MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
1SMAR
Senior Member
 
1SMAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Earth
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 493


Bike(s):
R6









Send a message via AIM to 1SMAR Send a message via Yahoo to 1SMAR
Thinking about breeding my Pitt!

I have a 1 year old blue pitbull that i am thinking about breeding. He weighs around 100 pounds and has the best temperament. I really want to see what kind of pups he can make with the right mate. That is him in my aviator picture. i have more pics that i can email to you if want. let me know if anyone of you guys/girls want to make some pups with him! pm me and we can talk it over!
thanks
1SMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Texans - Pitt Bull News Bevo Off Topic 7 03-11-2015 06:03 AM
Brad Pitt bike crash Buck Beasley General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 10-30-2009 10:32 AM
Brad Pitt in motorcycle accident ParAvion General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 10-29-2009 05:44 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2007, 01:19 AM   #2
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus
 
Mr.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sugarland
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 4,759

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR






Sure, go for it. I heard the SPCA is running out of dogs.
__________________
Faster and Faster, Slowly! BRAWP it like its hot, BRAWP it like its hot.
Mr.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SMAR
aviator picture.
whats that?


Being a backyard breeder isn't cool. Don't they all live in Porter?
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
my ex girlfriend is trying to get pregnant
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #5
knee_dragger
Senior Member
 
knee_dragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alief
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,917

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
crf450









HAHAHAHA ah s%#t

OWNED
__________________
R.I.P. Roger "Koskesh"
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
R.I.P. Matt "Yankee R6"
December 2, 1980-October 13, 2007
You will be missed.
knee_dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:11 AM   #6
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?
 
ikp460.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,679


Bike(s):
pHiDDy









Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:59 AM   #7
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












The world can always use another pit bull huh?

Quote:
Friendswood woman dies after being attacked by own dog
Officers shot and killed one of three dogs at scene
KTRK By Kevin Quinn

(3/17/07 - KTRK/FRIENDSWOOD, TX) - A Friendswood woman is dead after she was apparently attacked and killed by one or more dogs Saturday afternoon. Police were forced to kill one of the dogs.

It happened at a home near the intersection of Meadow Trail Court and Meadow Bend in Friendswood. The woman's body was discovered by a landscaping crew working on a neighbor's home.

A neighbor called 911 just after 6pm after the landscapers alerted them that there was a woman bleeding profusely and lying in her backyard right next door.

Upon arrival, officers found three dogs in the backyard. One, which police describe as a 'pit bull type' dog, lunged at an officer and was shot to death. Another dog, a retriever, was easily caught.

But the third dog, described by police as an Alaskan collie, escaped in the chaos. It ran out into the neighborhood for about 30 minutes but police eventually caught up to it. Police say that dog had blood on it. Officers say they had to Taser it into submission.

Police say the victim suffered severe wounds to her upper body in the mauling. Investigators have not publicly identified the victim, but they believe she lives in the home where the incident happened with her husband and her two adult sons. She was 50 years old. The dogs were apparently hers. The woman was home alone with the dogs at the time of the attack.

"You read about it in the newspapers and you see it in the newscast and you see that it happens in other communities and you shake her head and say 'How can this happen?' and low and behold it happens right here in the city of Friendswood," said Chief Bob Wieners with the Friendswood Police Department.

Police believe only the one dog actually attacked the woman. They say it was the dog that they had to kill. The other two dogs are now in custody of animal control. It's unclear at this point why that dog attacked but police say with no witnesses they may never know.

The Galveston County Medical Examiner's Office was on the scene to investigate the cause of death
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)
-d
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:09 AM   #8
stunterdude
Senior Member
 
stunterdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: cypress
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 2,156

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
04 zx10,03 gsxr600,2001 f4i, 03 gsxr 1000, 2006 yzf250,2004crf150,2006 crf 450r,2001 929,06 klx 110




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to stunterdude
pit bulls are tight, and that didnt even say pit bull just (a pitbull type dog?) thats a stereo typ of pits, there not all crazy old lady killers
__________________
Please contact Solracer about sponsorship
stunterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #9
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by stunterdude
pit bulls are tight, and that didnt even say pit bull just (a pitbull type dog?) thats a stereo typ of pits, there not all crazy old lady killers
They probably couldn't tell 100% after the officer blasted a cap in his a*s. I'm sure all the other pit bulls that have mauled little kids and others to death were all foaming at the mouth when their owners got them too.

You get what you pay for, pit bulls are kinda like winning the lottery -you might get lucky and get one that doesn't eat you, your relatives or a neighbor. Come to think of it, I can't recall the last news story about a poodle or a German shepherd eating the hand that fed them.

-d :confused2
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #10
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2
 
Mrs. ~T~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 290 @ huffmeister
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 12,989


Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600









Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
i have a VERY sexi red nose!
GREAT temperment also
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 AM   #11
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace
 
TxBritt08R1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,181

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!







Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
They probably couldn't tell 100% after the officer blasted a cap in his a*s. I'm sure all the other pit bulls that have mauled little kids and others to death were all foaming at the mouth when their owners got them too.

You get what you pay for, pit bulls are kinda like winning the lottery -you might get lucky and get one that doesn't eat you, your relatives or a neighbor. Come to think of it, I can't recall the last news story about a poodle or a German shepherd eating the hand that fed them.
-d :confused2
Thats because the news media won't report on dog maulings if they aren't Pit bull, or pit bull look-a-like related. Labs, dobies, germans, rotts, and chows chew on all kinds of people, but its the Pits you hear about.

Any dog that isn't brought up correctly, and I mean ANY, has the potential to attack. A perfectly tame dog, if left to its own devices in an uncontrolled environment, ( ie, he gets out and wanders off for a week or so ) where it has the chances to pack up with a group of strays, has the potential to attack. Dogs get bold in numbers. I've seen it with a pack of strays what sometimes wander around Pasadena.

As to the origional poster, There are plenty of pits that need rescued.
__________________
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #12
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6
Thats because the news media won't report on dog maulings if they aren't Pit bull, or pit bull look-a-like related. Labs, dobies, germans, rotts, and chows chew on all kinds of people, but its the Pits you hear about.

Any dog that isn't brought up correctly, and I mean ANY, has the potential to attack. A perfectly tame dog, if left to its own devices in an uncontrolled environment, ( ie, he gets out and wanders off for a week or so ) where it has the chances to pack up with a group of strays, has the potential to attack. Dogs get bold in numbers. I've seen it with a pack of strays what sometimes wander around Pasadena.

As to the origional poster, There are plenty of pits that need rescued.
I spent several hours of my life a few years back picking up the remains of an old lady who was killed and disemboweled by her son's pit. They figured that the she bled to death, and was alive (for a while) as she was being taken apart.

The son was when he got home because the police had shot the dog.

The way I see it, the dogs are just unpredictable. No one knows what sets them off, but the results are almost all the same. "The dog was a good dog, he never hurt nobody." The owners all fall into almost the same denial mentality and think they're badas* because they own one.

-d :confused2
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:12 AM   #13
Badzx14r
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: lagrange tx
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,746


Bike(s):
2many2list









User is banned

.
Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #14
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r
yeah so what you saying... people with guns in their hands was good ppl's also... right up to the point were they shot a hole in the cashier's head to steal 20.00 dolla's
Are we talking dogs or guns?

You might not be literate enough to understand the thread or my point of view so I'll *enlighten* you a little here. (no need to thank me, that's the kinda guy I am)

Pit bulls are unpredictable.
(that is a true and correct statement reflective of the breed)

Pet owners of the aforementioned don't raise them to be child killers (or grandmas' or anyone else) for that matter, but that happens. I've never read a story about a chihuahua, poodle, shepherd or even a dobie kill or turn on their owners in recent years. I'm not saying that it's never happened but there have been countless numbers of pits that turn on their owners/family members.

There are people that raise them to fight/kill. These are the dumbas*es that should be jailed and beaten. Now, do they raise any other breeds to fight and kill? (this is your opportunity to enlighten me)

Oh yeah, you ride a slow bike.

-d :laughing6
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:35 AM   #15
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









on the threads actual topic....
Why do you think that your dog is breeding material. What characteristics does he posess that indicate that breeding him would be a contribution to the breed? (other than being big and good looking) Have you had his hips evaluated, and does he have any working or show titles (i like working titles )?
Keep in mind too that a properly bred pit bull should be no where close to 100 pounds. A large male should be closer to 65-70 pounds.
IMHO 1 year old is too young to breed a male, he still has not finished maturing, at this point you still do not know what kind of dog he will be when he is finished maturing.
My advice, if you do decide that you want to breed him, is to wait a bit longer and during that time have his hips evauleted by penn-hip or OFA and see if you can get him any working or show titles. Suitable working title would be in obedience, schutzhund, french ring, catch dog titles, canine good citezen, weight pulling titles etc etc.

DOA-
your earlier posts scream a lack of understanding and a biased hatred toward pit bulls. They are just dogs, nay more, nay less. The dogs most likely to bite are small nervous dogs followed by big nervous dogs no matter what the breed. The problem with pit bulls is owners and breeders who improperly breed them.
The media likes to play up any pit bull attack, and people like to believe what the media tells them. German shepards and standard poodles both happen to be, on the whole, a more nervous and defensive breed of dog than pits. They also tend to bite and snap when threatened. No doubt the lack of media coverage of these incidents contributes to the stereotype.
To sum it up, saying pit bulls are bad is the same as saying all people who ride 600 hp busas (or any other overpowered bike) are a danger to themselves and others and a menace to society. It is the owners, not the dogs!
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:43 AM   #16
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









Notice in the news article the police mention a third dog that had blood on it that had to be tasered into submission....

What the is an Alaskan Collie?

And do you trust the rest of the story as being entirely accurate?

I also know of a situation, here in town, that was kept under wraps were a young guy was eaten by his two labradors.
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #17
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












....
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #18
DOA
MH's slowest 600hp Busa
 
DOA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Feedback Rating: (15)
Posts: 946












Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya
I also know of a situation, here in town, that was kept under wraps were a young guy was eaten by his two labradors.
It's that vast right-wing conspiracy against pits...yeah I'm with you on this one man.

hippie tie dye

-d :laughing6
DOA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #19
amber|alexis
Senior Member
 
amber|alexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,367

Experience: 4 years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
I spent several hours of my life a few years back picking up the remains of an old lady who was killed and disemboweled by her son's pit. They figured that the she bled to death, and was alive (for a while) as she was being taken apart.

The son was when he got home because the police had shot the dog.

The way I see it, the dogs are just unpredictable. No one knows what sets them off, but the results are almost all the same. "The dog was a good dog, he never hurt nobody." The owners all fall into almost the same denial mentality and think they're badas* because they own one.

-d :confused2

it's people like you that make me sick. I have 3 pits - they're all registered, they've been properly socialized with both humans AND other dogs.

FYI - i did a research paper on pits I can send it to you if you'd like to read it. Pits were indeed bred as pit dogs i.e. fighting dogs..put up against other dogs, bulls, bears and rats. KEep in mind that the fighters still had to bring these dogs home at the end of the night - the dogs that were agressive toward people were exterminated. The whole man-eating-pit-bull thing is BS. ANY dog can "turn," ANY dog can bite a human. The pit bull is just the scape goat - there was a lady in england (if anyone remembers it was the lady who had a face transplant) who got her face CHEWED OFF WHILE SHE WAS SLEEPING BY HER LABRADOR...so please don't give me the "ohh it's just pit bulls they're VICIOUS KILLERS" thing, because you pretty much have the racist mind set, so i wouldn't be surprise if you hate black people or mexican people because of the way the "media portrays them" it is a fact that black people commit more crimes as oppose to white people, so from what YOU'RE saying, we should get rid of all black people and that would cure all of the crime in the entire world.

It's the uneducated, closed-minded people, like DOA, that really make me sick. I'm sure you also fully believe what the media has told you to believe about 9-11 and that Bush didn't know.

Last edited by amber|alexis; 03-18-2007 at 10:22 AM.
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #20
amber|alexis
Senior Member
 
amber|alexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,367

Experience: 4 years






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DOA
Are we talking dogs or guns?

You might not be literate enough to understand the thread or my point of view so I'll *enlighten* you a little here. (no need to thank me, that's the kinda guy I am)

Pit bulls are unpredictable.
(that is a true and correct statement reflective of the breed)

Pet owners of the aforementioned don't raise them to be child killers (or grandmas' or anyone else) for that matter, but that happens. I've never read a story about a chihuahua, poodle, shepherd or even a dobie kill or turn on their owners in recent years. I'm not saying that it's never happened but there have been countless numbers of pits that turn on their owners/family members.

There are people that raise them to fight/kill. These are the dumbas*es that should be jailed and beaten. Now, do they raise any other breeds to fight and kill? (this is your opportunity to enlighten me)

Oh yeah, you ride a slow bike.

-d :laughing6


actually yes...all of the "Bully breeds" were bred to fight, hence the word BULLY BREED. This includes, bull terriers, staffordshire terriers, and american bulldogs
amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy