MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #61
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Get well soon! Chica!!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Almost T-boned a squid SilverBullet General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-10-2015 02:03 PM
I got t-boned today :( Squidward General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 09-26-2013 08:02 PM
Big boned... cedestech Off Topic 29 06-07-2012 01:52 PM
Just got t-boned on s gessner zombiejesus Off Topic 14 04-23-2010 04:47 PM
So I just almost t-boned a cop... Vandals General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 07-30-2007 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #62
Karen
Failure is not an option
 
Karen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SE-Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 782


Bike(s):
03 r6 limited edition/???









Send a message via Yahoo to Karen
Wow sorry to hear hope you get well soon
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:38 PM   #63
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,504

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






what was the girls name who ran wide? girl in my wife's class said she did that this past weekend, though on an R1?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert95z
MSF is good for people who have never rode and a good refresher course for people who havnt rode in a while.

I took the MSF course and I didnt learn anything I already knew. Wheres the horn button? uh got it...

I think MSF is a excellent course for those kinds of people, but if he/she never took the course and wrecks, well I dont think we can point the blame cause she didnt take a little 3 day course that involves manuvering cones in a controlled enviornment.
you can goto class to learn something or you can goto class knowing everything in which case you won't learn a thing. most peeps that "know everything" are 18-23 and have been riding for 5-6 months.

and if 90% of motorcycle deaths are people who are self taught or taught by family and friends, MSF must be doing something right.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #64
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,275

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 50cc chick
oh!! well dont' fell bad b/c javi was able to help out, just pray for a fast recovery!!
any update in any broken bones? ( hope not) if not hope fast recovery
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #65
Slingblade92
Azzhole
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Deer Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 224

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
94 CBR 600









Hope she's doing good and recovers quickly.

All else who's picking her apart, F off, happens. At least she's not down for good.
Slingblade92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #66
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,275

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





u know

i really have to say this. i know wrecking sucks. and i know all of u peeps are saying that not for being mean, but to let her know her mistakes

but. at the same time, is not the right time to teach riding lessons

is to be around her wishing her fast recovery, then the lessons comes later

is not a rant just a comment, and really why in every thread have to be name calling and even bad arguments

can we understand we all think different? with diferent skill level?

this is the best forum i have ever been and i hate it when ppl just use a thread to type the opposite to what the other one typed

lets get along ppl. lets keep this forum the best , sorry for the book
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #67
amber|alexis
Senior Member
 
amber|alexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,367

Experience: 4 years






Member Garage





ouch that sucks, get well soon!

MSF does help a lot - lots of stuff I didn't know before I took it that I never would've thought to do like "look in the direction youre turning" because if you don't you'll have a tendency to go that way.
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #68
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,478












Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber
ouch that sucks, get well soon!

MSF does help a lot - lots of stuff I didn't know before I took it that I never would've thought to do like "look in the direction youre turning" because if you don't you'll have a tendency to go that way.
ding ding ding
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:49 AM   #69
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Oh my, can't we all just get along?????
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #70
Javi
Siempre positivo..
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,515












Quote:
Originally Posted by pester
i really have to say this. i know wrecking sucks. and i know all of u peeps are saying that not for being mean, but to let her know her mistakes

but. at the same time, is not the right time to teach riding lessons

is to be around her wishing her fast recovery, then the lessons comes later

is not a rant just a comment, and really why in every thread have to be name calling and even bad arguments

can we understand we all think different? with diferent skill level?

this is the best forum i have ever been and i hate it when ppl just use a thread to type the opposite to what the other one typed

lets get along ppl. lets keep this forum the best , sorry for the book
+1
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #71
AKA
Senior Member
 
AKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 304

Experience: 2 years











wishing you a fast recovery, i'll be thinking of ya.... i am new to this as well and had mine about a month ago (not as serious as being t-boned), chaulk it up as experience, it happens to the best of us.
AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #72
newdude
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: s.e. side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11


Bike(s):
20th anni gsxr 750









that sux get well soon girl
newdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #73
Stormrider
FLY BY U
 
Stormrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 507


Bike(s):
05 CBR600RR









Well for all those who have wished me well THANK YOU SO MUCH! MEANS A LOT TO ME and to those who have been talking out of their a$$ instead of their mouth Let me give you what happened because I'm the only ONE who knows what happened Since IM THE ONE who got HIT. I dont know where you all got curves from but unless a straight away is considered a curved than okay LOL.

