MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 06:41 AM   #21
RogerT
Marine & Army Dad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic FI 1500

you'll know when it is right
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New law for motorcycles in Texas 40mmrrsmith Motorcycle News & Media 2 03-05-2015 01:37 PM
Texas Law regards M/C's spliting lanes Gateman General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 04-02-2009 06:43 PM
Martial Law in Texas JRxGRUBZx Off Topic 67 03-03-2009 11:39 AM
Texas Helmet state law RojerLockless General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 07-02-2007 06:51 PM
must read, texas flee law witchdoctor575 Off Topic 39 03-02-2007 06:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2007, 07:09 AM   #22
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
put yourself on the otherside of the situation:

you aproach an atm to withdraw some of your hard earned cash, you dont see a woman standing there using the atm nor does she see you, you scare the out of her when you approach, rather than runing away, she can legaly smoke your dumb .
people are way too stupid and quick to act prior to thinking for this responsibility.
not a great example...if someone is at the atm with a gun they would have to have a chl. chl guidelines stay the same
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #23
Yokee
Shorty :(

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
13' CBR250
05' ZX6R 636 (sold)
Aprilia RS80 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Yokee Send a message via MSN to Yokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
and a day later this thread is reported
Sorry my bad
:BangHead:
Old 03-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:30 AM   #25
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerT
you'll know when it is right
and hopefully if you are toting guns around you have already made the decision on what would justify it to be right.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #26
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
you mis-read the hood explanation, the blunt roller used deadly force, because he thought you and your ho were trying to attack him.

rolling a blunt is illegal, therefore, the right to use deadly force is also illegal because the shooter is engaging in criminal activity. are you really that dense??

no one is saying that the use of deadly force should be used whenever someone is startled, only that now you don't have to flee, or attempt to flee first. they still expect you to only use deadly force when warranted. and if they feel it wasn't, then you can still face criminal charges. this law isn't giving anyone the chance to just go around shooting anyone that pops around a corner.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #27
josh302

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
rolling a blunt is illegal, therefore, the right to use deadly force is also illegal because the shooter is engaging in criminal activity. are you really that dense??
I'm glad you said that, sorry but youre wrong. I have personal proof of your ignorance. Prior to me holding a chl, I used to carry anyway(breaking the law, thus engaging in criminal activity) I was forced to use deadly force, it was justifed by the state of texas in the court of law as self defense.

but I see how you can misunderstand the law by reading a news paper article, and not the actual law.

Why the personal attack (dense)? just internet argument, I guess you may have goten heated over what you thought was right, and mis typed the statment above.

Last edited by josh302; 03-21-2007 at 02:20 PM.
josh302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #28
josh302

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
not a great example...if someone is at the atm with a gun they would have to have a chl. chl guidelines stay the same
I know what you are saying, the point I'm trying to make is the law covers everyone, not only the smart people. Imo stupid people make a large majority of the population in the US, law makers have to form laws based on this. Pretty soon we are going to be like the old west. Is south africa behind the US in evolution, or actually ahead.

My good friend that runs a body shop told me, in the last year they have repaired more bullet holes than in the 13 years they have been in business.

Many factors play a roll in the increased activity, such as the imagration of louisianna into texas and all that, but the fact still remains, people need more eduaction to help them understand the laws and how they acually safe-guard the citizens of this country.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #29
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

sorry.. but i have to shoot first.. get the details later..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #30
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
I'm glad you said that, sorry but youre wrong. I have personal proof of your ignorance. Prior to me holding a chl, I used to carry anyway(breaking the law, thus engaging in criminal activity) I was forced to use deadly force, it was justifed by the state of texas in the court of law as self defense.

but I see how you can misunderstand the law by reading a news paper article, and not the actual law.

Why the personal attack (dense)? just internet argument, I guess you may have goten heated over what you thought was right, and mis typed the statment above.
Josh, your situation is not the same as the blunt roller.....you were more justified as you were obviously not seen by the DA as the criminal in the situation. But the law does say that it is possible for criminal charges to still be filed, but only if they feel the shooter used deadly force unjustifiably (i.e., someone getting startled or scared, and shooting anyway.)
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #31
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

The law is ALWAYS circumstantial.....ALWAYS....
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #32
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

Quote:
ok, I know lack of education is no excuse for ignorance, so I will explain:

multiple scenarios for narrow minded people.

you walk out of an exxon with a bag of candy, as you passing by a parked car you accidently drop your candy, bend over and pick it up, the asian lady behind the wheel is so scared when she sees you suddenly apear from below her window she smokes you.

hood explanation:

person at the movies is in their whip rolling a blunt, minding their own business, you ROLL(walk) up on him with your ho, you are an OG so you walk your ho to her side of the whip, to open the door for her, the blunt roller is so startled by seeing two people at his door(which your whip is parked right next to) he smokes you and your ho. So in retaliation your boys have to roll to his set and so forth. you get the point.
Somebody has a paranoid imagination. :confused2
In any case dumbass that is unable to make good judgement, goes to jail and one less idiot is on the street.:icon_bigg
Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 AM   #33
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newspaper article
The building or vehicle must be occupied at the time for the deadly force provision to apply. And, the person using force cannot... be involved in criminal activity at the time.
therefore your blunt roller is NOT covered under law to use deadly force. only reason i am using personal attacks is because you felt it was justified to do it to others because you THOUGHT they were wrong.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #34
josh302

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

^ I kind of baited you with the blunt roller scenario, because the news paper article gives their version of the law, wich most people may interpret as fact. We all know how news papers only print the truth and all that, Ill find an atual copy of the bill and post it.

Advertisement