MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
Swoop

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Kawasaki 636 2005
CBR 600rr 2001

Leftovers from the year before...i paid $7200 for my 05 636 brand new from a dealership. My last 3 bikes have been leftovers. If you want new? If not there are always great deals on used bikes if you just do some work to find them.
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valve inspection(time to buy a new bike) Flip Flop How To's and Q & A's 96 03-22-2015 09:38 AM
Purhcased a bike at a Dealership- Need some guidance Los General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 11-05-2014 10:09 AM
anyone work for a bike dealership? triumphant675r General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 11-22-2010 12:47 PM
Time to buy another bike need help Gsxracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-03-2010 09:39 PM
Best time to buy a bike... aboo007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 10-20-2008 02:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #22
Rowdy76

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2013 Kawi Ninja 300 ABS

Member Garage

I bought a new bike in April of this year. It was a 2013. I called every dealer in a 250 mile radius and got a quote (if they would give one over the phone). If they would not just scratched them off the list to even consider buying from.

Once I had all my prices .. I called the closest dealer and told them .. this is the best price I found .. can ya beat it. They did and I bought the bike. Now I paid cash but I would not tell them you are financing until you get a number. I know people think this is deceiving but I firmly believe they will boost the number because paying something over time people will tend not to have as much "sticker shock" than if paying cash and unassing all that money.

Good luck on the purchase and dont be against a drive to Dallas or a little further to save a couple thousand cause it could happen. Try to support the local dealers first but if they are not willing to deal then you gotta go where the best price is. Cycle Trader will give you a good list of dealers in the range you choose.

Also ... on Cycle Trader .. put in 2012 you will see some dealers still have them new and making deals to get rid of the inventory.

Last edited by Rowdy76; 06-01-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Rowdy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #23
Stricken55
Zoom Zoom

Bike(s):
12' Stratoliner Deluxe
RC51 SP2
FZ6R (sold)
SV650 (sold)
KLX250SF (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy76 View Post
I bought a new bike in April of this year. It was a 2013. I called every dealer in a 250 mile radius and got a quote (if they would give one over the phone). If they would not just scratched them off the list to even consider buying from.

Once I had all my prices .. I called the closest dealer and told them .. this is the best price I found .. can ya beat it. They did and I bought the bike. Now I paid cash but I would not tell them you are financing until you get a number. I know people think this is deceiving but I firmly believe they will boost the number because paying something over time people will tend not to have as much "sticker shock" than if paying cash and unassing all that money.

Good luck on the purchase and dont be against a drive to Dallas or a little further to save a couple thousand cause it could happen. Try to support the local dealers first but if they are not willing to deal then you gotta go where the best price is. Cycle Trader will give you a good list of dealers in the range you choose.

Also ... on Cycle Trader .. put in 2012 you will see some dealers still have them new and making deals to get rid of the inventory.
I did the same thing and drove to Dallas. The dealers over there were willing to negotiate unlike here in Houston.
Stricken55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #24
JudasViet

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR600RR
1998 Honda CBR600F3 (Sold)

You guys think this is a good deal for a 2011?

http://www.wildwesthonda.com/2011-Ho...PC4007BK400276
JudasViet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasViet View Post
You guys think this is a good deal for a 2011?

http://www.wildwesthonda.com/2011-Ho...PC4007BK400276
I bet you could get it lower, Its almost 3 years old. Worth a shot though. Money def talks.
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement