MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #61
1sickGixxer
if ur not 1st, ur last!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
none currently :-(
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
84' H-D potato.potato.(sold)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
Only looked at the pics,
but from the sounds of it you sound lucky to have came thru relatively unscathed (all things considered)

were you solo out on the road,
you mentioned a slew of people who helped were they riding aside of you or did this happen and they came afterward?

Im just trying to visualize the scene as it went down,
although i think i have a pretty good idea of what it takes for a drunk idiot to cause a 3+ car wreck.

hopefully this wasnt his first (seems like its prob not) can you believe drunk drivers get not 1,2, but 3 strikes before REAL jail time starts to happen...
Now i was with "Pacocruz" we had just split up from a ride with several other motohouston'ers. He texted everyone and they all came to help me out.

Both the car that got hit and the guy that hit them (which is where i got invoulved) were drunk.

Yeah i did get lucky but the real stiffness and pain is hitting me pretty hard today. (Now right and left hand is swollen and both ankels are pretty stiff, breathing much harder today as well (only on left side where its punctured) i want to cough but it hurts way too bad.

Idk if any of them had "prior's" but the people that got hit rode in ambulance with me were really bricks when i told them i had it all on video(their faces looked liked they seen a ghost). My wife overheard them asking their friends what are they gona do. I know they lied to the cops about how they were hit which is kinda strange.
1sickGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorcycle wreck on 290 ??? Silver Bullet General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-22-2007 07:56 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #62
SideVinder650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Sounds like a real bad accident and It seems like you narrowly escaped alot of unncessary injury

Did you have a moment of clarity before the bike fell? allowing you to plan a slide/roll?

or did you land a certain way to take the slide any certain way?

I often try to have a "plan" for how i would absolutely go down if it were out of my control do you think theres any way to minimize the risk in a future accident?

Have a Speedy recovery man, Thanks for sharing it helps to make my (our) ride as safe as possible!
Old 06-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #63
1sickGixxer

Bike(s):
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90degree View Post
Sounds like a real bad accident and It seems like you narrowly escaped alot of unncessary injury

Did you have a moment of clarity before the bike fell? allowing you to plan a slide/roll?

or did you land a certain way to take the slide any certain way?

I often try to have a "plan" for how i would absolutely go down if it were out of my control do you think theres any way to minimize the risk in a future accident?

Have a Speedy recovery man, Thanks for sharing it helps to make my (our) ride as safe as possible!
Yeah if that would have been me who took the initial blow, funeral plans might have been made instead of recovery plans.

That being said i still want to get back out there. You know what they say "get knocked down 7times, get back up 8!"

As far as how and what happened i want to keep that to myself until i speak to a lawyer and they tell me what to do. Ive seen many peeps get burned from social media sites and whatnot, i deff dont want to be one of them.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #64
Rorschach
SlowPoke

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
01 cbr929rr fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
Yeah if that would have been me who took the initial blow, funeral plans might have been made instead of recovery plans.

That being said i still want to get back out there. You know what they say "get knocked down 7times, get back up 8!"

As far as how and what happened i want to keep that to myself until i speak to a lawyer and they tell me what to do. Ive seen many peeps get burned from social media sites and whatnot, i deff dont want to be one of them.
Props to you bro, I see you're getting pretty active in the forum, like I told you that night, I will hush, bc it's you dealing with it bro, just 3 ppl know from what I said, wish you yhe best and a speedy recovery.

This city it's afraid of me...I have seen ITS true face.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #65
Copperhead

Quote:

You're really lively in the forum. I guess when you're healing and you got nothing else to do then that happens. Good luck though.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #66
Yanni

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha V-Star 1100
Yamaha YZ450F
Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Okay so i went back and ACTUALLY FOUND THE SD CARD that flew out of my go-pro.

So i just got back and tried to watch it and file said it was corrupt.
So i put back into go-pro and a weird fixing screen came up. So i just hit a button and turned camera off.
Loaded sd card back into computer and vid worked!
Then i scrolled to the end and 10secs before the wreck happened the video started OVER!
Meaning it wasnt on there.
ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME!

Two things could have happened 1.batt went dead or 2. When it fixed the file it cut off the ending.

Does anyone know how to dabble in pulling the files that might have been deleted?
If the FBI can do it surely someone knows someone who can help me out!

I am needless to say!

I can give it a shot if you want, you have to stop using the card though so it doesn't accidentally overwrite that section, IF it actually recorded anything. PM me if interested.

Glad you're ok btw...
Yanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #67
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

LAwyer and sue! The JC Lawyer guy here in the forum does PI cases.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #68
1sickGixxer

Bike(s):
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakocruz View Post
Props to you bro, I see you're getting pretty active in the forum, like I told you that night, I will hush, bc it's you dealing with it bro, just 3 ppl know from what I said, wish you yhe best and a speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
You're really lively in the forum. I guess when you're healing and you got nothing else to do then that happens. Good luck though.
Yeah i used to post only in the events,meets,rides section and rarely anywhere else when i joined back in 09'.

But now im like F' it, i still remember tango'ing with "racerx" when on one of my 1st threads or post. Haha he broke me in right!

And the reason why i hadnt been posting is cuz when the 6ixxer got totaled out, i just felt like a poser coming on here and posting. Plus i would have gotten jelly everytime a new ride was posted and i couldnt have gone (that is my experience and how i felt, if u dont have bike and still post i could care less, thats ur business and not mine) <-deff not trying to sound rude there and just merely stating how i felt.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 AM   #69
1sickGixxer

Bike(s):
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanni View Post
I can give it a shot if you want, you have to stop using the card though so it doesn't accidentally overwrite that section, IF it actually recorded anything. PM me if interested.

Glad you're ok btw...
PM sent
Old 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #70
1sickGixxer

Bike(s):
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

1.So today i got a lawyer,
2.met up with the cop who worked the sceen (hes on motohouston and was one of the coolest leo's ive ever meet) to get their policy # and my bike key back
3.Got my lung appt and my shoulder appt scheduled
4. Found out where my bike is and how much to get it back
5. Spoke with my health insurance about my coverage and whatnot

Tomorrow ive gotta:
1. Sign attorney paperwork so he can get started
2. Go to 1 doc appt
3. Call their insurance and file a claim
4. Get my bike picked up by mancuso so they can get started fixing it

Im sure there is more i just cant remember it right now.

I didnt realize how much of a pain this was gona be, but i am greatful that he had insurance and they did take him to jail on a DWI which really helps my case. It was kool that the cops seen through the other peoples (the ones that got hit 1st) bullshit and charged them at fault as well and knew that they had been drinking as well.

I just pray that my attorney is able to get my bike fixed, i get rembursed(sp) for all my medical bills and i get my gear replaced that got trashed.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #71
Boom7239
BOOM7239

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha r6
98 vtr 1000 aka 996
99 kawasaki ninja 250

man i was just over there coming home. glad your ok buddy focus on healing
Boom7239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #72
1sickGixxer

Bike(s):
13' ZX-14 (R.I.P)
07' sixxer (R.I.P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom7239 View Post
man i was just over there coming home. glad your ok buddy focus on healing
Yeah i just passed the sceen on the way home about 9pm'ish and was trying to play out the wreck in my head to see if i could have done something different. It was kind of painfull/uncomfortable and i wonder if i will always feel that way every time i take that corner?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #73
JC the Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
LAwyer and sue! The JC Lawyer guy here in the forum does PI cases.

Thanks for the props! Would love to help out in any way I can; either by answering questions or even meeting to talk.

Most importantly, I'm glad the rider is (relatively) ok and not more seriously injured.
JC the Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #74
JC the Lawyer

This may be a good place for some quick pointers for any of you who ever get injured in a wreck.

1. Pictures are your friend. Injuries develop over time and progress in varying degrees. Insurance companies know that juries are moved by pictures so document your injuries!

2. Until you've spoken with an attorney, do not talk to the insurance companies. That includes your insurance company and the negligent party's. This also includes "Third Party Administrators", "subrogation companies" or other "claims adjusters" (like The Rawlings Company, Ingenix, etc). They are designed to buddy up to you when you're vulnerable and unsure of your rights so that they can limit their financial exposure.

3. Don't brush off medical treatment. Humans are psychologically programmed to "dust off" and say "I'm ok!" when, actually, they're not. In the event medical treatment is necessary, accurately detail ALL of your injuries, aches and pain levels to your medical provider. If a doctor writes it down, it's worth its weight in gold. Conversely, if the doctor doesn't write it down, it didn't happen.

Hope that's all not tl:dr or off topic. I just don't want any riders to waive their rights and hurt themselves further.

Thanks.
JC the Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #75
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

! That's messed up. Glad that you are ok and still with us today.
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #76
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Yeah i just passed the sceen on the way home about 9pm'ish and was trying to play out the wreck in my head to see if i could have done something different. It was kind of painfull/uncomfortable and i wonder if i will always feel that way every time i take that corner?

Holy man I just read this and figured out who you were. I'm glad your ok bro and hate to hear this happened to you def glad you were geared up and the wife wasn't along on the ride when this happened.

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #77
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerider9 View Post
Hard to avoid even the sober ones sometimes. Glad you will live to ride another day!
serious!
so glad you lived to ride another day! thats to close

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement