney Creek.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #24
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

hi

Been around a while actually, Used to do some group riding a few years ago. I had an accident, got rid of my bike, and got another. When I came back to MH i changed my username to yillbs , my old nick was Fz6. I am up in brenham, not many people by me :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
Where in Hellville do you live? I've never seen you around. I'm up past Clark Park in Piney Creek.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #25
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Been around a while actually, Used to do some group riding a few years ago. I had an accident, got rid of my bike, and got another. When I came back to MH i changed my username to yillbs , my old nick was Fz6. I am up in brenham, not many people by me :(
Ah cool. There is only 3 sport bikers in hellville that I know of so was like, wtf..?!?!. Don't know WaWa do yo?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #26
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

oh

Just saw you were in bellville, herp derp. I lived in bellville before, lived in the apartments behind the brookshire brothers, by that strip center, and the mexican rest there on 36. Moved after the accident.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #27
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Just saw you were in bellville, herp derp. I lived in bellville before, lived in the apartments behind the brookshire brothers, by that strip center, and the mexican rest there on 36. Moved after the accident.
Was that your sv650 that was for sale on 36 at the machine shop about a year back?
Old 06-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #28
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

if your sanding off spray paint, then get lots of sandpaper. you'll be going through it quick.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement