MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadori View Post
yeah i was leaning towards the r6 just because of that

i guess it's between the r6 and cbr600rr

I know that it's kind of impossible to be for sure of a used bike's past history since people just may not report it, but aside from asking a seller how he/she maintains their bike, is there anything about the way they speak or behave that can give way to how they maintain their bike
I have hve ridden and owned 600RRs, newer and older and R6s and the 08 and up CBR was just much more street driving friendly from the rider position to the engine characteristics.

The 03 to 07 RRs are a little more pain in the to ride on the street than the 08 and up, especially the 03 and 04 RR, all top end and the most uncomfortable seat ever, very agressive ergos. The older R6 is much more easy to street ride and much more comfy than the older RRs.

Now the newer RRs and R6s switched and the RR became less agressive on the ergos making it more comfy to ride and motor with more juice on the lower RPMs more similar to the f4i which is an absolute peasure to ride on the street. The R6 became more aggressive on the ergos and the motor is all top end. You know they redline at like 50,000 RPMs

This is from personal experience and you would get used to either. After a while, you wouldnt even give it a second thought and would adjust.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
States You Have Ridden? BuckNut General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 08-05-2015 12:37 AM
Who Has Never Ridden Track, But Wants To? Snow Ridesmart Motorcycle School 39 07-05-2011 08:22 PM
to those who i know and have ridden with me... mx6er General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-26-2010 03:48 PM
How many of you have ridden on the track and??? ThomAss General Discussion (Moto Related) 48 03-24-2009 12:16 PM
Who's Ridden a SV1000 and Others. Wormgear Taking it to the Track 17 10-27-2008 10:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #22
Squid Spawn
Viva La SMRs!!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Currently on a 07 Yamaha R1
2010 BMW S1000rr(sold)
02 R1, 04 R1, 07 R6, 07R1 & 09 R1 all sold
94 CBR 6f2, 93 CBR 900rr, 97 CBR600f3 & 07 CBR 600rr(all sold
Big Wheel, Redline BMX, Peugeot PGN-10(speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Get a CBR, GSXR will put you into the squid category.

R6s tend to do this when you crash them.
Nuclear20Bomb20Mushroom20Cloud
Maybe....it's because a lot of racers use them?! Lol
Squid Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #23
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid Spawn View Post
Maybe....it's because a lot of racers crash them?! Lol
Agreed.

tejano? Rape me
Old 06-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #24
Chadori

i see, yeah i was watching this youtuber's pros and cons video on the cbr600rr and he said that the newer cbr600's are more street friendly, i think his was an 08
Chadori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #25
Squid Spawn
Viva La SMRs!!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Currently on a 07 Yamaha R1
2010 BMW S1000rr(sold)
02 R1, 04 R1, 07 R6, 07R1 & 09 R1 all sold
94 CBR 6f2, 93 CBR 900rr, 97 CBR600f3 & 07 CBR 600rr(all sold
Big Wheel, Redline BMX, Peugeot PGN-10(speed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I have hve ridden and owned 600RRs, newer and older and R6s and the 08 and up CBR was just much more street driving friendly from the rider position to the engine characteristics.

The 03 to 07 RRs are a little more pain in the to ride on the street than the 08 and up, especially the 03 and 04 RR, all top end and the most uncomfortable seat ever, very agressive ergos. The older R6 is much more easy to street ride and much more comfy than the older RRs.

Now the newer RRs and R6s switched and the RR became less agressive on the ergos making it more comfy to ride and motor with more juice on the lower RPMs more similar to the f4i which is an absolute peasure to ride on the street. The R6 became more aggressive on the ergos and the motor is all top end. You know they redline at like 50,000 RPMs

This is from personal experience and you would get used to either. After a while, you wouldnt even give it a second thought and would adjust.