I was riding along with my honey David on Bissonette heading towards 59 about almost 2 blocks away from the intersection when the accident happened. David was in front of me and I was on the furthest right lane GOING STRAIGHT Bissonette when on on the left hand side at a u turn section where cars can turn left/ right i saw a white car waiting for the traffic flowing my side of the road to clear but than coming quickly to that u turn section i saw a red car failing to yeild taking the left turn hitting me on my left side. This all happened Really FAST but im trying to put it in slow motion for you all to understand and picture what happened. When I saw her coming towards me I didnt have anymore space to move or go. I was wearing full gear. My helmet saved my life completly. What happened was that since the impact was on the left when the car smashed into my leg the foot peg went through my Alpine star boot and ended up tearing up my tendons and broke my 1st metatarsal. I will recover fine with Gods help and continue going to college. I feel blessed being alive and surrounded by people who really care about me.

Also for the record, I did take an MSF course at Awesome cycles last year in March. I dont push my luck and consider myself a safe rider since i have the best teacher anyone can have, David Le.

I got home from the Hospital today, once again thank you for all those who wished me well and called me and David. Bless you all.

Daisy
__________________
[COLOR="blue"]David Le
Finance Manager
BMW of Houston North
[ :icon_smil :icon_smil
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #74
nihaikitty
Squidette
 
nihaikitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,681

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650








glad to hear that you're ok!
i hope the insurance companies are on your side on this one!
__________________
Marlena
nihaikitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:08 PM   #75
Bug-Slapper
Member
 
Bug-Slapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 25


Bike(s):
Suzuki GSXR-1000K5









Hope you get well soon. keep your chin up.
__________________
____________________________________________
... Keeping the wind on my back
Bug-Slapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:49 PM   #76
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster
 
Sassy Chassis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: All up in there where them planes is
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,124

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821









Ugh! The "left-turner" got you...that sucks. Get well soon Daisy!
__________________
indecision may or may not be my problem
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #77
jrock
straight shooter
 
jrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: back n H-Twn
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,684

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One








Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Hope you heal fast. Sorry for all the commentary from the peanut gallery.
__________________
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #78
Javi
Siempre positivo..
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,515












Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider
Well for all those who have wished me well THANK YOU SO MUCH! MEANS A LOT TO ME and to those who have been talking out of their a$$ instead of their mouth Let me give you what happened because I'm the only ONE who knows what happened Since IM THE ONE who got HIT. I dont know where you all got curves from but unless a straight away is considered a curved than okay LOL.

I was riding along with my honey David on Bissonette heading towards 59 about almost 2 blocks away from the intersection when the accident happened. David was in front of me and I was on the furthest right lane GOING STRAIGHT Bissonette when on on the left hand side at a u turn section where cars can turn left/ right i saw a white car waiting for the traffic flowing my side of the road to clear but than coming quickly to that u turn section i saw a red car failing to yeild taking the left turn hitting me on my left side. This all happened Really FAST but im trying to put it in slow motion for you all to understand and picture what happened. When I saw her coming towards me I didnt have anymore space to move or go. I was wearing full gear. My helmet saved my life completly. What happened was that since the impact was on the left when the car smashed into my leg the foot peg went through my Alpine star boot and ended up tearing up my tendons and broke my 1st metatarsal. I will recover fine with Gods help and continue going to college. I feel blessed being alive and surrounded by people who really care about me.

Also for the record, I did take an MSF course at Awesome cycles last year in March. I dont push my luck and consider myself a safe rider since i have the best teacher anyone can have, David Le.

I got home from the Hospital today, once again thank you for all those who wished me well and called me and David. Bless you all.

Daisy

Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #79
BrutusTx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Glad your home and hope you have a speedy recovery.


Had to come back and post my two cents about the MSF........I took it 2 years ago for the first time......when I was 46 yrs old. Been riding off and on for a long time (25 years) but I thought it would be a smart thing to do.
Let's see.......$10,000 bike,(160 HP and 190+ MPH Busa), $1,000 in gear, $150 class is pretty cheap. And I learned a lot......

Last edited by BrutusTx; 03-21-2007 at 10:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:23 PM   #80
hfa3g11
OG
 
hfa3g11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 2,543

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2005 Honda CBR600RR Tribal Edition *retired*








Send a message via AIM to hfa3g11
glad youre ok daisy.
hfa3g11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy