MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I meant to mention that earlier
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leather Cleaning/Dry Cleaning/Repair xsv Gear Talk 8 05-01-2014 08:25 PM
Anyone sitting near here?? ducwife75 General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 04-20-2013 10:20 PM
bike just sitting... cwest22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-05-2010 08:29 AM
bike is sitting jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 03-15-2006 04:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
Joecango
Yes, its fast!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'02 GSXR 1k
'97 HD Lowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by darranwil View Post
I'm a big believer in Marvel Mystery Oil. I've read reports of siezed engines with a little poured in the top, let sit over night, free the next day. I'd change the oil and filter, add some mystery to the gas, oil, tranny, and in the top. Run it a few times, drain and replace with fresh pure oil. Then maybe some Sea Foam through the intake till it almost chokes. Let sit, then burn the Sea Foam out. I like Lucas oil as well but have only run that in harley engines.

I usually run a bottle of lucas over 3-4 tanks on my xb12 every couple of months. When I cracked her open recently for this tranny bearing issue it was very clean inside. Pete was really surprised how clean it was and that crosshatching still looked great. I'm actually in the process right now of running a tank of gas and mystery through the baby buell I just rebuilt to break her in.
+1 on the Marvel Mystery Oil bro. I use it on any engine that has sat for long periods. Pull the plugs, pour some in and let it sit and then either turn the crank slowly by hand or just bump the motor a little and let it sit some more. And of course fresh oil, plugs and filter without a doubt. Seafoam is some good stuff too. I bought a bike that sat for a year and after I got it running I ran a few tanks with some Seafoam mixed in and it cleaned up nice and ran like new. I still use it on my GSXR and Harley if they start running a little rough and it always helps.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #23
Jason_Canuck

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one

Spray Fogging Oil into cylinder.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-Dominance View Post
hmm I'll have to look into that stuff.

When you say "pour over the top" are you meaning pour into the top end? or once the head is removeD?
Yup, or through spark plug holes, just a little to get into the rings.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #25
darranwil
Rev_Psilocybe

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2004 Buell Xb12s
2002 Buell Blast-(sold)
87 Honda Rebel 450 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecango View Post
+1 on the Marvel Mystery Oil bro. I use it on any engine that has sat for long periods. Pull the plugs, pour some in and let it sit and then either turn the crank slowly by hand or just bump the motor a little and let it sit some more. And of course fresh oil, plugs and filter without a doubt. Seafoam is some good stuff too. I bought a bike that sat for a year and after I got it running I ran a few tanks with some Seafoam mixed in and it cleaned up nice and ran like new. I still use it on my GSXR and Harley if they start running a little rough and it always helps.
I've found the o-rings and seals in fuel pumps seem to last longer when usuing Marvel once in a while. Lucas Oil I tried on a whim and it seams to really smooth out the Buell/Harley. It's hard to explain but it just sounds and feels like the engine is just "buttery" lol?!

I use seafoam in my car once a year when doing plugs and fluids. Choke it out, let sit 5 mins, start her up and smoke out the hood for 15 mins till she runs smokeless. Like a brand new engine, Everytime.

I haven't tried seafoam through the intake or crank case vacuum line yet on the bikes.

Marvel is good for cleaning fuel injectors too. Not as good as fuel injector cleaner but it will work, just takes longer. I had a clogged rear injector on the xb12 after the store closed. Pulled both and soaked in Marvel over night. Next morning tested both with a home made rig (12v wall wart, switch, 2 aligator clips, small section of hose) and both injectors were night and day different.

Advertisement