MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
Rowdy76

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fox View Post
Ontop of, not over....and knee puck isn't even touching so it doesn't count and is responsible. Plus I'm doing all the things in the movie right (I think? I watched over 2 years ago)
lol .. couple log trucks would have smacked ya in the head today tires were completely over the line
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
has anybody figured out... Lucar The Circus 9 08-11-2013 07:40 PM
Something we’ve had fun with today and figured you would too… zampano Off Topic 6 08-27-2009 01:57 PM
cbr1000rr, i figured it out! 04RSVR General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 09-15-2008 11:27 AM
figured out my next bike ... logan5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 09-26-2007 12:25 AM
i figured I'd post this up paniro187 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 0 08-22-2007 05:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #22
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
Typical forum reader ... I have not posted anything that says I am going to crash ... I actually knew I was doing something wrong so I was taking it easy trying to figure out what it was ... this post was actually saying I came across what I was doing wrong which was fixation on the yellow line in the corner. I am not running into a corner and then trying to throttle through ... I am working on not using alot of brake so I have started gearing down and if needed use the brake then start my corner entry and roll on the throttle out. Not to sound like I am not taking your advice but its one of those I know what I should be doing but I was having a problem with execution. I found the video and I am going to watch it ... never to good to learn something.

Just dont assume because I mistyped what I was trying to say that I am on my way to wrecking ... at least not yet.
I said don't take it personal. Jeez.

But that says it right there. Your line should be set before the turn and you should already be on the throttle as you enter the turn. Not on the way out, not on the apex, the beginning.

What your doing is a common mistake WE ALL make when we start. It takes a while to get it but once you do you will understand how you are working with gravity and the throttle to use the corner instead of working against gravity in the corner and the corner working you.

Right now you're doing what your instincts tell you to do and they are wrong. We have all been there. Once you practice a few times, learn throttle control, delaying your turns, etc, you will feel completely different on the bike and riding will be a whole-nother experience.

Why I said it's better to learn the right way first instead of the wrong way and having to retrain yourself.

Watch the movie, twice, go ride and try the techniques, gradually getting faster and you will understand. Then you can come back and thank me for being a "typical forum reader". Anyone who has met me knows I am anything but typical, in any shape, style, or fashion. Thanks Aspergers!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #23
Fastola
Banned

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Last edited by Fastola; 06-26-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
tustah

Bike(s):
2008 GSX-R750

So where were you looking when you do U-turns?

J/K. Ride safe. Maybe you should re-read the MSF book?
tustah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post

But that says it right there. Your line should be set before the turn and you should already be on the throttle as you enter the turn. Not on the way out, not on the apex, the beginning.

What your doing is a common mistake WE ALL make when we start. It takes a while to get it but once you do you will understand how you are working with gravity and the throttle to use the corner instead of working against gravity in the corner and the corner working you.

Right now you're doing what your instincts tell you to do and they are wrong. We have all been there. Once you practice a few times, learn throttle control, delaying your turns, etc, you will feel completely different on the bike and riding will be a whole-nother experience.

Why I said it's better to learn the right way first instead of the wrong way and having to retrain yourself.

Watch the movie, twice, go ride and try the techniques, gradually getting faster and you will understand. Then you can come back and thank me for being a "typical forum reader". Anyone who has met me knows I am anything but typical, in any shape, style, or fashion. Thanks Aspergers!
Very true! Breaking old street riding habits is a pain... Well said.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #26
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
I understand the outside to apex and throttle out to exit but I was not being able to do that.
Never stated I am waiting to apex to start throttle ... I was having to roll off which yes made the bike very uncomfortable but never to the point I was going to crash because I was not pushing the corner to begin with. Hence I knew I was doing something wrong. It was frustrating because I want to go faster through the turns. But since I knew I was doing something wrong I was slowing down ... no need to lean but just counter steer but corner was cut short by my fixation=frustration on my part= not very fun going left. I was going slow enough the bike was safe to ride upright and just countersteer .. which is possible because it did not fall over or feel like it was going to. This is not fun .. and to me felt unsafe because anyone behind me would not expect me to be moving that slow through a corner unless they knew I was having problems and giving me space.

Quote:
Typical forum reader ... I have not posted anything that says I am going to crash ... I actually knew I was doing something wrong so I was taking it easy trying to figure out what it was ... this post was actually saying I came across what I was doing wrong which was fixation on the yellow line in the corner. I am not running into a corner and then trying to throttle through ... I am working on not using alot of brake so I have started gearing down and if needed use the brake then start my corner entry and roll on the throttle out. Not to sound like I am not taking your advice but its one of those I know what I should be doing but I was having a problem with execution. I found the video and I am going to watch it ... never to good to learn something.

Just dont assume because I mistyped what I was trying to say that I am on my way to wrecking ... at least not yet.
Here I am setting up my corner before I get to it .. slowing down taking my position before entry. I state here "start my corner entry and roll on the throttle". I was trying to expalin I am not dive bombing the corner but I am setting up my entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post

I am not taking it personal (ok maybe a little) .. just if you a giving advice (which is totally cool and I have no problem receiving) dont read more into what I have typed then assume I have done something I am not. Prior to today I was doing all kinda wrong and I knew that. I opened my post with that. It is just frustrating and hard not to become frustrated with your suggestions when you implied more than what I put out there based on what I assume many others do. Do I need a lot of practice .. yeah .. every time I ride I get more comfortable with my bike .. feel something new for the first time .. and have a little more fun with it. I am of the school of thought you can always learn something each time you do it ... that is what makes it fun. If you think you cant learn something .. you will learn it anyway and its usually the hard way which on a bike I can only imagine wont end with the best outcome every time.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #27
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Never stated I am waiting to apex to start throttle ... I was having to roll off which yes made the bike very uncomfortable but never to the point I was going to crash because I was not pushing the corner to begin with. Hence I knew I was doing something wrong. It was frustrating because I want to go faster through the turns. But since I knew I was doing something wrong I was slowing down ... no need to lean but just counter steer but corner was cut short by my fixation=frustration on my part= not very fun going left. I was going slow enough the bike was safe to ride upright and just countersteer .. which is possible because it did not fall over or feel like it was going to. This is not fun .. and to me felt unsafe because anyone behind me would not expect me to be moving that slow through a corner unless they knew I was having problems and giving me space.

Here I am setting up my corner before I get to it .. slowing down taking my position before entry. I state here "start my corner entry and roll on the throttle". I was trying to expalin I am not dive bombing the corner but I am setting up my entry.

I am not taking it personal (ok maybe a little) .. just if you a giving advice (which is totally cool and I have no problem receiving) dont read more into what I have typed then assume I have done something I am not. Prior to today I was doing all kinda wrong and I knew that. I opened my post with that. It is just frustrating and hard not to become frustrated with your suggestions when you implied more than what I put out there based on what I assume many others do. Do I need a lot of practice .. yeah .. every time I ride I get more comfortable with my bike .. feel something new for the first time .. and have a little more fun with it. I am of the school of thought you can always learn something each time you do it ... that is what makes it fun. If you think you cant learn something .. you will learn it anyway and its usually the hard way which on a bike I can only imagine wont end with the best outcome every time.
Take your time, and prefect it. Track days help a lot, just too hot for me this time of year.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #28
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Take your time, and prefect it. Track days help a lot, just too hot for me this time of year.
Track day is in the plans .. waiting for Fastline to see if they are going to have any dates open up before September .. if not will try to do a Ride Smart. Fastline suggestion came from people stating LV1 little more geared to noobs because they go over the track more (more round robin) than Ride Smart but not saying Ride Smart was not safe or bad for noobs. Just liked what I heard from their first experience being with Fastline and think it would fit me better.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:22 PM   #29
Fastola
Banned

Bike(s):
06 CBR6er-street

User is banned

Fastola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #30
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Track day is in the plans .. waiting for Fastline to see if they are going to have any dates open up before September .. if not will try to do a Ride Smart. Fastline suggestion came from people stating LV1 little more geared to noobs because they go over the track more (more round robin) than Ride Smart but not saying Ride Smart was not safe or bad for noobs. Just liked what I heard from their first experience being with Fastline and think it would fit me better.
Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you sign up. Level 1 is fun, might join you.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #31
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
<---level one forever, lets do it

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #32
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Bike(s):
2011 EX250NinjaR
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoPee View Post
<---level one forever, lets do it
slow in the am, and open track in the pm. Don't have to worry about Pablo Escobar taking you out.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #33
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Brain overload ... just watched that video ... will for sure have to watch it multiple times ... i am ADD so retention is not always the best the first time.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #34
Rowdy76

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
You're over thinking it. Keep it simple and stay in the turn. Dont go over yellow line.

Should flow like water as much as possible. (bruce lee philosphy).. Smooth small incremental moves.
Yeah that was my problem ... the whole start to the thread ... I was thinking about the line .. watching the line ... now its just to remember to look through the turn and just get a good entry so I do not have to worry about the line (in the correct order of course
Old 06-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #35
kalanie
facebok/leatherlaceracing

Glad you were able to interpret the art of cornering
Now you will be able to perfect it and soak in more technical techniques
Congrats!

Leather&Lace Racing Leather Repair
281-657-589 zero
kalanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #36
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

The bike follows your eyes. If you look at the ditch, the bike is like, "well, I guess he wants to go in the ditch, weeeeeeeee!"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #37
Salty
señor Member

Bike(s):
86 Ninja 250r
2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
The bike follows your eyes. If you look at the ditch, the bike is like, "well, I guess he wants to go in the ditch, weeeeeeeee!"
Is that how it happened?
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #38
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Is that how it happened?
My crash? Nope. I've been on that same turn many times riding the exact same way I always did. I believe it was a front tire issue. It just let go. I was still looking through the turn while I was sliding on my side, lol

Last edited by Bevo; 06-27-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #39
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Brain overload ... just watched that video ... will for sure have to watch it multiple times ... i am ADD so retention is not always the best the first time.
Now that you've got the information, focus on smoothness. That means take it slow and work only on your technique. Don't work on being fast. Get to the point that you are smoothly executing your inputs on the motorcycle, without conscious thought. Once you're comfortable and smooth, you'll find it very easy to go fast when appropriate. Also, you'll act appropriately in an emergency and not chop the brakes or throttle.
Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #40
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Perfect example; watch the end of the video I posted of Longdraw on his ZX10 getting introduced to the Dragon.

It is a good habit to get into; not just the eyes but turn the entire head and upper body into the corner, and look as far as you can down the road.

Looking farther also "slows" down the road in your perception.

Only drawback for street riders is you may miss a hazard in the road up closer. So you really need to train your eyes to scan from the distance back to in front of you and then back out.

If you practice keeping your eyes moving, and never focus for more than a beat on any particular spot, you will find that ignoring oncoming cars, yellow line, guardrails, etc. will become much easier. You will also amaze yourself with what you start noticing.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement