MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
queenmoka
BORC O.G!!!!!!
 
queenmoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,547

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Aprilliiaaaaaaa RSV4R
S1000RR...BORC owned!
The Ninja.....


Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
im thinking about selling my black leather jacket and get a white one, i think that'll help make a difference in keeping me a little cooler.
just go a little faster and you will stay cool
__________________
queenmoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great Somerville Ride today...30+ riders queenmoka Events, Meets and Rides 29 01-17-2014 10:41 PM
Sunday, 6/9/13 Ride to Somerville, TX jimrad Events, Meets and Rides 206 06-12-2013 02:38 AM
*** Sunday 14 Ride, Somerville *** Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 190 10-18-2012 12:04 AM
11/13 Sunday Noobie Somerville Ride jptshadow Events, Meets and Rides 99 11-15-2011 10:45 AM
10/30 Sunday morning Somerville ride jimrad Events, Meets and Rides 71 10-30-2011 06:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
just go a little faster and you will stay cool
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #43
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











* IMPORTANT: - NO PASSING THE GROUP LEADERS ..UNLESS, THE LEADER WAVES YOU BY....

This is done for safety reasons...

I am going to increase the distance between the groups to keep the groups from being tempted to play catch up...
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #44
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmoka View Post
just go a little faster and you will stay cool
haha i will , i need to come out and keep riding back road rides more often. its much different than track, also want to learn the roads better too. but so far no "oh " moments or anything
__________________
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #45
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
* IMPORTANT: - NO PASSING THE GROUP LEADERS ..UNLESS, THE LEADER WAVES YOU BY....

This is done for safety reasons...

I am going to increase the distance between the groups to keep the groups from being tempted to play catch up...
My bad. Group 3 turned into group 1... I shouldn't lead...
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #46
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
My bad. Group 3 turned into group 1... I shouldn't lead...
Yup! your group was lost and confused...spread out all over north Texas plains.... glad no one went down on FM 980..
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:23 PM   #47
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Yup! your group was lost and confused...spread out all over north Texas plains.... glad no one went down on FM 980..
We were all lost and confused. If I knew the route it would have been different. Glad everyone was safe. Hopefully next time it will be organized better.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #48
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
We were all lost and confused. If I knew the route it would have been different. Glad everyone was safe. Hopefully next time it will be organized better.
Yeah, FM 980 is a long stretch....when the groups broke of..the riders were spread out over miles...saw some guys alone..which is never good...of course there were no tight corners..but still..

We need to make sure no one is riding alone ever...thats why we need better group organization....

i will make smaller groups of 5 or 6 riders this time...that way its easier for the group to stick together.
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #49
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Yeah, FM 980 is a long stretch....when the groups broke of..the riders were spread out over miles...saw some guys alone..which is never good...of course there were no tight corners..but still..

We need to make sure no one is riding alone ever...thats why we need better group organization....

i will make smaller groups of 5 or 6 riders this time...that way its easier for the group to stick together.
Yes, plus that way we know who is in the group. We should have a ride buddy also.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #50
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
Yes, plus that way we know who is in the group. We should have a ride buddy also.
Badassvmax is riding 2up and had agreed to lead a group..If JeHurst comes, he can lead a group too..he has experience leading group rides..Dlite did an excellent job last time...his group was the most disciplined group..
Umayr did a good job with group 2 as well..,
So, we have plenty of good leaders...

I think you wanted to go play up front..
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #51
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Badassvmax is riding 2up and had agreed to lead a group..If JeHurst comes, he can lead a group too..he has experience leading group rides..Dlite did an excellent job last time...his group was the most disciplined group..
Umayr did a good job with group 2 as well..,
So, we have plenty of good leaders...

I think you wanted to go play up front..
I saw Umayr coming in my mirror.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #52
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






I might ride the 600 to slow down a bit.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #53
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .
 
jimrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bucee's
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,872

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7











Were you too fast for group 1?
__________________
SDRC.prez Safety Dedicated Rider
Cypress Area Riders
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #54
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Were you too fast for group 1?
I don't think so. But if I keep doing that pace on the street something bad will happen.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #55
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





ride safe man i never get crazy on the street, you can always step it up a notch at the track, i got behind you wanted to pass you but didnt want to make you sad/mad again because i know you dont want to ride in the same group as me. then also we hit all that gravel so I pulled over so I could warn the other riders about it so no one would go down.
__________________
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #56
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
ride safe man i never get crazy on the street, you can always step it up a notch at the track, i got behind you wanted to pass you but didnt want to make you sad/mad again because i know you dont want to ride in the same group as me. then also we hit all that gravel so I pulled over so I could warn the other riders about it so no one would go down.
It's ok if you pass me bro, just not in the same lane. Thanks for backing off, and warning other riders.
I ride to have fun.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #57
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigRR View Post
It's ok if you pass me bro, just not in the same lane. Thanks for backing off, and warning other riders.
I ride to have fun.
come play at the track more often! and for the 600.. im going to register my track bike so i can make it street legal so I can run it on the street here and there. my 929rr sucks compared to my r6
__________________
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:29 PM   #58
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,866

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






Quote:
Originally Posted by Umayr View Post
come play at the track more often! and for the 600.. im going to register my track bike so i can make it street legal so I can run it on the street here and there. my 929rr sucks compared to my r6
Will do when it cools down a bit.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #59
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





Oh here's the list if anyone needs it, i need to add a couple names anyway

1) Jimrad
2) Reese
3) Blanco- ZX10 wants to play
4) Tmax- Maybe
5) Umayr
6) Chuckster-Maybe
7)nastynesto85 +1
8)Absalom
9)oo_dro_oo (in but maybe 2up)
10) CraigRR - Maybe
11) Longdraw (Maybe)
12) debit_debit
13) TheBeeDeeGee
14) Rob
15) Zach
__________________
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #60
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Heads-up for some of you riding to meet spot

CHANGES COMING TO I-610/US 290 INTERCHANGE Major lane closures scheduled this weekend as crews switch traffic and prepare for bridge work

HOUSTON - Work is progressing at the I-610/US 290 interchange as more columns are being constructed for future bridges in the heart of the interchange. Crews will switch traffic and remove overhead sign structures this weekend, making room for the contractor to begin work on future bridge supports for the I-610/US 290 connector to I-10. Closures this weekend are:

. Sunday, June 30 at 5 a.m., through Noon, mainlanes of the I-610 North Loop westbound at T.C. Jester will be closed. Motorists will be detoured to the T.C. Jester exit. For I-610, stay on the frontage road and U-turn at Dacoma to the US 290 eastbound frontage road, turn left on 18th Street and enter I-610 on the right. For US 290, stay on the frontage road to freeway entrance past Mangum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"

Last edited by Bevo; 06-28-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy