MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #21
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by falxzzr
they arent making 636 anymore, the new 07 kawa zx6 is the bike to beat~
I already ridden one on the track when I went to laguna. Its a nice bike, but nothing to write home about in terms of power compared to the 636. What makes up for the small loss in power is the new transmission, very smooth unlike the 05-06 models.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ninja zx6r VS yamaha r6 cyberone28 Off Topic 61 04-10-2012 05:37 PM
Kawasaki ZX-10R & ZX-6R BLOW OUT!!! TMPSW Team Mancuso Powersports SOUTHWEST 14 12-04-2011 04:50 PM
Got a new toy!!! ('01 Ninja ZX-6R) Zapata General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 11-23-2009 10:53 PM
Battery type for Ninja ZX-6R??? Zapata How To's and Q & A's 3 11-21-2009 06:51 PM
CBR600RR V ZX-6R V GSXR600 V Daytona 675 V R6 Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 03-14-2008 09:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #22
MACK
I'm voice activated

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda CBR 954RR Fireblade
'03 Yamaha Zuma 50
'03 Hoe owne 24...biach
and your maum'z!!!

Member Garage

Yamaha R6-Podiem-1-2-3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------kawi,......"good run man, almost had him, If he had...you would'a won. That fukin prov got in you're way!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #23
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
:-(

Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
When you get here, look at them both. Sit on them both. Check out the prices and then just pick one. Don't worry about all those HP/TQ and performance stats. They're pretty much irrelevant unless you're a top notch rider capable of extracting every last ounce of performance out of your machine...and even then it can come down to which one simply gives you the most confidence. With that said, if performance is a big factor for you, then look at WHERE in the powerband the bikes make their power and choose which one you like more. R6 is all top end power. Zx-6R has much more midrange.

The new R6 (which I own) is a phenomenal bike and extremely fast, but you have to work harder to get it to perform (read: keep that sucker above 10k rpms at all times when trying to go fast).

If you're riding on the street only...then pick which one looks the best to you and the one you feel most comforable on when you sit on it.

Just my 2 cents.
Derek Steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:58 PM   #24
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by datbikrgrl_x
I have to admit...the R6 looks pretty sick but...dun, dun, dun...I'm afraid the ZX-6R is going to outperform.

Here are the facts as indicated in Motor Cyclist Magazine:

Measured hp (@rpm) / Measured torque (lb.-ft. @rpm)
R6 - 113.0 @ 14,500 / 43.8 @ 11,500

ZX-6R - 111.4 @ 13,000 / 48.2 @ 11,000

And last but not least:

1/4 mile comparison (sec. @mph)

R6 - 11.02 @ 127.5

ZX-6R - 10.84 @ 129.9

Granted...not too much difference but yammi had its day and needs to step up again. For that fact...I would actually suggest HONDA or Kawi right now until Yammi gets back in the game. Good look but needs improvement. Of course...try em on for size though...you can't really go wrong with any of them! Thats my $.02. Ride safe!
UHmmm none of that matters to be honest. hp trap times none that. the rider is the only thing that matters with these new bikes. I know people with a 99 r6 that will kill a person with a 2007 zx6r or 2007 r6

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:10 AM   #25
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Both bikes are badass so it really comes down to which one is more comfortable for you. Sit on each one and then make a decision
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #26
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAnKtheTaNk
i bought the new zx6r (the first one in houston to be exact) and i absolutely love it.
That doesnt stop you from loving the though:laughing6
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:47 AM   #27
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already

ok ok ok, heres what you really do, your coming home for a WHOLE 2 weels for R&R,...........WAIT until you get back from your whole tour before buying a bike, you can go rent a bike, , rent a couple of them, but wait to buy, your gonna go back for atleast another 6 months and maybe by then they might have the 08s out, so really man, just wait, i know that money will be burning a whole in your pocket, but the freedom of being home for 2 weeks will but you in the ground if your not careful.

trust me, been there done that, i came home for R&R, Rode my buddies bike, when my tour was over, went and got my first street bike.

IM TELLING YOU MAN, REALLY, JUST WAIT. really, just rent one.

just my .02 cents
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 AM   #28
julz005

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'12 CBR 1KRR
'05 GIXXER 600 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to julz005
thanx for all the info fellas ....and ladies. much to think about. one thing though, if i was looking to rent a bike where could u do that. sounds like something i might try out.
julz005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:18 AM   #29
datbikrgrl_x

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
UHmmm none of that matters to be honest. hp trap times none that. the rider is the only thing that matters with these new bikes. I know people with a 99 r6 that will kill a person with a 2007 zx6r or 2007 r6
You are so right...of course! What was I thinking?!?!? Size doesn't really matter...does it? Just how you use it... BWAH HA HA HA :laughing6
Old 03-21-2007, 09:53 AM   #30
Yamadude
Speed Changes You

Bike(s):
R6

Thats like asking us which pair of pants feels better on you. Its something you will have to figure out yourself. I personally like Yamaha.
Yamadude is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement