MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 03:45 PM   #41
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shaking issue Squidward General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 01-05-2014 08:27 PM
Title issue - Please HELP PinkDawnCBR600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-26-2012 09:49 PM
Bike Issue Jdmikee General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 10-13-2012 09:23 PM
Issue Grimace Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 3 10-25-2011 11:48 PM
Computer issue : ( Grimace Off Topic 3 06-12-2011 07:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2007, 10:25 AM   #42
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Aight... so the lowdown is the motor spun a bearing. booo. If anyone knows of a cheap zx7 or zx9 motor LET ME KNOW PLEASE.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #43
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killing Hours
Hello motohouston-

I've run into quite a pickle this weekend. I purchased a 94 Ninja zx7 from a dealer (I think). He told me that the only issue wrong with it was that the carborater was nasty due to it setting for 7 months. Now less than 24 hours after me having it and on the first test ride after me owning it.. the bike throws a rod. Talk about heated. I finally get the chance to afford a bike and it's useless 24 hours later. Anyhow, i need some advice on how to approach the situation as far as my rights (lemon law) or anything else i might be missing. Thanks.
Unless he sold you some type of warranty for the bike you are SOL
Old 03-22-2007, 10:50 AM   #44
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
I've sent an email and tried to call. The thing about it is... when i got home and started looking over the paperwork (title and all) it shows the previous owner being an individual and not that dealship that i bought it from. I am still waiting on a response from him to see if he is going to attempt to correct it or if he is going to try to play hardball with me. Something about the whole thing seems quite fishy.
its a little late to decide things are fishy with the paperwork etc etc

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #45
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r
BULLSHIT...They need to get off their lazy and fix their stuff ...
:laughing6 thread jack and direction turn

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM   #46
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
Unless he sold you some type of warranty for the bike you are SOL
Well i know that by this point... Thanks for the encouraging words though.. But now we are looking for a zx7 or zx9 motor for a decent price. Why you may ask... because he is being a good sport about the issue and working with me to correct the bad situation. There are some good people out there and i can't ask him to take the full brunt of this seeing how he didn't know nor did I. It's a just a bad buy on his part and on mine. But the end of the road stops with me and at least he's not being a about the whole thing and trying to work to get it corrected. Speaks millions for his personality. You live and learn and hopefully next time won't be this bad.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #47
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

well he seems to be an upstanding kinda guy. glad to hear he's helping you out on it.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 AM   #48
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
GL finding a motor. Union Cycle Salvage had one still in a wrecked bike last year when I was looking for a motor. He wanted 1K for a motor that had 23+K miles on it....I found mine luckily through Powersports of Houston and it had just under 8K on the motor and he only wanted $600 for it. Plus my old motor is there when I need it for parts now :laughing6 :laughing6 If you get fed up with looking for a motor, let me know. I'll still make you an offer on the plastics... If I find anything, I'll let you know. These bikes are no longer a dime a dozen and hard to find old motors (most have been sold or wrapped around a tree or something). It's like supply and demand bud....I found a ton of 2 and 3 yr old motors for different models and they were cheaper than the 11 yr old motor I was looking for. It gets frustrating. My bike sat for a yr before I came across my current motor. If I see anything, I'll let you know....try posting on kawiforums.com
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:35 PM   #49
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Man... I called Union Cycle and he has a zx7 and said it ran fine an all but the problem is this... If i buy a used motor i could be right back in the same situation in a few day/weeks/months ... who knows. I can repair the one i have now but that is the last option i want to use. Really i would like to find a zx9 motor thats decently priced so i can have the 7 in the shop getting a makeover and keep that around for a rainy day.

Oh... btw.. here is a link to a guy that is selling a zx7 (zx9 motor) that has some mods done to it but the bike was just to pricey for me for it's age. ($5,200) But he may be able to find ya some plastic. He really likes these bikes and has another one plus parts. Give it a shot.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/295752449.html

Last edited by Killing Hours; 03-22-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Killing Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #50
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Man... I called Union Cycle and he has a zx7 and said it ran fine an all but the problem is this... If i buy a used motor i could be right back in the same situation in a few day/weeks/months ... who knows. I can repair the one i have now but that is the last option i want to use. Really i would like to find a zx9 motor thats decently priced so i can have the 7 in the shop getting a makeover and keep that around for a rainy day.

Oh... btw.. here is a link to a guy that is selling a zx7 (zx9 motor) that has some mods done to it but the bike was just to pricey for me for it's age. ($5,200) But he may be able to find ya some plastic. He really likes these bikes and has another one plus parts. Give it a shot.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/295752449.html
You can always get a service manual and do it yourself. You can save on some money by pulling the motor and getting the parts yourself. You let then let the mechanic actually change out the bearings. But thats only if you have the mechanical ability to do all of that.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #51
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 03-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #52
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Old 03-22-2007, 11:54 PM   #53
TLLuvr

Bike(s):
A few of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
You can always get a service manual and do it yourself. You can save on some money by pulling the motor and getting the parts yourself. You let then let the mechanic actually change out the bearings. But thats only if you have the mechanical ability to do all of that.

Sounds good but his motor is already disassembled.
TLLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #54
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLuvr
Sounds good but his motor is already disassembled.
thats half the battle, throw some bearings in there and git er done.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:08 AM   #55
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:21 AM   #56
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 im sorry but that had me rollin when i read that!
I didn't even realize that, BUT.....I have to admit I beat the ever living sh*t out of the original motor (plus a lack of maintenance didn't help). Don't get me wrong, I still womp on my new motor, but I do change the oil at least every 2K miles.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:33 AM   #57
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Thread Jack?... good thing my thread has a lowjack on it... huh Asylum.

Update* Supposedly Brandon found a motor in Cali and is waiting for it to be checked out before buying. Now let me explain what this man has done for me. He has come to my house and picked the bike up in the dawn hours, Searched and found a motor, And is willing to pay for the motor and for it to be shipped here. How the **** can you top that. That goes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y beyond what i could have ever dreamed of. I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone here that to me... that is the most commendable sales man i have ever seen or dealt with in my life. (and probably ever will see). It's so nice to know that good people are still out there. TLLuvr is also working wonders to make sure this new rider is back up and on the road ASAP. You can bet your they are the only two people i plan to deal with for some time to come. That just blows me away. THANKS!!

If you get the chance... thank these two men for their dedication. Those two are true good hearted men.

Ghostrider = Brandon <----bought the bike from him.
TLLuvr = Todd <--------- doing the hardwork.

Last edited by Killing Hours; 03-23-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Killing Hours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 AM   #58
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

NOICE!!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:43 AM   #59
Killing Hours
Derka Derka

Bike(s):
94' zx7

Hey dbuck... did you call that guy from craiglist??
Old 03-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #60
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

No, I gotta make sure mine still works after I get it back together tomorrow. I had a chain snap 2 weekends ago and it got caught up in the front sprocket only to find out it cracked the tranny cover. Should be no biggie and I'll be on two again tomorrow I hope (knocking on wood)

Advertisement