Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 AM   #41
straight shooter
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Sure, dont play by the rules then dont play at all ^^^^^^
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Squids! BadApple Off Topic 14 01-09-2009 10:46 AM
SQUIDS! atizzle Off Topic 13 06-01-2007 08:37 AM
Magazine for squids by squids? jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 08-23-2006 08:52 AM
Look at all these squids together Marcu$Brooks Off Topic 12 07-10-2006 04:50 AM
Old 03-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #42
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Originally Posted by bdmpastx

Personally, I think that they should pass a law stating that medical treatment will not be performed on individuals that choose to not wear a seatbelt or a helmet.
dont agree with that... what about the dumb fk parents who dont put thier kids in booster/car seats and/or a seat belt... some times its not the indivisuals fault
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 AM   #43
The Cripple

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

I didn't say that my opinion would be accepted by the general public. And this is why they have the laws on the books for helmets. Most of the people that refuse to wear them are not responsible enough to carry insurance. So those of us that have jobs, pay our taxes as well as pay for insurance have to foot the bill. The bill is a very steep one. One simple injury or crash can send bills over the 1 million dollar mark. Who ends up paying for it? We all do. So we are forced to have laws enforced upon us. Like people that smoke, drink, do drugs etc. There are laws in place for those items too. As long as we have people behaving irresponsible and expect help from the government we will have laws. These laws are not really to protect you, they are to protect you and me from paying out the for someone’s irresponsible behaviors in an attempt to curb them.

As for the kids not in a car seat or seatbelt, that is agreed upon. They should continue to get medical assistance. I guess I didn’t get super legal on the statement.

For those that disagreed, I bet if you knew that you wouldn’t get medical help in the event of a crash you would wear your helmet. So I’ll make my statement a little more legal.

In my personal opinion,
I think that there should be a law that refuses medical assistance if you refuse to wear a head safety device (Helmet) while operating or occupying a motorcycle or an active restraining device (seatbelt) while operating or occupying a motor vehicle. At which time the law wouldn’t prevent you from getting you medical assistance if you carried your own medical insurance, or if you were not a person of legal age (under 18) while not wearing a helmet or seatbelt. That way you still have the choice to wear them or not. Then it would be up to the insurance to determine if they should cover you or not based off of your behaviors.
My wheelchair doesn't have chicken strips
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote