Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to price a used motorcycle?? Nuclear General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 12-25-2012 08:31 PM
What has happened to so many motorcycle dealers these days? Desmorider General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 10-18-2010 02:31 PM
Any motorcycle gear and accessories dealers in HARWIN? Soull2Soull General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 08-27-2008 11:45 AM
Suggested Motorcycle Dealers iCole General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-16-2008 12:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
Jango

Send a message via AIM to Jango
ha dont come to waco then there is only one shop that sells honda, suzuki, and kawasaki so they are able to get whatever price they want. and you are not allowed to talk down prices becuase they know if you dont buy it then someone else will.
Jango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 03-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
Slowkat
Nutty Buddy

Send a message via AIM to Slowkat
I don't understand why people get off when dealers don't haggle. Aren't they allowed to make profit? Nobody gets off at Burger King when the price is set in stone on the menu.....and thats like 600% profit. Everyone likes to get a good deal but don't get too off when they when they don't want to give it away..supply and demand.

Also, the reason they don't want to tell you the price is a grossing stratagy. They'll focus on monthy payment, get you setup at a decent 175/month....for 7 years....lol
Old 03-18-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
dr.demento

Bike(s):
05/gsxr750

Send a message via ICQ to dr.demento
I don't understand why people come to their defense. If it wasn't a profitable business they would be selling burgers instead of motorcycles. It's just business...everyone haggles and is looking for the B&BD.

Nothing annoys me more when sales people try to use ham handed tactics to make me think they are trying to get me the better deal. I walk in, flash the cash and expect the bottom line. If I think I can get a better price I will walk. There is nothing personal about it. Everyone with a little patience will do the same thing.
dr.demento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #6
DanteLee
Sexy Dynamite

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
suzuki katana 96(sold)
honda cbr f4i 06 (sold)
ride my neighbors harley cuz he doesnt ride it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.demento
I don't understand why people come to their defense. If it wasn't a profitable business they would be selling burgers instead of motorcycles. It's just business...everyone haggles and is looking for the B&BD.

Nothing annoys me more when sales people try to use ham handed tactics to make me think they are trying to get me the better deal. I walk in, flash the cash and expect the bottom line. If I think I can get a better price I will walk. There is nothing personal about it. Everyone with a little patience will do the same thing.

thats it most people rush and if you r buying research and definitely patience will get you a better deal.....dealers are a dime a dozen in texas.
DanteLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:22 PM   #7
notstock22

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR-750

Send a message via AIM to notstock22
hey twisted metal i am goin to mcallen this weekend for a wedding and last time i was there their prices were way cheaper and i will see if they take trades, i will hit you up this weekend bout it
notstock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #8
aznhero913
J.D.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

why are they(dealers) such when its time to trade in the bike?They'll haggle you about the trade in value, tell you its not worth kbb & etc...
They're allowed to conduct buisness the way they want to sure, but what if gas stations(not the oil companies which set the gas prices) had the same strategy of supply and demand and they were allowed to set prices to their standards?. (Trust me guys i'll break this down to the guns and butter theory using kansian economics.)
aznhero913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #9
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznhero913
why are they(dealers) such when its time to trade in the bike?They'll haggle you about the trade in value, tell you its not worth kbb & etc...
They're allowed to conduct buisness the way they want to sure, but what if gas stations(not the oil companies which set the gas prices) had the same strategy of supply and demand and they were allowed to set prices to their standards?. (Trust me guys i'll break this down to the guns and butter theory using kansian economics.)
Gas are regulated by the Government. There are people that are willing to pay more for what it is worth depends on who look at it. One man's trash is another man's treasure, or one man's is another man's wife.
All of you ALWAYS crying about price. Quit this whining. No body wants to hear this whining. If you think it is too much go else where and let us know what kind of deal you get and where is what we want to know. Try Eximport if you didn't like the price.:laughing6 :laughing6 You know what? It is proven that there are suckers everywhere, just who has the heart to take advantage of these people?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
haha. word.

i wouldnt EXPECT any dealer to haggle. id just want a fair price. im not going to haggle for that. id just walk and go onto the next dealer.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #11
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 03-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #12
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 03-18-2007, 05:33 PM   #13
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
hey people...i'm not ...nor am i whinning..i just find it hard to believe that a bike in one city is so much more than one in another city...and how one dealer like the one i called in texarkana was cool and understanding about me triing to get another bike....and the BASTARDS here in cc and sa just don't give a ****....if u ain't willing to pay them 2 or 3k profiit on top of gettin jacked by suzuki's financing...ur not gonna be gettin a bike....

so i shall be gettin rid of my street 750 and will take my business else where...

ohh yeah and i also found some 06 cbr 1ks for 8995 at a dfw dealer.... and alamo wanted 10k....ummm yup i shall be doing some driving to save myself some money...

i just think myself being a reasonalbe person...if i owned a dealership i'd try to get whose ever business i could...and not just the peeps that can afford msrp or more.
The riding season has begun and they know that they could push all the stocks out before the summer time. That's is why they don't care.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 03-18-2007, 05:46 PM   #15
gix1k

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
GSXR600 Yamaha Roadstar Ducati 848 2009 GSXR1000 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTED METAL
i wasn't triing to haggle....

i don't consider myself a LOWBALLER...i'm just a poor military man triing to get as good a deal as possible...

and cc and sa dealers have lost ne hopes of gettin my money cuz there r some tx dealers that have way better prices....and i don't mind driving a few hundred miles to save myself 1k or more...

I'm with you on the stealerships who try to rape you while others try to do you right. But I do know someone in the business and he does say profit margins are tight when it comes to bikes so they raly can't hagle, and like you say if you don't buy some dumb behind you will. I was also thinking of going out of town and or state to get a good deal until I factored in the gas cost and there goes any savings :BangHead:
gix1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #16
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 03-18-2007, 06:15 PM   #17
gix1k

Bike(s):

Ya definetly worth it and I will check those places out myself BC I'm in the market for a new GSXR 1000
Old 03-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #18
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):

User is banned

Old 03-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #19
gix1k

Bike(s):

^^^^^^cool
Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 PM   #20
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

what amazes me is when i was looking for a new fz1. nobody wanted less than $8500 for the bike. I called all over the state. I called a place in alabama and was quoted a price of $7100 OTD. I had the pay texas sales tax of course but still worth the drive to pick it up.
Birmingham alabama area also has their bikes alot cheaper.
Look in cycle trader and look in alabama.
Anyplace but texas
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement