Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
BLiP

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

New bike added a slip on PCV or Bazzaz or is there a flash for the ecu

I got a 2013 ninja 636 put the m4 gp slip on got rid of the cat and stuff! sounds great but has a few hesitations through the power band so I need to remap it to get it right! My question is the power selector switch that comes on my bike from the factory will that still work? and also should I go autotune or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130605_155240.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	69326  
BLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ecu flash evogambino Performance and Modifications 8 10-21-2015 07:10 PM
Anyone know where I can get an ECU flash in houston? Adamhijazi1 Performance and Modifications 7 07-31-2015 12:09 PM
ECU Flash Recommendation XtremeRockstar Performance and Modifications 2 07-03-2014 06:13 AM
ECU Flash jimrad Performance and Modifications 13 03-23-2014 04:01 PM
ECU Flash pinball Performance and Modifications 2 02-24-2013 03:57 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Auto tune if you plan on make unserious changes. Mods or different fuel maps.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
BLiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Auto tune if you plan on make unserious changes. Mods or different fuel maps.
I was thinking auto tune would be awesome just wondering the real world differences between the pcv and the bazzaz units like ease of use and longevity of either unit I know the power commander has been around the longest. I not interested in the quick shifter or the traction control my bike came with traction control already and quick shifters dont intrest me!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I'm hooked on quick shifters
Old 06-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I prefer Power Commander over Bazzaz, but that's just my personal opinion.
The PC V Autotune set up is easy to use and works very well.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #6
BLiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I prefer Power Commander over Bazzaz, but that's just my personal opinion.
The PC V Autotune set up is easy to use and works very well.
I have been meaning to call up there and talk to you about it I ordered my exhuast from you guys. I guess I will have to start pricing it out.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

bazzaz hands down over PC5! the bazzaz controls alot more then the PC5 does and the ability to buy only 2 things to auto tune vs spend $$$$$$ on PC 5 to auto tune is nuts.

i've tuned plenty of bikes and the bazzaz is the way to go in my eyes. all personal preference and who is gonna be the one tunning your bike. a good thing to do is a have a base map done for you then go auto tune it on a dyno or go make a few spirited runs from 1st-5th gear and go back and let the auto tuner make the suggestions it needs.

my .02
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #8
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Bazzaz here too
Old 06-10-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
BLiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.337 View Post
bazzaz hands down over PC5! the bazzaz controls alot more then the PC5 does and the ability to buy only 2 things to auto tune vs spend $$$$$$ on PC 5 to auto tune is nuts.

i've tuned plenty of bikes and the bazzaz is the way to go in my eyes. all personal preference and who is gonna be the one tunning your bike. a good thing to do is a have a base map done for you then go auto tune it on a dyno or go make a few spirited runs from 1st-5th gear and go back and let the auto tuner make the suggestions it needs.

my .02
Its such a tough decision I keep hearing great things about both I def like the idea of autotune esp cuase of the ram air you can simulate that on a dyno thats real world situations lol
Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Autotune tunes while you're riding the bike. Bazzaz systems require you to make "test runs" and accept the map suggestions.

Im not partial to one or the other. I like em both. But one thing I can say is that the bazzaz quickshifter seems to have more issues than dynojet's.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #11
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Neither of the Auto Tunes make real time adjustments to the map you're running.
Both make a separate table of trim adjustments based on the difference between actual AFR and target AFR that you have to then go in within the software to accept.

The only things Bazzaz can adjust that A PC V doesn't is the secondary injectors, pretty much a non-issue unless you have a built engine, and it offers traction control on it's top line units, also something that's unnecessary on a 600.

My issues with Bazzaz are non-existent tech support and quality of components.
While I've seen failures from both brands, when you consider the overwhelmingly high ratio of Dynojet products compared to Bazzaz sold vs amount of failures from each, Bazzaz failures are more common.
I'll also add that while the PCIII had it's issues, the PC V has been pretty glitch free.

Like I stated earlier, it's definitely a preference thing, but for most bikes and even most race bikes w/o major motor mods I prefer the PC V.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I got excellent tech support from Bazzaz. I was trying to rig up a relay that switched me to the nitrous map when the solenoid fired. I wanted to leave on motor map and have it switch maps automatically. I came up with the relay idea. I called them a few times to get their opinion. This was in 09' and nobody had done what I was doing with their product as far as they knew. We discussed it and they agreed that it should work. My concern was the switch happening fast enough. They got together and decided it should be fine. They asked me to draw it up so they could have further discussions in case someone else asked. There is always a chance that they were interested in marketing it somehow, but they were very helpful and easy to get in touch with.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
BLiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Neither of the Auto Tunes make real time adjustments to the map you're running.
Both make a separate table of trim adjustments based on the difference between actual AFR and target AFR that you have to then go in within the software to accept.

The only things Bazzaz can adjust that A PC V doesn't is the secondary injectors, pretty much a non-issue unless you have a built engine, and it offers traction control on it's top line units, also something that's unnecessary on a 600.

My issues with Bazzaz are non-existent tech support and quality of components.
While I've seen failures from both brands, when you consider the overwhelmingly high ratio of Dynojet products compared to Bazzaz sold vs amount of failures from each, Bazzaz failures are more common.
I'll also add that while the PCIII had it's issues, the PC V has been pretty glitch free.

Like I stated earlier, it's definitely a preference thing, but for most bikes and even most race bikes w/o major motor mods I prefer the PC V.
I guess I should go with the PC V I don't have secondary injectors Kawi did away with them for the 13 636 models and I already have TC from the factory and yea I dont need it for the most part but when I leave it on its lowest setting it keeps me on 2 wheels which is awesome becuase cops dont like wheelies and I really like to wheelie. So will the dual maps still work on my bike with the PC V?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #14
Mr.337
skinny kid racing ftw

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600 race bike
03 KX 6five (TMGP bike)
07 R6 street (sold)
09 r6 race bike (sold)

traction control is a must for rain races

just figure out who's gonna do your tuning bud and get what they know best. since it's a street bike you wont be fully using all the power your bike is gonna make anyways. auto tuning on the track is the way to go for me.

the auto tuner is also nice because you can set your target AFR to what spec you want and depending on the weather that day or altitude/humidity it will make small adjustments. However dont always trust EVERY change it wants to make it does take some knowledge on tuning and what you will get as a result of that change is necessary.
CMRA #979
TMGP #979 F5 2013 F5N & Backwards N class champ
I flash Yamaha ECU's
Mr.337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #15
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiP View Post
So will the dual maps still work on my bike with the PC V?
Yes.

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090

Advertisement