Yes that is a nice and accurate. I also owned the 07 R6 and the 07 CBR 600rr and that's pretty much how I'd put it also! I just don't have enough space to put EVERY BIKE I've owned!
Squid Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
Scottie

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
FJR 1300
FZ6 (Raven)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_dro_oo View Post
Depends on how much you want to be trained before you get your bike. If you think you need it, by all means both. Both are the same price but i think awesome cycles will give you a discount if youre a forum member
The class from Awesome IS an MSF CLASS !! They are the same thing.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
Chadori

would anyone let me sit on their 600rr? I don't think i've ever even sat on a bike, the way you guys put it, i'm leaning towards the 600rr since everyone seems to agree on their reliability
Old 06-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #28
Challen
MSF Lead Instructor

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2000 ZX12R
2008 250R
2012 ZX10R

I think you should go do the MSF class................
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #29
Lucar

Member Garage

welcome sir, MSF COURSE FIRST.. then I'd suggest you get the bike that you want. getting an older 5-7 year older model would be best, since you will drop it on the driveway/road a few times getting to know your balance and walk it/park it at slow speeds. scratches and other road debrie will be evident in your first month of riding.
a 600 is a good starting bike, depending on how often you plan to ride. if it is for a daily driver, then riding a bike back and forth to work would be a dangerous adventure for a noob during rush hour.
try to hit the track asap. some people around say 1 track day= 1 year street riding
with that being said the more track you do the more experience you will gain, check out the sponsors/schools such as Ridesmart and fastline.
join as many SMR (Sunday Morning Rides - for noobs) as you can. always a great time to ride with fellows and get to know people in here face 2 face <---from FB, and places out there.
Good Luck, hope to meet you at an SMR!
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
oo_dro_oo

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
The class from Awesome IS an MSF CLASS !! They are the same thing.
Well i guess i meant the AC msf CLass and the mrh msf class
oo_dro_oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #31
Chadori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
welcome sir, MSF COURSE FIRST.. then I'd suggest you get the bike that you want. getting an older 5-7 year older model would be best, since you will drop it on the driveway/road a few times getting to know your balance and walk it/park it at slow speeds. scratches and other road debrie will be evident in your first month of riding.
a 600 is a good starting bike, depending on how often you plan to ride. if it is for a daily driver, then riding a bike back and forth to work would be a dangerous adventure for a noob during rush hour.
try to hit the track asap. some people around say 1 track day= 1 year street riding
with that being said the more track you do the more experience you will gain, check out the sponsors/schools such as Ridesmart and fastline.
join as many SMR (Sunday Morning Rides - for noobs) as you can. always a great time to ride with fellows and get to know people in here face 2 face <---from FB, and places out there.
Good Luck, hope to meet you at an SMR!
thanks man!!!

the bike won't technically be a daily driver, but it won't be parked all the time either, the thing is I'm moving to austin for school and i'll be living about a 7 minute walk away from the UT campus, my plan is to walk to school and whatnot, but if i need to go elsewhere for whatever, I wanna have a bike to take around
Old 06-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #32
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadori View Post
thanks man!!!

the bike won't technically be a daily driver, but it won't be parked all the time either, the thing is I'm moving to austin for school and i'll be living about a 7 minute walk away from the UT campus, my plan is to walk to school and whatnot, but if i need to go elsewhere for whatever, I wanna have a bike to take around

last but not least... I always recommend full coverage!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #33
Chadori

full coverage as in insurance or gear? LOl
Old 06-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #34
Lucar

Member Garage

Both.. happens..
Old 06-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #35
oo_dro_oo

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
Both.. happens..
Lol this ^^
oo_dro_oo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #36
Chadori

regarding insurance, would it be best to talk to the guy in the insurance section of this forum?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #37
tunaluna
Thread killer

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Ninja 250 sold
06 cbr F4i sold
04 gsx 600

Member Garage

Welcome! Take the msf class, I will be a sophomore at TX state next year so we can meet up and ride. As far as bikes go all the cool people have Honda F4i's....
Jk. As for the heat problem they have really good mesh gear at most of the sponsors places.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #38
Chadori

nice, i'm hoping to get the bike in late January or early feb.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #39
eltejano
I smell pretty

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaluna View Post
Welcome! Take the msf class, I will be a sophomore at TX state next year so we can meet up and ride. As far as bikes go all the cool people have Honda F4i's....
Jk. As for the heat problem they have really good mesh gear at most of the sponsors places.
I have yet to ride a better sportbike on the streets.
tejano? Rape me
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #40
Chadori

hopefully a good one will be up for sale at the end of the year

Advertisement