MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > New Riders and MSF Course Info
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Dr Who

Feedback Rating: (0)

Study advice

Study advice: All right first off I am a noob at bikes. I have been on my wifeís 50 and a Yamaha 125 dual sport, which I believe was slower and had crappier brakes than the 50. So I can operate a bike and have basic concept of things . I want to take an MSF class soon. Not sure which one yet though. QUESTION: What is the best way to study for the DMV test. I donít want to half it and fail just because I only read the TDPS motorcycle operators manual. Are there test guides or what not available or does the class give enough info to make the test easy?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new study out of ucla.... Whorenet Off Topic 8 04-09-2008 02:06 PM
An interesting study AliceInChains02 Off Topic 4 07-23-2006 01:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
baxim

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2012 FZ6R
2010 ninja 250r

go over the numbers and use common sense.
baxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
IrvGotti421
IrvGotti"MadMan"Maserati

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZ6R total'd
2008 CBR 600rr Current bike
or
2016 CBR 600rr (lol)

personally the msf course will give all the knowledge inorder to take the permit test at the dmv if u take a few days after it will still be fresh in your mind other then that commen sense

Burn rubber, not your soul
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quema goma, no tu alma
IrvGotti421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
the questions asked in the written portion of the MSF class are similar/identical to those on the DPS test. Pass your MSF, and you should be ok to pass your license.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Dr Who

Great! Thanks guys. Now to pick a MSF class!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
mrh

license question

It's always a good idea to read thru the state Motorcycle Operator Manual before taking the test, even after completing the MSF course. It's a national curriculum and the DPS test is a state test. Wording is a little different for some things, and it's best to be familiar with how TX says things. We supply all graduates with a copy of the MOM.
We have a class in LaMarque that meets weekends and Mon-Tues. If we can be of help, let us know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MRH Header.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	69418  
mrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh View Post
It's always a good idea to read thru the state Motorcycle Operator Manual before taking the test, even after completing the MSF course. It's a national curriculum and the DPS test is a state test. Wording is a little different for some things, and it's best to be familiar with how TX says things. We supply all graduates with a copy of the MOM.
We have a class in LaMarque that meets weekends and Mon-Tues. If we can be of help, let us know.
This. There is a book that will supply all the answers. READ it. I did, and I found the test to be extremely simple. I didn't miss any questions on the computer part.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
Dr Who

Thanks, I did that yesterday. Time to start reading.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #9
myla296

Feedback Rating: (1)

You'll be fine, study signs...I think that one caught me since I thought that I knew all of them.

Random:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxim View Post
go over the numbers and use common sense.
LOVE that dog in avatar...I used to have a dog that looked like that, Champ...American Bulldog. RIP (old age got him)
myla296 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement