MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #1
chevy42083

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

2007 650r AND 2005 SV650

Redbaroness and I both had our bikes stolen last night (6/25 - 6/26/13), SV was under a BILT cover. Keep your eyes out please.
Stolen from west Houston (near Katy).

Red 2007 650r, 30k+ miles
(Ignore the SV650, it was not stolen.)
Slight damage from slow low side.. probably not visible from more than 10ft away.
Hardcover AXIO Tailbag bolted to seat (no seat strap). The foam in the rear seat was cut out for more storage space.
Braided brake lines
Bar-end mirrors
FMF exhaust (pretty loud, packing was blown out)
Red powdercoated wheels (they were metallic dark red or black from factory... NONE were bright red)
Grips had 20k+ miles on them... practically worn through.

The red wheels, FMF exhaust, and tailbag are things I've NEVER seen on another 650r.
904375 10101030465266516 1040039775 o

330674 10100769583061546 410920944 o

Also stolen 2005 Black SV650. It's been repainted, so under the fuel cap is a different color, also visible in chips in the paint on tail/passenger handle
M4 carbon slip-on
Oury grips
double bubble smoked screen
Spray painted engine cases black (masked off, rest of engine is dark grey)
Kawi shock, ZX6r? It says Kawasaki on it.
Carbon tank protector and triple tree protector.
1040767 10101159924603966 1665790471 o

Let me (or cops) know if you see them or anything that might be them.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
thoughts about a 2005 sv650 cbr600f General Discussion (Moto Related) 41 01-03-2014 04:40 PM
Ninja 650r vs SV650 - which is the superior track option 675Raisinator Taking it to the Track 12 12-27-2011 12:03 PM
SV650 vs 650R Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 08-05-2010 06:17 PM
sv650 2005 ignition coil question logan5 How To's and Q & A's 1 04-18-2010 01:28 PM
CHEAP 2007 Kawasaki 650R ryanx13 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-07-2007 02:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Oh no! I will keep an eye out... I am really sorry to hear this... I loved that SV... Hope they catch those mofos!

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Dude that blows donkey .

Keep an eye on on craigslist and ebay.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Wait is the black SV the same as the red? Or did you guys get a different one?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Another tell tale... the black one was repainted and has NO badges or stickers on it (nose, tank, or tail)

Thayleal, Different bikes. Unfortunatly, the red SV was laid down, took a bad hit and cracked the engine open. She bought the black one less than a month ago from a forum member. She's only had plates on it 2 weeks, and was just getting back into riding daily.
We still have the red SV... we were waiting to pull some parts, kinda combine best of both before either trying to sell the red one as a fixer upper, or part it out. So, yeah, the red SV is sitting in a storage unit... the black SV was stolen.

I too hope they are caught. Debating posting the VINs here, will do a bit of research and thinking first.

really, the repaint over stock color and missing badges on hers and the red wheels on mine should be the biggest give-aways if seen.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
Another tell tale... the black one was repainted and has NO badges or stickers on it (nose, tank, or tail)

Thayleal, Different bikes. Unfortunatly, the red SV was laid down, took a bad hit and cracked the engine open. She bought the black one less than a month ago from a forum member. She's only had plates on it 2 weeks, and was just getting back into riding daily.
We still have the red SV... we were waiting to pull some parts, kinda combine best of both before either trying to sell the red one as a fixer upper, or part it out. So, yeah, the red SV is sitting in a storage unit... the black SV was stolen.

I too hope they are caught. Debating posting the VINs here, will do a bit of research and thinking first.

really, the repaint over stock color and missing badges on hers and the red wheels on mine should be the biggest give-aways if seen.
Wow sorry to hear about the red one... The engine getting cracked is weird on those bikes since the engine doesn't extend out past the frame. Well you can always fix the red one up... another engine you can get for like 600 bucks.. Meanwhile find your bikes!

Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
trooper
Time to ride.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 Heritage Softail Classic

Sorry to hear it D, I know how you feel man.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

i too will keep my eyes peeled for one or both, also, what is the original color of the black SV as you said, that will be a dead give-away but if im looking for chips in paint of a black bike i should know what the original color is, so i can verify that too!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Thanks.
SV was originally Blue.
It shows in the tank and on the tail/grab handle.
I don't know if the side fairings were ever blue as they were aftermarket.

Detective looked through the camera footage... got some info, but nothing ground breaking. It was a black/dark truck with a white enclosed trailer... just as a heads up to others.

My guess, they were parted or will be 650 twin class race bikes.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Red 650r was recovered by Angleton PD.... with at least 600 miles on it.

From what I understand, they made a stop and the rider said "I traded a Jeep for two bikes on craigslist". So, either he's an idiot, or he's the theif. Or both. Not sure what the 2nd bike was, as the tow lot also had an R6 (i think)... which had a hold on it from State Farm. Passing on the Angleton officers name to the Fort Bend detective who was handling the stolen bike's case incase it leads to more charges or more bikes found.

Bike plastics were untouched except some scratches while they pried/cut to get under the seat and they took off the Ninja stickers. Frame hooks for the seat were trashed, as is the paint on the frame when they were prying under the seat. Ignition is totally MIA... they hotwired it then plugged in a fuse to ride it. I'm not sure if the triple or triple lock are trashed yet. Both bar-end mirrors broken and electical taped back together. Some dummy key was installed in the ignition hole for looks. Gas tank was drilled out, no longer closes. Seat lock was removed and has the cable hanging out of the hole. LOTS of missing bolts, stripped bolts, broken off. Missing tailbag, I loved that bag. Looks like it was laid on it's side for transport, but not wrecked.

Still had my plate on it and they didn't really do anything to change the appearance much (painted windsheild). They did bend the out of the plate bracket so it wouldn't be under the license plate lights.

It's rough, but mechanically fine. Gotta decide how much effort/money to put into a bike that'll never be perfect, and already has twice the mileage of any other on the market.

Did I mention I just bought a new bike Saturday as I'd given up?

P.S. Please don't run me over or report it as stolen if you see the bike
Old 07-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #11
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

Saw on facebook you got it back, congrats dude. Now you have a track bike!
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #12
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

ok so the fool got pulled over and traded his jeep for 2 bikes but the other one was NOT your sv650?

I would bring charges against the man for knowingly selling/purchasing a bike without a title (which if its not illegal it should be since its just as illegal to sell a bike in the state of tx without one) and squeeze him for every bit of evidence he has that proves hes NOT the thief, and also find out where he works probally a moving company since he has access to a truck and trailer....he had to have an email convo or phone call or something, and also were you looking on craigslist for your bike? that just dosent add up that he bought it off craigslist i think he's the thief....

Also, that is so outrageous that these are rolling around with enclosed trailers to steal motorcycles....you give losers jobs (at moving companies) and this is what they do with the slightest amount of trust (to take the truck & trailer home) and spare time.... because people who can afford trucks and enclosed trailers can definitely afford the toys that go inside them.

Last edited by SideVinder650; 07-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #13
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Mr Sandman... I think I have a commuter... which'll double as a track bike when I get the cash. I didn't really plan on forking out this much money on motorcycles this summer (fixing 650r, insurance on both... BETTER insurance this time, garage rental, alarm locks, lojack? Garage Camera? etc)

Correct... SV650 was NOT recovered.
I got a couple different stories from the tow lot and a cop who wasn't in charge. Not sure if bikes were being trailered or if the buy and a buddy were out riding them. It's weird to have both of "Your" bikes on the road at once.
The other bike was an R6... 10 coats of paint deep with car wrap over that. I didn't look at it much as I was very interested in what had been done to mine :(

Seeing as how a police report was filed... I'm not sure there is a way he CAN'T be charged with possession of stolen property. But I'm no expert.

The guy said he traded a jeep for 2 bikes.. I didn't get anyone to say if the R6 was the other bike or not. Maybe he had the sv? Insurance hasn't paid on the SV yet, so we should be notified if it's found. Then again, maybe he's the theif and that was his story to get out of the theft itself.

I searched craigslist for sale... never checked for trade, and honestly... IF IT'S TRUE... someone with two stolen bikes may have contacted jeep owner looking to trade. Bikes may have never been listed. Steal bikes... trade for ANYTHING.. that's legal.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #14
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Red 650r was recovered by Angleton PD.... with at least 600 miles on it.

From what I understand, they made a stop and the rider said "I traded a Jeep for two bikes on craigslist". So, either he's an idiot, or he's the theif. Or both. Not sure what the 2nd bike was, as the tow lot also had an R6 (i think)... which had a hold on it from State Farm. Passing on the Angleton officers name to the Fort Bend detective who was handling the stolen bike's case incase it leads to more charges or more bikes found.

Bike plastics were untouched except some scratches while they pried/cut to get under the seat and they took off the Ninja stickers. Frame hooks for the seat were trashed, as is the paint on the frame when they were prying under the seat. Ignition is totally MIA... they hotwired it then plugged in a fuse to ride it. I'm not sure if the triple or triple lock are trashed yet. Both bar-end mirrors broken and electical taped back together. Some dummy key was installed in the ignition hole for looks. Gas tank was drilled out, no longer closes. Seat lock was removed and has the cable hanging out of the hole. LOTS of missing bolts, stripped bolts, broken off. Missing tailbag, I loved that bag. Looks like it was laid on it's side for transport, but not wrecked.

Still had my plate on it and they didn't really do anything to change the appearance much (painted windsheild). They did bend the out of the plate bracket so it wouldn't be under the license plate lights.

It's rough, but mechanically fine. Gotta decide how much effort/money to put into a bike that'll never be perfect, and already has twice the mileage of any other on the market.

Did I mention I just bought a new bike Saturday as I'd given up?

P.S. Please don't run me over or report it as stolen if you see the bike
So late to the party but Congrats on getting the Ninja back. Hope the SV turns up! You definitely have parts for it! Good Luck bro!

Old 07-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #15
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Thanks.... it'll need some work, but I've got another bike for now.
As for parts, this is true. Which is why we haven't really touched the red SV much. When it was laid down, we thought, depending on what she found as a replacement, she might need some stuff. She bought the awesome black SV.... and before we could start parting or listing the red SV for sale as whole.... black SV was stolen. Now we are holding off again.... incase we need stuff.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #16
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Quote:
Mr Sandman... I think I have a commuter... which'll double as a track bike when I get the cash. I didn't really plan on forking out this much money on motorcycles this summer (fixing 650r, insurance on both... BETTER insurance this time, garage rental, alarm locks, lojack? Garage Camera? etc)

Correct... SV650 was NOT recovered.
I got a couple different stories from the tow lot and a cop who wasn't in charge. Not sure if bikes were being trailered or if the buy and a buddy were out riding them. It's weird to have both of "Your" bikes on the road at once.
The other bike was an R6... 10 coats of paint deep with car wrap over that. I didn't look at it much as I was very interested in what had been done to mine :(

Seeing as how a police report was filed... I'm not sure there is a way he CAN'T be charged with possession of stolen property. But I'm no expert.

The guy said he traded a jeep for 2 bikes.. I didn't get anyone to say if the R6 was the other bike or not. Maybe he had the sv? Insurance hasn't paid on the SV yet, so we should be notified if it's found. Then again, maybe he's the theif and that was his story to get out of the theft itself.

I searched craigslist for sale... never checked for trade, and honestly... IF IT'S TRUE... someone with two stolen bikes may have contacted jeep owner looking to trade. Bikes may have never been listed. Steal bikes... trade for ANYTHING.. that's legal.

Your right i never thought that maybe the fool who was on your bike had a post for his jeep...then was contacted by the thief, i only assumed the -nugget who stole your bike put up an ad for a few hours and let a few calls come thru before taking it down (cant watch the internet all day, every day, all the time now can we?)

At any rate, I'm glad you got one of the bikes back, but still sad that you have to go thru the clean up process of some screw up.

Any more info on the video they got of the truck/trailer? Was it dark when they got them? IF you're willing i can take a stab at enhancing the video and trying to secure either a plate or picture of the driver/passengers

Edit: Just wanted to add that in addition to the State filing charges on the fool who was caught with your property after it was stolen.., you too should seek to file suit against him whether it be criminal or civil, just because the state is filing charge does not mean that you can not file charge as well...Its both a crime to steal, and be in posession of stolen property...So if the state is charging him with posession of stolen property, dont let him get off with the theft charge.

Mind you the statutory punishment for theft is what 6 months? where as burglarly in common law courts is punishable by death...

Last edited by SideVinder650; 07-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #17
chevy42083

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg

Agreed on the searching craigslist... I did it often, daily for awhile.... but knew it would be too easy to slip something by.

No info from the video.
1. There was a back exit-only gate that I didn't even know about (opposite end from where our apartment is), which is apparently how the truck left... may have even entered that way, not sure.
2. Even if the cameras at the front gate showed a vehicle entering... they don't show any bikes being stolen. It would all be assumption on vehicle, with no evidence of any actual person.

Same thing goes for the guy being charged with theft... there's zero proof. Only proof is that he was in possesion.

Kinda thinking about buying a dropcam (https://www.dropcam.com/) for use in whatever location I see fit... I'm sure I'll always have somewhere it'd be nice (watching vehicles, garage, front door of house when I get one... etc). I think it'd be useful.

I thought it'd be easy to buy the complete lockset, but I kinda need to replace the triple as well.... getting all three locks, with keys, and correct color triple just isn't happening right now. Looks to be about ~$150 for the whole set on ebay... just gotta find the right color and year.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
SideVinder650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

u know, now that you mention it, you could setup a sting. I know the guy would be stupid enough to try and steal the same bike twice, put an old scrap phone with a GPS app on it, inside the bike and charge it up nightly and try to get someone to steal it again and then track them the down....

Someone on this board was talking about doing it, and they said they had the bike and everything.

Advertisement